0 0%
  • Friday night or Sunday morning only (no hotel) @ $80

0 0%
  • The full weekend (no hotel) @ $240

2 25.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LH Weekend Commitment Thread and Poll

Arrow LH Weekend Commitment Thread and Poll

As suggested, here's thread for those who can make a commitment to attending a Lansing Heritage weekend in southern California the weekend of March 17, 18, and 19, 2006. **Please bear in mind that this weekend is in no way sponsored by Don McRitchie or this Web site, and neither is responsible for what happens.**

If you can make a commitment to attend, please complete the poll and post any additional thoughts you might have, including a list of any equipment you might want to bring. Please make sure your PM capability is operating, as I'll need to contact you to hammer out some of the details and arrange for your commitment to be "legitimized."

If you cannot make a commitment yet, there's no option for you in the poll and no reason for you to post in this thread yet. I don't need to know that you're not coming.

As it now appears, we can likely feature a maximum of 16 speaker set ups for both medium/large (16) and small/medium (16) systems. We can also handle about 12 DIY systems. List things you want to bring, and if the numbers get too high, then we'll negotiate what you bring and what you leave at home.

**Please remember that the quoted prices are estimates based on ongoing negotiations and could go slightly higher or a lot lower. Lower is my goal, without sacrificing the value of the event.**

Estimated prices include shared hotel room (unless excluded in description); one meal/mixer on Friday, two meals on Saturday (lunch, dinner), and one meal (lunch) on Sunday; access to demonstrations in three presentation rooms; access to the technical sessions; access to the proposed "swap meet"; and attendance at any tours or outside events on your dates of attendance.

**As long as I can, I'll add info here. Here's what "each" means in the poll: each person pays that amount, so the full weekend for two is $330 x 2 = $660. Saturday only, two people, no hotel would be $160 x 2 = $320.

The reason for including the option to select between one and two persons in many categories is because some members PMed that they'd like to bring their spouses. Since the poll only allows one vote, this was a way to have an option for folks bringing spouses or friends who do not have LHS accounts with which to vote.

Yeah, I know, it's not perfect, but it's what I did and apparently I can no longer modify the poll. Sorry for the confusion. No freebies at this point.

Aside from the cost of meals, the single biggest cost is the rental of the meeting rooms. It far exceeds the cost of individual hotel rooms.

The biggest investment of course will be in the tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment that members bring to make this possible. There's no way to account for the value of that.
    Last edited by Titanium Dome; 01-17-2006 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Additional information
    Out.

All aboard

Still a go here. I'm flying without speakers so.......what's this about a pole?
    Vertical horn kind of guy

Quote Originally Posted by jbljfan
    what's this about a pole?
    10-4

Other than the JBL demos, it would be nice to know what we can expect for our $$$ before we commit (e.g., meals). (I recognize that it wouldn't be finalized.)

Thanks

I am not sure if my 250 rehab project will be done in time but I will bring my Musical Fidelity KW500 maybe a Proceed HPA2 and some Firewire F7e's 10' speaker wires

Smile check out the first post

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin
    Other than the JBL demos, it would be nice to know what we can expect for our $$$ before we commit (e.g., meals). (I recognize that it wouldn't be finalized.)

Thanks
    I added info in the first post that should help.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    I added info in the first post that should help.
    OK..., so would the full weekend ($240 without room) be for two people, like the deal with the rooms? (i.e., second person get in everything and eats for free?)

I'm in.

Johnaec is driving.

As of now, I'm bringing three LE14-based DIY two-way systems (if there's room enough):

1) Q&D 4430 (Citation 7.4)
    2) Q&D L200t3 (L55)
    3) Hotrodded bookshelf (S99)

If I do a Q&D tech session, we'll morph them into Q&D Everest and S3100, and something special I'm working on....

It looks like John and I will be there Thursday night also, if there's a Northridge tour on Friday PM, 'cause it's an 8-hour drive from up here....

RIP 2009
    OK..., so would the full weekend ($240 without room) be for two people, like the deal with the rooms? (i.e., second person get in everything and eats for free?)
    Read the poll again - it's $330 each for two people.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    Read the poll again - it's $330 each for two people.

John
    Thanks John. I've tried to clarify this in the first post.
    Out.

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Johnaec is driving.

As of now, I'm bringing three LE14-based DIY two-way systems (if there's room enough):
    I'm planning on bringing a set of 4315A's.

Hey Zilch - I thought you were sleeping in the van to save money...

John

Last night my wife said that even though its a little costly, I couldn't miss this or I'd regret it forever. Wives like that are hard to come by. Put me down for the full weekend without a room.

If anyone is interested, we could demo a home theater night. We have a Hitachi LCOS HD projector-based system that uses a Yamaha RX-Z9 in a 7.1-channel sound system. (Sorry the surround speakers are CV. ) We're about 35 miles east of Carson.

If its of interest, I can also bring a professional SLM (even measures in dB Linear scale) to the event. Any meter that has weighting will not give an accurate bass response. Maybe as a demo/seminar, we could even do a bass frequency measurement such as I performed on the W15GTI vs 2235.

Last night my wife said that even though its a little costly, I couldn't miss this or I'd regret it forever.
    Of course if we could get a LOT of local people ( and long distance people too) then price price would drop shaprly. I'm wondering if the price of renting the rooms is scaring people away?

ALSO, has there been any word...hint..anything about a tour of Northridge ? After looking at the Westlake manufacturing facility thread..well..it sure makes me wish we could know something from JBL.

A little PR can go a very long way( hint, hint).....

I voted, will be there!
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

That's eight so far, including me. I voted, too.

In consideration of those flying in, we'll need to finalize yes/no on/off do/don't confirm/cancel next week.
    Out.

Thread Information