Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite JBL speaker system and why?

Whats your favorite JBL speaker system and why?

I prefer the Olympus system with almost any of the loads offered. IMHO it is one of the best Rock & Roll speakers and they look great. I am also a big fan of the L300's for sound and look.

Obsolete
    That is impossible for me to answer.
    I'd have to make a massive pro/con list and add up all the points.
    This forum isn't worth that much work.

"G" man......think of the endless hours of answering PMs to justify your stance to the learning masses. Empty that mailbox and go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Or just blurt it out there. Thats what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    You could streamline so much by doing so!! I'd love to see what your answers are- taste is subjective. No one can debate a person's personal choice. If you posted this- you could single handedly (sp?) sway the buying market. Do it-do it do it (cheers)!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBEE
    I prefer the Olympus system with almost any of the loads offered. IMHO it is one of the best Rock & Roll speakers and they look great.
    'Bee- I can just see your digs! Droppin the needle down on some choice punk vinyl, watching your bumfounded guests nearly spill a beer* at the sound explosion. If you lived near me- we'd probably be very good friends!

* I say 'nearly spill a beer' cause if they in fact spilled the beer- they aren't guests anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hapy._.face
    'Bee- I can just see your digs! Droppin the needle down on some choice punk vinyl, watching your bumfounded guests nearly spill a beer* at the sound explosion. If you lived near me- we'd probably be very good friends!

* I say 'nearly spill a beer' cause if they in fact spilled the beer- they aren't guests anymore.
    HF

Here is my living room with my main listening system (The Paragon is in the front living room), A bit cluttered with memorabilia but I love having it all around. And you are welcome over anytime. I always have cold beer and chilled vodka

'Bee- Just how I imagined it (well close). You got it going on! Hard to tell- but is that an Opel GT? (not your avatar, of course!)

'Bee- Just how I imagined it (well close). You got it going on! Hard to tell- but is that an Opel GT? (not your avatar, of course!)
    Opel GT?

If you mean the LP on the left Olympus that is a SEALED copy of "Meet Richard Petty" (with the bonus fold out poster) and that is his BITCHIN #43 Plymouth Superbird

I noticed you commented my Paragon pic and made mention of a blue chair I have in there. Do you know vintage 50s 60s furniture?

Opel GT?

If you mean the LP on the left Olympus that is a SEALED copy of "Meet Richard Petty" (with the bonus fold out poster) and that is his BITCHIN #43 Plymouth Superbird

I noticed you commented my Paragon pic and made mention of a blue chair I have in there. Do you know vintage 50s 60s furniture?
    Do I!? Better than I know cars!

Do I!? Better than I know cars!

Dude!

I have a chair I need the low down on. Its a 50s chrome rocker in the modernist style. If I send you a pic can you help me?

Dude!

I have a chair I need the low down on. Its a 50s chrome rocker in the modernist style. If I send you a pic can you help me?
    Sure. I bet I can describe it for you, though. Is it made of larger tubular chrome steel with a huge sweeping base and a vinyl (usually black) seat and back? If so- this is Italian (came here mid 70's) and was a knock off on a German Thonet built piece. Pretty common- but can still fetch about 3 bills on a good day. Am I right??

The blue chair in your Paragon pic is a Milo Baughman designed piece and his stuff is growing in desire. You can do well selling that puppy, as the market for his stuff is hotter than ever. Easy $500-$700

Sure. I bet I can describe it for you, though. Is it made of larger tubular chrome steel with a huge sweeping base and a vinyl (usually black) seat and back? If so- this is Italian (came here mid 70's) and was a knock off on a German Thonet built piece. Pretty common- but can still fetch about 3 bills on a good day. Am I right??

The blue chair in your Paragon pic is a Milo Baughman designed piece and his stuff is growing in desire. You can do well selling that puppy, as the market for his stuff is hotter than ever. Easy $500-$700
    I think so..........Like this?

Uh....No. You got something special there, dude. PM your number and I will drive to verify this for you (you're in NJ, right?). I think you have a very rare design by Mies Van der Rohe. And if you do- think $3-5K. I need to see it to be certain. wow. you did good!

No markings? I imagine the leather slung seat has springs underneath, yes? Look to see if it says anything under that part. I think Knoll was the only authorized manuf of his pieces (in the USA). Where the arm bar and base come together: welded or bolted? If bolted- what does the head look like?

Original rocker version of the current repro MR : http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D

Mies only made a couple of rockers- and this was one. SUPER RARE SUPERBEE! If it has any kind of patina to authenticate its vintage- it's probably the real deal. Too much infringement for a knockoff that close. I think it is- based on what I can see. I'm speechless. I think you should sell it to me for $300!!

Uh....No. You got something special there, dude. PM your number and I will drive to verify this for you (you're in NJ, right?). I think you have a very rare design by Mies Van der Rohe. And if you do- think $3-5K. I need to see it to be certain. wow. you did good!

No markings? I imagine the leather slung seat has springs underneath, yes? Look to see if it says anything under that part. I think Knoll was the only authorized manuf of his pieces (in the USA). Where the arm bar and base come together: welded or bolted? If bolted- what does the head look like?

rocker version of the MR : http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D

Done and done

Your gonna love the back story on this.

Thread Information