Thread: DIY2003 Atlanta Amateur Speakerbuilding Show Oct. 25

DIY2003 Atlanta Amateur Speakerbuilding Show Oct. 25

Hi, just a heads up for the peeps here.

My friend Rob Cheng and myself, on October 25th, will be running DIY2003 Atlanta, a DIY home speaker-building show, where we will allow people to bring their own design speakers, accessories, pet amps, etc, and hook them all up in a big semi-free-for-all, all day in a couple hotel conference rooms. This is the third year; last year, we had like 22 different (!) speaker designs, and like 35 people. This year, we're expecting more... including stuff like a 5.1 music demo, SACD demos, and like last year, a computer with a full LEAP/LMS measurement suite for on-the-spot measurements. We will also be holding our "driver swap-meet" again... this is where you can bring your old, packed-away stuff, and sell it or swap it for stuff you have more use for!

This event will be occuring Saturday, October 25th, at the Comfort Inn Doraville, in Doraville GA. If you're familiar with the Atlanta GA area, this hotel is located at the intersection of Buford Highway and I-285, just inside I-285 on Clearview Place.

Here's a link, to our little web page, which has more info:

http://maxhawk.bravepages.com/diyatl/main.htm

All are invited- there is no admission fee, but we do ask for small donations from attendees (ie, $5-10 or so) if possible, to help defray the cost of renting the hotel conference rooms.

Thanks... maybe see some of y'all there!

Regards,
    Gordon.

OH, BTW, forgot to mention: We'll be getting started at about 8 to 9 am, on Saturday Oct. 25. These things tend to run until roughly, about 8pm, if past pattern holds...

Regards,
    Gordon.

Thread Information