At the risk of making you guys green with envy , I must share this:

A couple of weeks before Christmas a colleague of mine told me that some wooden horns were lying in the hallway in the basement of the office building. Being a 2397 and Westlake fan, I of course got carried away: "Hmmm... Wood. Could it possibly be... Nah, of course not..." Needless to say, I rushed down immediately to look at them and to find out what was going on. Maybe another audio company was moving in somewhere in the building?

To my great surprise four Westlake-style Smith horns with remainings of baffles from a soffit installation were carelessly threwn on top of a pile of junk (old CRT monitors, books in bad shape, a pair of slalom-skiing boots, ...)!

Obviously someone was moving out, and reflecting the way those things were handeled, it seemed likely they were about to be thrown away! Hence I called the janitor, and yes, he was cleaning out a store room that had belonged to a consultancy company that moved out years ago. Sure, I could take whatever I wanted, it would just make his life easier. Wow!

So I carried the precious horns to our store at light-speed and started to examine them: Two of the baffles are partly covered with light veneer, and there are holes for tweeters below the horns, so I figured it should be possible to identify them. In any case there are not that many studios in Sweden that had Westlake/Eastlake designed rooms, in particular not with two such control rooms, so my thoughts went in a certain direction immediately...