Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: BGW 250 D Problem

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    239

    BGW 250 D Problem

    I've got a BGW 250D that cuts out at low volume. Some times its the left channel other times the right. When I say low i meen reel low volume. As soon as i give it more signal it works again. Sound comes back with no pop, distortion or anything like that. I know its not my source, I have a vu meter so i know it's getting signal, also swaped out the amp and the problem went away. Anyone ever have this problem? If someone has had this problem and it's an easy fix i'll have it fixed, other wise i'll probally have to retire the amp since they go for so little on ebay.


    Allen

  2. #2
    ralphs99
    Guest
    Hi Allen,

    Technically I'm not supposed to be answering any non-JBL related questions. But I'll assume you're driving JBL's with this amp.

    It sounds like dirty contacts on the relay that switches the speakers onto the outputs. From memory these are soldered in. I think they also have a small permanent magnet glued to the side. If your soldering skills are OK it will be pretty easy to replace the relay. Re-attach the magnet to the replacement relay. Or the alternative is to toss the magnet it in the rubbish bin. (trash can ) It only helps to break the arc at switch-off under load and so protect the contacts a little. Personally I don't think it really helps much.

    Cheers, Ralph

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    239

    Don't worry

    Don't worry its for jbls of coarse. Thanks for the imput

    Allen

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    239

    Thanks

    Thanks Ralph. You were right about the relay contacts. The relay was in a socket so it was easy to remove. Took it out and tested the resistance with my multi meter. I had resistance in the Mega Ohms! Would giggle the contacts and the resistance would drop to a few ohms. I carefully removed the cover and partially dismantled the relay and polished up the contacts with some Caig DeoxIT and the buffing wheel on dremel set on the low speed. Got off all the grime, reassembled and checked the resistance and I had 0 ohms so I was good to go. Amp works good as new now. Thanks again



    Allen

  5. #5
    ralphs99
    Guest
    No worries Allen,


    I'm glad it worked out so well. The 250D is a very nice litle amp.

    I haven't heard of Deoxit before. I'll keep it mind for my next sticky contact problem. I the past I haven't found a good long term solution for contact cleaning. Thanks for the tip.

    Cheers,
    Ralph

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    239

    Check out their site

    Glad to return the favor in someway. Check out their website. I have used there products a few times to bring scratchy pots back to life with good success.



    www.caig.com



    Allen

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 250 Ti Limited Edition Impression (lunch!)
    By Regis in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 06:39 PM
  2. problem posting attachments
    By Flodstroem in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 05:06 PM
  3. 4344MKII and 275ND problem
    By spirou38 in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 05:12 PM
  4. 250ti and 250 ti LE differencies
    By Jakob in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 04:54 AM
  5. Problem with L300
    By boudu in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 12:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •