Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4430/B40 vs 4435

leif

4430/B40 vs 4435

Hi folks,

there are a nice pair of 4435 for sale not far from where I live. Just like 3 hours drive away.
    I have a pair of 4430 and a B460. Would you recommend me to buy the 4435? Or to keep what I have?

Perhaps a home theater with the 4435 AND the 4430? How cool would that be!
    But that is of course not an option. Not enough space or money...

sa660

4435 for sale

If the price is right and you have money and space. Buy buy buy
    You will be very pleased.

The 4435 bass will be very very low, fast and accurate, and you already know the mid/high?

regards,

leif
    I see there were an error in the headline.
    I ment of course 4430/B460 (not B40) vs 4435

Obsolete

I must recommend you the 4435 way as an non-objective choice !!!
    Then after, you won't need any more B460 i am going to buy.... hihihihih

Humour from France
    Best regards Stephane.
    Regards Stephane

leif
    Well, I have put my pair of 4430 for sale. Without the money from that sale, I will not be able to buy the 4435. So I am a little in a hurry to get them sold.

My wife is not very exited about this at all. She think the 4430 is big enough...
    Wish me luck!

Leif

Quote Originally Posted by leif
    Well, I have put my pair of 4430 for sale. Without the money from that sale, I will not be able to buy the 4435. So I am a little in a hurry to get them sold.

My wife is not very exited about this at all. She think the 4430 is big enough...
    Wish me luck!

Leif
    BEST Luck!

Nightbrace

4430's

Geez Leif, why in such a hurry?? The 4430's are spectacular, do you need to upgrade to the 4435's that badly? I don't think the sound will be that much different to warrant driving there to get them, selling yours etc. They are the same speaker really, just built differently for different applications. PM me if you are really selling the 4430's.

Well.......My wife is not very exited about this at all. Leif
    They never are......

leif
    Sure, the 4430 are spectacular. No doubt about that. And I said to a friend of mine just some days ago, that I would NEVER trade them in.
    But that was before I saw an ad where a nice pair of 4435 are for sale here for 7.000 kroner = about 1.000 US dollars.... So I guess you can understand why I am eager to buy. I guess I can get more than that for my 4430, plus that I can sell the amp that drive the sub, and I could actually also sell my sub. And sit back with much money and a even better pair of speakers.
    But there is only one but... My wife are NOT happy for this. Do you guys think she would calm down with some flowers, a nice bottle of sparkling wine, a small (cheap) diamond ring and some of this crap they like to hear "oh darling, you mean so much to me, you make me so happy, you are the only one, my life would be a mess without you" and that kind of crap..... hehehe. What do you guys think?

Obsolete
    No, the sheer size of the 4435's can't be shrunk with diamond rings or wine or whispering sweet nothings. She's simply going to have to whip out her battery of decorating skills and create an illusion that they are smaller than they actually are.

Flowers might work. Put a whole bunch of them on top. Change out the grille cloth for something she will like. Maybe something that matches the drapes or carpet or wall color, I don't know. :dont-know

Here... Tell her it's the 4435's or these. Give her a choice so she feels like part of the process.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

leif
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard

Here... Tell her it's the 4435's or these. Give her a choice so she feels like part of the process.
    Comment of the week!

Smile Tell her

Wish me luck!

Leif
    The 4430s are really medium size speakers, and your dream has been to finally own some full-size speakers.

NO, don't tell her that!

Tell her you never thought you'd have the chance to own speakers like the 4435s and how much you appreciate the fact that she's not saying "Definitely not!" Tell her that you hope to get a good enough deal that there might be money left over after the transaction, and that as a sign of your appreciation you'd like to take her to a nice vacation spot for a weekend. Then suggest a really nice place (that you can afford), and let her react to it.

If she says "Yes," you're on your way.

If she reacts with a different choice, then says "Yes" you're on your way, because she told you what she wants.

(If she refuses to go, you're screwed, BTW.)

In either case, make her the focus of the entire weekend. Tell her once (only once) during the weekend that you're thankful she's so understanding. Too many references to the JBLs will mess things up. Wine her, dine her, love her, pamper her, and take lots of pictures (not of the love making, though).

When you get back, determine which pictures she likes the most, then secretly get them enlarged, put them in nice frames that complement the 4435s, and place them on top. Yes, place them on top. (Put a cloth down first to dampen vibration and to protect the surface.)

Without saying any words about it, let her discover the pictures herself. If she brings it up (she will ), let her say what's on her mind and in her heart, keep your mouth shut, and hug her. From then on, everytime she fondly remembers the weekend and looks at the pictures, the bond between JBL 4435s and happiness will become stronger in her emotional matrix.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    The 4430s are really medium size speakers, and your dream has been to finally own some full-size speakers.

NO, don't tell her that!

Tell her you never thought you'd have the chance to own speakers like the 4435s and how much you appreciate the fact that she's not saying "Definitely not!" Tell her that you hope to get a good enough deal that there might be money left over after the transaction, and that as a sign of your appreciation you'd like to take her to a nice vacation spot for a weekend. Then suggest a really nice place (that you can afford), and let her react to it.

If she says "Yes," you're on your way.

If she reacts with a different choice, then says "Yes" you're on your way, because she told you what she wants.

(If she refuses to go, you're screwed, BTW.)

In either case, make her the focus of the entire weekend. Tell her once (only once) during the weekend that you're thankful she's so understanding. Too many references to the JBLs will mess things up. Wine her, dine her, love her, pamper her, and take lots of pictures (not of the love making, though).

When you get back, determine which pictures she likes the most, then secretly get them enlarged, put them in nice frames that complement the 4435s, and place them on top. Yes, place them on top. (Put a cloth down first to dampen vibration and to protect the surface.)

Without saying any words about it, let her discover the pictures herself. If she brings it up (she will ), let her say what's on her mind and in her heart, keep your mouth shut, and hug her. From then on, everytime she fondly remembers the weekend and looks at the pictures, the bond between JBL 4435s and happiness will become stronger in her emotional matrix.
    Geez Dome....I don't know if you sound more like Dr. Phil or John Grey.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Question Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    Geez Dome....I don't know if you sound more like Dr. Phil or John Grey.

Okay, I know who Doctor Phil is, but I have to look up John Grey.

He's either

1) A musical tool maker: http://www.banjolin.co.uk/banjolin/grey.htm

2) A political tool creator: http://www.geocities.com/~johngray/index.html#toc (scroll down and read the list)

3) Or just a tool: http://www.soulmateoracle.com/coaching.html

So, are you saying I sound like a banjo, or a big bag of exhaling political gas, or a poof who's fronting a trophy wife?
    Out.

Thread Information