Thread: Subwoofer for full sva system?

Subwoofer for full sva system?

Hi,

I am new here so first of all like to say a big hullo there to all.

I have a most interesting "problem" , My current system is in need of a better subwoofer, I currently have a "shiva" in a 4.1 cuft box , ported to 23hz with 600 (real) watts up its rear, it cannot keep up with my sva system.. and runs out of slam (bottoms) before i hit reference level and I am looking for a driver with the capabilities to keep up with the rest of the system.

Current system consists of sva 2100 fronts , 1600 center, 1800 rears (5.1 here none of the faffy 93.1 channels) I simply get better bass and output if i mix the LFE with the fronts, I cannot believe that!

I have tons of power on tap, I have even tried giving the sub 1400w from a p.a amp (bunker bk-10 ) this amp is currently driving my "buttkicker" , so its not a question of clean power or head room , maybe room modes are killing me off, but i need somewhere to start looking before i shell out again.

Has anyone used a sub that can keep up with this type of system, its used primarily for H.T not really music , must be able to handle the peaks, For example.. wotw almost kills this little shiva, and it iwas very highly reccomended.

sorry for the long post.
    Regards
    Gary.

First thing that strikes me... have you changeing the polarization of your woofer? For me it sounds like you could have a phase problem. Sending/or not sending the LFE to the fronts varys from amp to amp, the same is the question of setting the speakers to large or not. Some amps have a "bug" (i.e. some Harman Kardon amps), that means if you set the speakers to large you will NOT get the correct signal from your subwoofer output on the amp. What it means in many cases is that you have to set the speakers (on your amp) to small even if you have big speakers.

I don't know what "shiva" is, but if what you are really are looking/asking for is a new subwoofer, I would recomend SVS/TC sound, the bigger ones are awsome!

Thread Information