Thread: A JBL moment...

A JBL moment...

Well, having completed the re foam on my L-110's, I figured it was time to do the A/B with the L-112's. 10pm EST I sez to myself, do I really want to start re wiring, pulling the ol' entertainment center out from the wall etc., Yeah, what the hell. I get them side by side, pop in a CD - collection of 60's goodtime rock n roll. Man O man O Chevitz ! These may not compare with the big boys or be the latest in speaker technology but I was up until 2am with a smile plastered across my face ! Seriously, after the first couple of songs I became aware that I was grinning ear to ear. I have the L-112's on the floor ('cause I don't have stands for both yet) up against the entertainment center - protruding an inch or so out, the L-110's up on stands on the outer left & right and the sound is awseome ! I have them wired to the A and B connectors of my Sansui 8080. Is there a better way to wire these ? I ask because I thought I read somewhere
    about wiring 2 pair of speakers in some sort of interconnecting fashion and then into the A speaker terminals of the amp. Can not find the link. Anybody ?

Smile A-B

Quote Originally Posted by ironman
    Well, having completed the re foam on my L-110's, I figured it was time to do the A/B with the L-112's. 10pm EST I sez to myself, do I really want to start re wiring, pulling the ol' entertainment center out from the wall etc., Yeah, what the hell. I get them side by side, pop in a CD - collection of 60's goodtime rock n roll. Man O man O Chevitz ! These may not compare with the big boys or be the latest in speaker technology but I was up until 2am with a smile plastered across my face ! Seriously, after the first couple of songs I became aware that I was grinning ear to ear. I have the L-112's on the floor ('cause I don't have stands for both yet) up against the entertainment center - protruding an inch or so out, the L-110's up on stands on the outer left & right and the sound is awseome ! I have them wired to the A and B connectors of my Sansui 8080. Is there a better way to wire these ? I ask because I thought I read somewhere
    about wiring 2 pair of speakers in some sort of interconnecting fashion and then into the A speaker terminals of the amp. Can not find the link. Anybody ?
    So how did they compare? Was there a clear winner?

Sorry !

Jim, almost forgot I started this thread ! Actually, I'm getting such a kick of how they sound together that I haven't taken the time yet to A/B ! Also, I've been rushed with work, kids and all. Hoping to get some time this weekend to sit and really do a A/B. From what I've heard already they seem to compliment each other. Heard some passages from the 033's that the 044's didn't bring out. The "punch" I'm hearing I believe are from the LE111's and the couch rumble from the 128's. No real surprises. The thing I thought I'd loose in this configuration was the imaging. Still dead on center with a wider sound - of course due to the areas left and right that 2 speakers occupy. Was I imagining things in my above question ? Sorry if it's "amateurish", repetitive to the long timers here but I'm just having as much fun as I've had in quite awhile and I'm psyched. ! I thought there was a thread here describing a way to hook up these pairs in a different
    way - maybe I'm just confusing it with bi amping (?).

Thumbs up JBL MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by ironman
    Jim, almost forgot I started this thread ! Actually, I'm getting such a kick of how they sound together that I haven't taken the time yet to A/B ! Also, I've been rushed with work, kids and all. Hoping to get some time this weekend to sit and really do a A/B. From what I've heard already they seem to compliment each other. Heard some passages from the 033's that the 044's didn't bring out. The "punch" I'm hearing I believe are from the LE111's and the couch rumble from the 128's. No real surprises. The thing I thought I'd loose in this configuration was the imaging. Still dead on center with a wider sound - of course due to the areas left and right that 2 speakers occupy. Was I imagining things in my above question ? Sorry if it's "amateurish", repetitive to the long timers here but I'm just having as much fun as I've had in quite awhile and I'm psyched. ! I thought there was a thread here describing a way to hook up these pairs in a different
    way - maybe I'm just confusing it with bi amping (?).
    Sounds like your having a jbl moment, where time seems to slow and your enjoying the sound so much its hard to be objective. Take your time ENJOY yourself. no rush. i was curious though about the 2 diff models. It may be there is no clear winner just different things you like about each one. I understand though every time i upgrade i am in JBL nirvana. I truly love each set of JBLS I own each one is like a child, Different but special in its own way. I better stop now b4 I cry Just kiddin REGARDS JIM

Thread Information