Thread: NEW Memeber here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up NEW Memeber here!

Looks like a great site!
    Anyway i signed up because i am interested in trying out a pair of JBL speakers and want to do it right the first time.
    My best speakers i have owned so far have been Paradigm studio ref 60 v2.
    I currently have JBL L80T as my mains but think they can definitly be improved upon.
    Ideas?

Thanks!

Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Mike33
    Looks like a great site!
    Anyway i signed up because i am interested in trying out a pair of JBL speakers and want to do it right the first time.
    My best speakers i have owned so far have been Paradigm studio ref 60 v2.
    I currently have JBL L80T as my mains but think they can definitly be improved upon.
    Ideas?

Thanks!
    Haha you start out by telling everyone that the paradigm ref 60 v2s are better than your current JBL L80ts Hmmmm........... Well they are both nice speakers. different sound alltogether though. Sure the L80ts can be improved on, Any ideas as far as budget and size goes? Its kinda hard to give advice without some general idea of how far you want to upgrade. Let us know your thoughts on that first. there are real experts here, and they would love to give you advice on how to make you forget all about your Ref 60s by trouncing them with a large set of jbls

Take a look at the Project Array Series. They should be available by now as they were supposed to start shipping at the end of last year.

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/ser...=US&Region=USA

If you don't mind the used market and you don't mind big, you may want to look at the 250Ti.

I'd avoid the older horn based systems unless you've heard some and like them. They really aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Widget
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thumbs up

Thanks for the replys, i was just being honest in regards to what i have owned.
    I actually prefer the used market but will look into the speakers you posted.
    My limit would probably be $1000 for the used market, i was thinking about the century 100's and a local has the 4311b for sale.

I just want a speaker that you would get excited about listening too.

Thanks!

Advice

Thanks for the replys, i was just being honest in regards to what i have owned.
    I actually prefer the used market but will look into the speakers you posted.
    My limit would probably be $1000 for the used market, i was thinking about the century 100's and a local has the 4311b for sale.

I just want a speaker that you would get excited about listening too.

Thanks!
    In my humble opinion, century 100s would not be a step up sound and performance wise from your L80ts. I know by saying this im going to make a L100 lover mad at me. its just my opinion is all. For a grand you can do far better. L65s for example can be had for less. L150s will stomp centurys also. L220s can be had for under a grand. L7s are awesome speakers if you were lucky you could buy 2 pair for $1000- $1200 price range. xpl series are something to consider also. There is a member by the name of Ti dome that is an expert in that area, Nice guy too. WOW thers so many great speakers that can be had for a grand or so, These are only a few. Take your time, Ask lots of questions, Do a search here on any model that catches your eye, There is lots of info and pics here if you do a search on probably every speaker jbl ever made. Have fun - good luck

Talking L100 lover alert!

Quote Originally Posted by jim3860
    In my humble opinion, century 100s would not be a step up sound and performance wise from your L80ts. I know by saying this im going to make a L100 lover mad at me. its just my opinion is all. For a grand you can do far better. L65s for example can be had for less. L150s will stomp centurys also. L220s can be had for under a grand. L7s are awesome speakers if you were lucky you could buy 2 pair for $1000- $1200 price range. xpl series are something to consider also. There is a member by the name of Ti dome that is an expert in that area, Nice guy too. WOW thers so many great speakers that can be had for a grand or so, These are only a few. Take your time, Ask lots of questions, Do a search here on any model that catches your eye, There is lots of info and pics here if you do a search on probably every speaker jbl ever made. Have fun - good luck
    Just as I'm ready to stomp on you, you call me a nice guy! Doh! (You know I'm kidding, right?)

Mike33: Oh well, Jim's correct, the L7 would be a big step up from the L100, no doubt. Some people might think they're a bit difficult to set up; the L5s are very nice, too, and easy to use--basically plug and play for excellent sound. These will easily trounce L100s. I've seen a pair of L5s go on ebay for less than a pair of so-so L100s. Imagine that!

As much as I love L100s, there's no rational justification for L5s selling for less. I've even purchased some L7s for less than a pair of good L100s. Maybe that's why I've got seven L7s and only four L100s.

The better JBL bargains tend to be in higher end speakers made ten to fifteen years ago, rather than in some of the more vintage or more recent products. You can typically get speakers that sold for $1000 to $2000 each for $400 to $800 a pair.
    Out.

norealtalent
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    I can't wait until later this year!
    You mean they're really going to ban you?

Find a pair of 4430's for $1000 or a bit more and put all else you have away forever....

I can't wait until later this year!
    While resurrecting 2307/8 would indeed be a "statement," I doubt that's what's in the works....

Question What's the damage?

Why wait until later this year for that!?

Nope, we'll all find out by year's end.
    Am I gonna have to sell all my current gear when I find out? Will that be enough?
    Out.

norealtalent
    1.) Yes

2.) No
    3) Both 1) and 2)

Obsolete
    Ideas?
    Yeah... put the components in a 4410 box where they belong...

Yeah... put the components in a 4410 box where they belong...
    The components and crossover are considered good that i have?

Obsolete
    The components are fine. I'd personally use the 4410 crossover. They're easy to build.

Crossovers make or break a system.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

The components are fine. I'd personally use the 4410 crossover. They're easy to build.
    I will second that. The components are good.

Thread Information