Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cars with loud speakers may be seized in the city??

Quote Originally Posted by moldyoldy
    Nahhh.....it won't come out, guess I'm just really freakin' old.....funny though, after a few minutes behind a ketone-saturated moustache, it really doesn't seem so bad.....I think I kinda like it.....yeah.....
    That is really funny
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Wow,

Of all the ridiculous things to complain about on a stereo forum (Its too loud for me and I don't like your music so go to jail). If you don't like loud stereos where you live....move! Next, people will want laws to protect them from feeling uncomfortable in front of big lifted trucks because they "appear" dangerous. I was one of the little assholes when I was younger-- I had over 5000 watts and 4 18"s in my little truck and I thought it was funny when I could watch the sheetmetal on old peoples buicks vibrate from 10 feet away. It was so loud that many officers couldn't tell which car was making all the noise because the ground was also moving. Now that I am older I just want the kids to have fun like I did, I really don't mind their stereos. After all, my PA system has 120,000 watts and can entertain people for miles. I won't pretend that everyone likes the music that the artist is playing--maybe there should be a law against that too. "All concerts attended by people younger than 40 should be banned"

It all boils down to older people disliking the youth.

Remember your dad telling you that rock and roll is the devil!!!

T

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by duffdog
    Wow,

Of all the ridiculous things to complain about on a stereo forum (Its too loud for me and I don't like your music so go to jail). If you don't like loud stereos where you live....move! Next, people will want laws to protect them from feeling uncomfortable in front of big lifted trucks because they "appear" dangerous. I was one of the little assholes when I was younger-- I had over 5000 watts and 4 18"s in my little truck and I thought it was funny when I could watch the sheetmetal on old peoples buicks vibrate from 10 feet away. It was so loud that many officers couldn't tell which car was making all the noise because the ground was also moving. Now that I am older I just want the kids to have fun like I did, I really don't mind their stereos. After all, my PA system has 120,000 watts and can entertain people for miles. I won't pretend that everyone likes the music that the artist is playing--maybe there should be a law against that too. "All concerts attended by people younger than 40 should be banned"

T
    Could you kindly share with us what make and model of the little truck you were able cram four 18's in?

I disagree. I don't remember any rock and roll songs with a working chorus of "suck my MF'ing nuts".
    90db of that is nothing like 90db of cheesy guitar solo.

MJC
    [quote=duffdog]Wow,

HTML Code:
     If you don't like loud stereos where you live....move!
    Why should a person have to move because of some a-hole who is abusing his freedom outputting 5000w of something that's not music in the first place. That's the same as having dinner in a restaurant and a person at the next table over is blowing cigarette smoke over your food.
    I like loud music, and I'm pushing over 3100w in my LR, but I'm also living on an acre and if the SPL 60 ft from my front door, with all doors and windows closed, is around 65db that 60ft is only 1/4 the distance to my closest neighbor. Thus my neighbor can't hear it. But with my front door 130+ ft from the street, and again with all doors and windows closed, I can hear some a-hole's thumper while he's driving down the street, and its way over 65db.

HTML Code:
    I'm old enough to remember the beginning of rock and roll and how the parents and goverment were basicly terrified, of Elvis in particular, and how they tried to stamp it out by drafting him into the Army. So I don't have anything against youth or loud concerts, but there is no need for cars driving down the road shaking the ground for hundreds of ft in all directions with sound blarring from it.

Well, part of me is jealous that my ride can't make that kind of SPL...
    Out.

But the smart part of me, in addition to disliking the complete lack of respect that it shows, is wary of the emotional, psychological, and physical effects, both short term and long term, that can accrue due to the potent combo of pumped vehicles, pumped up music, and pumped up testosterone.

(Or maybe I should say pumped up adrenaline, heart rate, and dopamine? Bart, help me out.)
    Out.

...not to mention ear damage. Between iPods and killer car stereos, there will be few left of this generation who will be able to enjoy high end audio.

Widget

[quote=MJC]
    Wow,

HTML Code:
     If you don't like loud stereos where you live....move!
    Why should a person have to move because of some a-hole who is abusing his freedom outputting 5000w of something that's not music in the first place. That's the same as having dinner in a restaurant and a person at the next table over is blowing cigarette smoke over your food.
    I like loud music, and I'm pushing over 3100w in my LR, but I'm also living on an acre and if the SPL 60 ft from my front door, with all doors and windows closed, is around 65db that 60ft is only 1/4 the distance to my closest neighbor. Thus my neighbor can't hear it. But with my front door 130+ ft from the street, and again with all doors and windows closed, I can hear some a-hole's thumper while he's driving down the street, and its way over 65db.

HTML Code:
    I'm old enough to remember the beginning of rock and roll and how the parents and goverment were basicly terrified, of Elvis in particular, and how they tried to stamp it out by drafting him into the Army. So I don't have anything against youth or loud concerts, but there is no need for cars driving down the road shaking the ground for hundreds of ft in all directions with sound blarring from it.

I think its hardly appropriate that one person can declare something that another person enjoys, "not music" as if there is only one way to express yourself and if the old guys don't like it, you can't listen to it. I remember in the 90's they created "Bass Music" which was music specifically created to hit the resonant frequencies of other peoples cars/houses/buildings etc. to annoy them beyond all recognition. That fad has since passed, now there are nifty lyrics teaching the youth proper grammar and sentence structure which will sure help them in the business world.

I'm willing to bet you would be the first homeowner to complain If I were to set up my large format system outdoors somewhere within a mile of your house-- it may have something to do with me running 120Kw and you only running 3Kw. I suppose I could complain that your living room is disrupting my concert system, but It wouldn't matter to me that much even if you were. One could make the argument that there is "no need for living rooms with 3000 watts either"

I simply can't believe that someone who enjoys JBL would be the slightest bit annoyed by a little bass? JBL pro audio subs are world renowned for their ability to create vicious, tooth rattling, ground shaking bass. In fact, that has been JBL's claim to fame in recent years. Sound companies are more inclined to purchase a JBL Vertec line array simply because they are powerful enough to rip the ears off even the deafest rocker in the building. I recall rolling small balls of blood out of my ears every day I got out of my truck with 4 18" woofers in it. It hit over 161Db at 65Hz-- by the way, it was a little single cab 1990 toyota truck. behind the seats I cut a large 4 foot port and permanently joined the cab to the bed and had to weld in steel reinforcements so the back window would stop falling out. Ah, those were the days!

T

I simply can't believe that someone who enjoys JBL would be the slightest bit annoyed by a little bass?
    I really hope you are joking or just trying to get some attention....

I agree with you that it would be very narrow minded of me to ridicule or condemn music that someone else enjoys and I don't... however invading someone else's home with noxious fumes or loud music is simply rude.

Widget

Southern California, Orange County, Huntington Beach
    i cant help but be curious what those 18" woofers are?
    Young, but i love speakers!

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by QwertyAccess
    i cant help but be curious what those 18" woofers are?
    I've already asked about the four 18's in his little truck and have not gotten an answer yet. A pair of dual 18 cabinets takes a pretty good chunk of cargo space in my Chevy one ton van. Personally, I think the guy is F-O-S.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL Dog
    I've already asked about the four 18's in his little truck and have not gotten an answer yet. A pair of dual 18 cabinets takes a pretty good chunk of cargo space in my Chevy one ton van. Personally, I think the guy is F-O-S.
    They were eminence 600W 18" speakers. I used the whole bed of the truck as an eclosure and ported it into the cab. That was supposed to be cool back in the 90's. By the way, have you never seen a truck with a blow-through before?

T

They were eminence 600W 18" speakers. I used the whole bed of the truck as an eclosure and ported it into the cab. That was supposed to be cool back in the 90's. By the way, have you never seen a truck with a blow-through before?

T

Quote Originally Posted by John
    well, since you made me dig out some pics from when I was 18--- here you go!

I don't know how to take a picture of a picture, so the second pic came out really fuzzy--

T

Thread Information