Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCREENS ON JBL TWEETERS

bigredplane

SCREENS ON JBL TWEETERS

Has anyone bysides me removed the screens from there tweeters like 034, 035ti or 044ti's and noticed the big sound improvement. There is alot less smearing of the HF. I know there is a big danger of damaged , but the sound improvement is worth it to me.

I removed them and heard no difference.

The ear has a poor memory. The only way to do really this objectively would be an instantaneous A/B. (Perhaps two tweeters in the same cabinet that could be switched between instantly).

bigredplane
    Quote Originally Posted by toddalin
    The ear has a poor memory. The only way to do really this objectively would be an instantaneous A/B. (Perhaps two tweeters in the same cabinet that could be switched between instantly).
    What I did was pulled the rubber rings out set the screens back in they stay in just fine. Then play a song then jump up and pull the screens out and play the same song again. If only take about 5 seconds to do a A-B test that way.

Were the screens dirty that you pulled off?

If the screens were not clogged I would think very little difference if at all!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Ron

I haven't taken the time to manually push all the wires in a screen together to see just how much solid area it creates, but I think we'd be surprised at how much solid material there is. The fact that it's a mesh means it has a different impact than a solid blank of metal placed in front of a tweeter, but I wonder what the engineering decison was that placed those screens in front instead of something else.
    Out.

Obsolete
    The decision was based on all the caved in 066 domes JBL fixed under the "goodwill gesture" clause. You have to remember, most people are retarded and have to push every "button" they see. A 1" dome resembles a button to alot of people. Some people have a real problem with that and put screens and such in front of those "buttons" to keep them from getting caved in.

my grandson loves pulling them off those screens and yes he also loves pushing those little (buttons) domes.

Talking Glad you said it

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    The decision was based on all the caved in 066 domes JBL fixed under the "goodwill gesture" clause. You have to remember, most people are retarded and have to push every "button" they see. A 1" dome resembles a button to alot of people. Some people have a real problem with that and put screens and such in front of those "buttons" to keep them from getting caved in.

Out.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjames
    my grandson loves pulling them off those screens and yes he also loves pushing those little (buttons) domes.
    Yeah well, that's why they made the 077. But they forgot how much fun it could be to stuff a peanut butter and jelly sandwich into that slot.

That reminds me when my daughter tried shoving a peanut and jelly sandwich into my cd player. She had it in the disc tray and when I woke up she was trying to push the tray into the player!!!

bigredplane
    I believe that why JBL used bigger screen on the 046ti and the 093it.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredplane
    I believe that why JBL used bigger screen on the 046ti and the 093it.
    I'm not going to argue with you. If you prefer no screens so be it.

bigredplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    I'm not going to argue with you. If you prefer no screens so be it.
    I am just guessing that why. Do you know why they really change to the bigger srceen?

Quote Originally Posted by bigredplane
    What I did was pulled the rubber rings out set the screens back in they stay in just fine. Then play a song then jump up and pull the screens out and play the same song again. If only take about 5 seconds to do a A-B test that way.
    5 seconds is about 4.9 seconds too long.

Thread Information