Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fool me once...ePay !

There have been a couple of instances where I got upset about shipping charges and asked questions, but later found out that the seller was quoting legit rates. I apologized for getting uppity and all was well. Then there was the time a seller stated "USPS Priority Mail shipping only" on a 65lb. RCA U.S. Navy speaker that a friend bought and had shipped to my house. When the shipping quote came in at something like $130, I wrote the seller and asked if he could send it parcel post, for more like $45. He said "Sure, no problem, and everything worked out.

Most sellers are decent; it's the ones that quote high flat rates to anywhere in the U.S. that you have to watch out for.

I've gotten surprised a couple of times with shipping prices from ebay purchases.
    My first ebay speakers, 4311Bs, were $60. The seller was surprised too and split the cost with me.

Later I won the auction for a pair of L88novas that I got at a good price.
    I was a bit more prepared until I realized they were in Hawaii. $80, ouch!

Now I factor shipping into the price and look for "local pick-up", even then I always ask if there are any charges besides the auction price if I do pick them up myself. I don't bid until I get an answer, sometimes local sellers don't want to deal with people picking up in person.

If it's not stated in black and white in the auction I always ask.
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Yeah buyer beware on shipping or don't be a buyer. I just bought a
    Yamaha KX 1200 cassette deck from Hawaii. It cost 28 dollars to ship it but I knew that going in. I kept my eye on that as I bid and the total with everything was 137 dollars. Not bad for that unit in good shape. Trouble is it is going to take 4 weeks or more to get here but I am in no hurry. The guy actually underestimated shipping costs and it cost him 32 and change.

I have lost money on shipping things to people before but considering I paid nothing for some of the items I could care less

I just got dinged like that,$17.95 shipping on a $.99 item.thanx for the tip on the feedback snipe, I hope its not too late.

Thread Information