Thread: Family photo..........tent sale madness..........

Family photo..........tent sale madness..........

Time to sweep out the workshop, move the stuff into the driveway.....hey, what about the new camera the wife got for her birthday...............hmmmmm.....; wife is busy, time to line up some JBL pro gear for a quick photo (went with low-rez, looks too low rez in hindsight)
    She never sees all this laid out in one spot at one time....................
    She walks out with the kids to run an errand, looks at the lineup and says "what are you going to do with that?"

"Oh, nothing..."
    GO JBL PRO!!
    From the right; a pair of three way Cinema Series CS3115's (2226G 4 ohm woofer, M209 8 inch horn mid, 2425H tweet), then an 18 inch 2245H in 8.8 cu. ft. cab tuned to about 28.5hz.
    On top is a 4655BK, drivers removed in the photo, installed a few minutes later, (using them for an acoustic guitar concert, loaded with a 2425H and a 2225, instead of the original woofer that came with it),
    Next is one of my favorites, a 4560BKA box, loaded a 2425H on a 2373 horn (used to use a 2370A, wish I hadn't sold them)(before that it was an all-original 4663A, had a 2345 aluminum horn, which I didn't like, and a 2405 slot tweeter, which I should have kept also!!!Woofer was an E-130 15 incher. The three-way 4663A was cool.)
    Woofer in the 4560BKA is a 2226 borrowed from the next pair of giants, the JBL 5644 Diamond Quad enclosure with 4 2226's in each cab. The mate has two drivers removed, doing temporary duty in the 4560's, as mentioned. The 5644's weigh 300 lbs, loaded. On the 5644 is three IRD monoblocks.
    On the equipment cart, among other things, is a Fender powered mixer, a Behringer 4 way crossover, a DSP8024, QSC PLX amps, a JBL amp, etc. Other stuff is some older gear, Marantz receiver, tape decks etc. The floor monitors are not JBL; Eminence stuff.
    I've got some closeups if you want to see anything in particular.
    Not pictured;
    Pioneer HPM900's and HPM40's, JBL Control 1's, noRh 4.0, Sony TTL5 and assorted home theater subs and speakers, etc. I suppose I oughta drag it ALL out some time for a photo. Too much stuff.
    I'm limited mostly by not having enough power amps; I can put together a plenty clean and loud system, but don't really have the firepower to run the quad boxes. Four 3115's is REALLY nice, with great bass. Also a 2245 with a single 3115 per side is nice. Okay, now you've seen some of my sickness. It's like hiding a hot rod in your garage all the time..............
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mikebake; 10-05-2003 at 08:37 PM.

thevott
    My hot rod had to go. In fact, all my cars sit out in the snow now

Rex Mills
    Mike
    You truly are sick
    But in a good way

Hello Mike

Nice line up!! That will keep the place hopping!

Rob

I am going to have to work harder to catch up with Mike!

Even with everything I have been buying up lately, Your collection still makes mine look small. Even though I have to walk through aisles in my house through most rooms, I still don't have as much as you do Mike.
    Ron

Some of what was in the photo has now gone/is going byebye. Keeping the 3115/4560/4655. Got rid of a bunch of crap from in the house. Still got a pair of 2226G, may put them on ebay in a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by spkrman57
    Even with everything I have been buying up lately, Your collection still makes mine look small. Even though I have to walk through aisles in my house through most rooms, I still don't have as much as you do Mike.
    Ron

Steve Gonzales

Sickness

Oh Yeah, you've got it BAD........

Like I can stop the madness anymore!!!

Okay Mike,
    What is left for sale yet. As long as things keep leaving your house for mine, your wife will love you for it. So let's make her really happy and sell me those 4560 cabs I have been hounding you about for years. I know I have some drivers somewhere in my house that will work in them(JBL 2205/2225/2226/Altec 416).
    I want to help you make more room in your house/garage, that's just the type of guy I am. LOL!!!!!!
    Ron

Nah. Just got a 2370A from subwoof (already had one from a fundraiser here on the forum) so I can resurrect them. They are too fun outdoors. What would the effect on the crossover/performance be if I used 16 ohm 2425's instead of 8ohm ones?

I still just like horn-loaded midbass/mid; efficiency, etc.

16 ohm in circuit for 8 ohm.

Mike,

You might not have any probs if the crossover is set up for adjustable levels on the 2425's. I know with my Pi crossovers that I had no problem since the HF compensation circuit provided a proper load to the crossover even with other impedance drivers. But on the JBL crossover, that might not work.

16 ohm resistor in parallel with the driver would reduce output but provide proper impedance to the crossover. If you have a way to adjust levels you could bring it back up.

Ron

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by spkrman57
    Okay Mike,
    What is left for sale yet. As long as things keep leaving your house for mine, your wife will love you for it. So let's make her really happy and sell me those 4560 cabs I have been hounding you about for years. I know I have some drivers somewhere in my house that will work in them(JBL 2205/2225/2226/Altec 416).
    I want to help you make more room in your house/garage, that's just the type of guy I am. LOL!!!!!!
    Ron

Ron:

Are you close to St. Louis? I have a set of 4560 clones that the wifey has been on my ass for years to get rid of. A company in Chicago made them in the early 80's. A very high grade of plywood was used. I covered them in charcoal ozite and used them for DJ shows 'til about 1995. They've been in the "Dog house" since then gathering dust. E140's sounded great in them. However, they will accept a number of JBL 15's as you mentioned in your previous post. Send me a PM if you want more info and pics.

This message comes from JBL Dog

12 to 14 hour drive to St Louis, MO

I wish it were closer, only other way is if someone is traveling along close to St Louis and Ohio.
    Thanks for the offer though. I know shipping would be too expensive.
    Ron

Thread Information