Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: Mcintosh MC2500 Amp to drive the 4430?

  1. #31
    Nightbrace
    Guest
    What MAC receiver would be a a definite upgrade to the Marantz 2250 I am using for under $250?

  2. #32
    "new and improved" JBL Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbrace
    What MAC receiver would be a a definite upgrade to the Marantz 2250 I am using for under $250?
    I don't know if you're going to find a Mac receiver under $250.00 unless it is in need of service.
    This message comes from JBL Dog

  3. #33
    Member sajt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hungary/Budapest
    Posts
    66

    Thanks for the members! MC 2500 GREAT!

    today my first McIntosh had arrived
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #34
    Member hwirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    85

    Great looking Amp!

    Congratulation Sajt! What are your first impressions of the MC2500? How does it compare to the amps your using now? Please share the excitement.

    The big industrial series (MC2300, MC2500 & MC2600) are my McIntosh favorites. Enjoy your new toy.

    Heath

  5. #35
    Senior Member JBLnsince1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    KC - land of ahhhhs
    Posts
    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by sajt
    today my first McIntosh had arrived
    yes, be sure to let us know.

  6. #36
    majick47
    Guest

    BIG Amps

    That MC2500 must be a powerhouse! I lucked out when I purchased a Yamaha pro PC4002m from fellow MA member JBLNUT, 420x2 with headroom. This was the followup to the PC5002m with a 100 less watts and 50 lbs lighter. While browsing Audiogon I saw a couple of Accuphase pro amps listed and the resemblance to the the Yamaha pro amps was almost identical but the price was a lot higher. If you you can't locate a pro MAC the Yamaha or Accuphase pros might be worth considering.

  7. #37
    Member sajt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hungary/Budapest
    Posts
    66

    my impression

    so i have tried the MC2500, with 4430-4333-L220
    ALTEC 604E-604-8H-604K model 14 and finally
    Tannoy Classic monitor and
    Tannoy Westminster.....
    teh best was the Tannoys after JBL and do not like the ALTECs
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    1

    Mcintosh MC-2500

    Super amp. cannot go wrong. love the industrial look and heft.
    Once you go over 300 watt/ch Macs pretty much have the same
    headroom, dynamics and sound. IF you treat them respectfully, (without
    abuse) and give minimum care, a classic Mac will outlast you! I just purchased a Sansui BA-5000 which is a Japanese MC-2300 clone, just so I could biamp without paying the wallet emptying price of admission for
    another 2500. Come to find out the Sansui is a total sleeper whose reputation is well known among the vintage/classic crowd and is
    now also in very high demand fetching ridiculous prices. I bought the 2500 used in 93 for half what is now being paid and can thank mysefl almost every day. Even the new Mac amps to my eyes are just not made to the same NUKE busting build quality. Yeah, they are very pretty with the big meters $ extra helpings of chrome, but have they stood the test of time (ALMOST 30 years)? I hear folks on some blogs talking about the soft and restrained signature Mac sound. Is it accurate? Maybe. I know that Krell makes a very respectable amp as well but sounds overy bright to my ears compared to the 2500. Hope I didn't put anyone to sleep

  9. #39
    RIP 2010 scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    4,657
    McIntosh MC-2500.

    THAT is a BIG MAC!




    2weeks ago, there was a beautiful pair of McIntosh MC-1000 monoblocks on epay.

    I guess when those BIG MAC,s were ordered the guy said SUPERSIZE IT!
    scottyj

  10. #40
    Senior Member stephane RAME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Haut de seine - FRANCE
    Posts
    609

    Sansui BA-5000

    Quote Originally Posted by ddino77 View Post
    Super amp. cannot go wrong. love the industrial look and heft.
    Once you go over 300 watt/ch Macs pretty much have the same
    headroom, dynamics and sound. IF you treat them respectfully, (without
    abuse) and give minimum care, a classic Mac will outlast you! I just purchased a Sansui BA-5000 which is a Japanese MC-2300 clone, just so I could biamp without paying the wallet emptying price of admission for
    another 2500. Come to find out the Sansui is a total sleeper whose reputation is well known among the vintage/classic crowd and is
    now also in very high demand fetching ridiculous prices. I bought the 2500 used in 93 for half what is now being paid and can thank mysefl almost every day. Even the new Mac amps to my eyes are just not made to the same NUKE busting build quality. Yeah, they are very pretty with the big meters $ extra helpings of chrome, but have they stood the test of time (ALMOST 30 years)? I hear folks on some blogs talking about the soft and restrained signature Mac sound. Is it accurate? Maybe. I know that Krell makes a very respectable amp as well but sounds overy bright to my ears compared to the 2500. Hope I didn't put anyone to sleep

    http://www.classicsansui.net/images/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. #41
    Senior Member vernb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by sajt View Post
    so i have tried the MC2500, with 4430-4333-L220
    ALTEC 604E-604-8H-604K model 14 and finally
    Tannoy Classic monitor and
    Tannoy Westminster.....
    teh best was the Tannoys after JBL and do not like the ALTECs
    Is that an Altec poweramp we almost see in the picture?
    Please let us have a better look at that.
    Vern

  12. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    66
    I also use Sansui BA 5000 with my JBL 4343B.This is really a very good sounding Amp.

  13. #43
    Senior Member BMWCCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,960
    Quote Originally Posted by vernb View Post
    lease let us have a better look at that.
    Vern
    I still want to know what small bookshelf JBL that is in your avatar? Looks like an L20t with an 044. What the heck is it?


  14. #44
    Heather [Senorita member] hjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NoVA - DC 'burbs
    Posts
    8,333
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I still want to know what small bookshelf JBL that is in your avatar? Looks like an L20t with an 044. What the heck is it?

    Its an 18ti - on its side, I believe ..
    Pretty wood - certainly makes me want to get a pair!

    But - with a silver tweeter rather than the black tweeter of these -

    2ch: Oppo, JoLida 502CRC, JBL L212, 18ti,240ti; Heath AS101, Von Schweikert VR4
    7.1: Oppo BDP103D, B&K, UREI 809A, JBL B460

  15. #45
    Senior Member grumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,331
    ... or was. No Ti in non-Ti 044

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. C28 McIntosh pre amp
    By Bill H. in forum Professional Amps
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 02:47 AM
  2. 8 ohm speakers on a 4 ohm amp?
    By rcpmac in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 07:29 AM
  3. McIntosh MA6900 & JBL4425
    By Rick in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •