Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW Memeber here!

Thanks for the info guys, bt the way....i am in Toronto, Canada.
    I do not know of places to get older JBL speakers other then ebay.
    I would expect that the future shop current jbl speakers are nothing to consider?

Just thought i would add that i have the 80T sounding alot better, they seem to like being spread wide apart and in the corners, in my room anyway.

pelly3s
    Quote Originally Posted by norealtalent
    OK You're banned NOW!!! Feel better?
    a lot better

Man, rough crowd today...
    I have found that the L100T3 was a big step up from the L80t. In fact, I read in a recent post the opinion that the 80t was the underachiever of the group (t series). I have been incredibly happy with my 100t3 (have two pair), and they can be found easily within your price range. But know ahead of time, they do like to be spread apart and away from the back wall.
    Good luck.

norealtalent
    Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s
    a lot better
    Glad we could help

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike33
    I currently have JBL L80T as my mains but think they can definitly be improved upon.
    Ideas?
    Yeah... put the components in a 4410 box where they belong...

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Yeah... put the components in a 4410 box where they belong...
    The components and crossover are considered good that i have?

Obsolete
    The components are fine. I'd personally use the 4410 crossover. They're easy to build.

Crossovers make or break a system.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    The components are fine. I'd personally use the 4410 crossover. They're easy to build.
    I will second that. The components are good.

Smile L80t

Quote Originally Posted by eyedoc
    Man, rough crowd today...
    I have found that the L100T3 was a big step up from the L80t. In fact, I read in a recent post the opinion that the 80t was the underachiever of the group (t series). I have been incredibly happy with my 100t3 (have two pair), and they can be found easily within your price range. But know ahead of time, they do like to be spread apart and away from the back wall.
    Good luck.
    Yes the L100t3 is a big step up from the L80t. They have different woofers and tweeters. the L80t and L100t had the same mid and tweeter. 10" and 12" woofers respectively. the L80t3 and L100t3 had the same mid and tweeter. 10" and 12" woofers respectively. the L80t and L80t3 are different speakers. the L100t and L100t3 are different speakers. Lots of people seem to think they have the same drivers not so. ie the L100t had the 2214h aquaplas woofer. the L100t3 had the 2214h-1 aquaplas woofer. the Tweeter in the L80t L100t and the L80t3 and L100t3 are also slightly different. different crossovers between the T and t3 series also. Different cabinents between the Tand T3 series. Better power handling and better sound imho in the T3 series though. of course the retail price went up in the T3 series. Acutally i have seen lots of t series speakers for sale on ebay but very few T3 series. Wonder why? maybe fewer T3s made ? Both series though T and T3 are very nice speakers and a true bargain in there price range

so what exactly is the difference btn the 2214h and the 2214h-1?

2214h-2214h-1

[QUOTE=eyedoc]so what exactly is the difference btn the 2214h and the 2214h-1?[/QUOTE The recomended amplfier was 200 watts for the L100t with the 2214h. The recomended power for the L100t3 with the 2214h-1 was 400 watts. the 2214h cone was black with white aquaplas the 2214-1 cone was white with black aquaplas, if i remember correctly. also the L80t and L100t used the 035ti tweeter. the L80t3 and L100t3 used the 035tia tweeter. Also there were differences between the crossovers in the 2 models. there may be other changes also between the 2214h and the 2214h-1. Giskard would probablly know for sure, he is one of the experts here. Im just a newbie myself trying to learn as much as i can. one thing is sure in my mind though, the L80t3 sounds better than the L80t. The L100t3 sounds better than the L100t.

Having owned the 80t3 and 200t3 i think that whatever differerences there are in components, the practical difference in hearing them is that the bigger driver means more bass and a bigger sound. That said, the 80t3s are also good, especially for the low price. Those speakers are probably less colored and more neutral than some other vintage JBLs; whether this is good or bad is personal taste.

Those speakers are similar to 44 series monitors in sound IMO. 44 series monitors have the advantage of being somewhat smaller, while the prices are somewhat higher in regards to the 80/100/200. That's the main difference IMO.

Thanks for the info guys, bt the way....i am in Toronto, Canada.
    I do not know of places to get older JBL speakers other then ebay.
    I would expect that the future shop current jbl speakers are nothing to consider?

Just thought i would add that i have the 80T sounding alot better, they seem to like being spread wide apart and in the corners, in my room anyway.
    Welcome, fellow Torontonian. Yes, I would forget about Future Shop. Keep your eye on the pro audio distributors, sometimes interesting used JBL stuff pops up. Are you interested in building, or just plug 'n play?

Quote Originally Posted by Chas
    Are you interested in building, or just plug 'n play?
    I would not mind either way, as long as it puts a smile on my face in the end!
    Do you have something available?
    Also does anyone have the boxes referred to available? (with crossovers).

Thanks,

Mike.

I would not mind either way, as long as it puts a smile on my face in the end!
    Do you have something available?
    Also does anyone have the boxes referred to available? (with crossovers).

Thanks,

Mike.
    Hi Mike, sorry I have nothing unless you're interested in a pair of 2216's!

I'll keep my eyes open for you, though. What part of T.O. are ya?

Thread Information