Hi. I am a new user of this forum. I totally grew up on Altec and JBL loudspeakers. During the last few years, however, I have become increasingly dependent on horns. My disatisfaction with direct radiating speaker systems and their lack of directivity even drove me to sell my prized Model Nineteens as they no longer satisfied my horn addiction---I kept the drivers of course! I do have a cute little pair of Lancer 101s in the living room but that's because they fit, look nice, sound great, and my wife likes them (main reason). Needless to say, the garage is where I feed my vice and spend the most time listening to music. In there I have a custom small format Altec system that horn loads down only to 100Hz and is bass reflex boomy at about 45Hz. This does sound pretty good but it is simply not good enough! Therefore, I propose to build a straight exponential low frequency horn (the length of my back yard I suppose) to, at last, fulfill my craving for front loaded bottom end. I must be carefull, however, not to exceed the townships criteria for out-building construction! Anyway, looking forward to learning more from everyone and contributing when I can.
thevott