Purchased a re foam kit from Rick Cobb and just completed my first job (L-110 woofers). The last 24 hrs. have been tense because I was sure I screwed things up - turned out that the amp I was using to generate the LF didn't take kindly to the CD and was throwing out some odd noises here and there. I hooked them up to my Sansui 8080 and at 9pm EST I fired them up - they sound wonderful ! I did pester Rick several times during the course of the job and he always got right back to me - a good man to do business with !

Now for a couple of things I've learned:

An old fashioned wood clothes pin taken apart makes an excellent tamper - the rounded end fit tight between the frame edge and the surround, just keep glue off it (keping a wet wet paper towel handy did the trick) and the straight end also helped on a few occasions.

A cheap plastic paint brush helped spread the glue in the harder to reach places.

DO NOT try to apply the glue from behind as it gets very messy real quick !

Before you apply glue to rim of frame you can tuck the entire surround under the rim, apply glue and then pop the foam back up and over - very simple.

If you use an amp to generate the LF tone turn the bass and treble all of the way off (not just to 12 o'clock - zero).

Do not panic if you hear fluttering when playing the LF tone but have yet to glue foam to rim - the foam itself makes quite a fluttering sound until the glue has really got ahold of the foam - this was my first real panic. I typed in
"flutter" in the search here on LH and the threads that popped up almost made me pass out ! Lots of "if you hear fluttering you've ruined the speaker" kinda replies. The first flutter disappered as the glue dried and I kept tamping down the surround. The second set of flutters disappeared when I turned the bass down from 12 o'clock
to minus 10 or whatever - all the way off !

Yes, a turntable/lazy Susan would have been handy to insure a straight solid bead of glue - it has been recommended here on a thread or 2.

Keep track of your tamping by starting at the speaker wiring posts - that way you know when you've gone around one full turn.

Also, I cut several sheets of thin cardboard in a circle a tad larger then the speaker and laid the speaker on it for support while I had it upside down.

The worst part is the 24 hour drying time ! I was so tempted to cheat !

Now, to show you what kinda guy I am, I will admit a stupid mistake, right out here in public, before all of you !

At one point I popped out the LF CD to try it in my main living room system on my L-112's. I wanted to see if I heard any major differences with the 2 systems using the CD. When I was done with the Sansui/L112 test, I brought the CD back in to the "work bench" stereo (my kitchen) and popped the CD back into the player I was using for the re foam job. Got nothing ! No sound, zip, zero,nadda. I freaked. I'm studying the CD player for something obvious (hit pause with my elbow ?). Volume up, voulme down- could not get a sound from the LE111's. I ran the speaker wire to some old AR's. Nothing - but, hey this is good right ? Nothing from the L111's and nothing from the AR's. Finally it dawns on me, I take a gander at the amp and notice the power switch is in the "off" position ! Hey, its an old JVC amp with no bells, lights and whistles - just a small green light ! Reminds me of the old TV repair days.

"Your TV's not working you say, ok, before you bring it in please check to see if its plugged in"

Of course the first speaker was the worst, was an old pro by the second one. Now if I could just get my hands on some 033's....