Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which amplifier do you use at home.

Yuri RETURNS!!

Ding Dong!

Hi Yuri,

Please Pm me about your amp review here down under..update required

I recently bought 3 Crown K2 for mid bass. 1 Qsc Plx 3402 for my 4 subs.
    And now i´m building a 5 channel Hypex Ucd 180 for my 2446/2450 drivers.

regards mats

Varvet
    3 Harman Kardon Citation 22

2 Harman HK870 in "quasi" mono mode for my 250ti's

Adcom GFA 555-II for my 4425 (4435 soon)

Still searching for the right amps for my 4313 and XPL160

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator

(Moderator note: Yuri has a financial interest in PSS Audio)
    Come on! We know this.

yeah something smells funny.

I think I know what it is:

Yuri Gutsatz decided to promote his products in an unusual way, never before attempted in the music sector and launched his own Eau de Parfum, Décibel!

"Décibel de PSS " has a rich and warm fragrance blended into a perfumed composition of lemon essence from Italy to which is added a selection of spices that gives it an originality and a lasting quality that the Italian essence, the elusive head-note, does ot possess.
    In this spiced bouquet, you find a whisper of Pepper essence, Pimento, Cloves and Cinnamon blended with the freshness of Paraguayan Petitgrain and African Geranium.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    Come on! We know this.
    Guido, there are many, many new members here since Yuri's last post.

It is only fair - and should be required here - that any financial interest of any kind in respect of a product being reported on be fully disclosed in the post.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    ... there are many, many new members here since Yuri's last post.
    It is only fair - and should be required here - that any financial interest of any kind in respect of a product being reported on be fully disclosed in the post.
    I thank you for that! I joined in early December and I didn't know of Yuri's financial interest - its nice to know, tho from the other recent conversations elsewhere here I suspect I should be looking for some 6290 amps instead ...
    (but my JVC receiver works fine in 2channel Audio and 5ch Home Theatre mode)
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hapy._.face
    When it comes to solid state: I'm in the Bryston camp, too. Surprised to see so many others that are! Bryston amps are excellent home theater choices- lotta muscle yet relaxed. But if you're gonna listen to a lot of music with your HT- my choice changes. Personally, I love the STASIS based amps. Find vintage Threshold- and buy. These things have great musical quality and NEVER get hot (very flat though- may not be for everyone) IMO, they make perfect choices for HT/Music set up. You can even pick up the older Nakamichi (which utilized the STASIS circuit) for a song these days on eBay. I have one that if I blindfolded you - you'd swear you were listening to an amp costing 20X it's price (some for as little as $200). Older Acurus amps rock, too. I find the Japanese designed circuit amps are too nasal for extended listening (again, IMO). I start to get a headache after a while (listener fatigue). Brit amps have no ass. Go American! (macs always a good choice if you can swing the ransom these days- valve or solid state). But, at this point- If you're up late at night posting on a forum like this- It's too late for you; I don't think you will ever find an amp that stays parked for long.
    There's been a Threshold Stasis S/500 A/AB amp lounging around our office for a while now, I bet my boss would let it go if there's interest. It's out of box, I believe it used to be in his home system. We're in the NYC area. 2006 Blue Book shows value at $1,110 used retail, $707-450 wholesale depending on condition. PM me if anyone's looking for one of these beasts.

je, regretting trading my old Bryston 4B away...

Every bit of my equipment has been torn down & is getting re-configured, but here's the power amp plan:

My theater has a Yamaha RX-V1000 and an NHT sub, house power amps are ADA Rhapsody (6 zones), AudioControl Architect 1250 (6 zones) and Elan Z660 (3 zones). Main music listening system will likely be using two Adcom 2535s and a Velodyne powered sub. Studio uses a Crown DC300 (main PA) and four Yamaha P2100s (control room monitors, main room playback monitors, main room vocal monitors, headphones). There's also a few Denon PMA 920 & 720 integrated amps, an M&K powered sub and a Canton powered sub in the mix somewhere.

je

Carver CT-27V preamp
    Carver TFM-15CB amp
    Carver TFM-6CB amp
    SAE 4000 crossover
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

Quote Originally Posted by matsj
    I recently bought 3 Crown K2 for mid bass. 1 Qsc Plx 3402 for my 4 subs.
    And now i´m building a 5 channel Hypex Ucd 180 for my 2446/2450 drivers.

regards mats

OK, my curiosity is peaked. You have 3 K2's for MID BASS? What the heck are you driving? And how much power does the Qsc Plx produce!

Rotations....

Currently, I rotate between an HK Citation II with full updates of caps, power supply, etc or a set of Mac MC-225s wired in monoblock configuration. Also have a set of Hafler DH-220s with the Musical Concepts driver boards and updated power supplies but don't use them much.

The Citation and Macs are pretty much the same, sonically, once they're fully restored. All work quite well with my JBLs/UREIs.

Cheers,

David

Triumph Don: I feed 8 Jbl 2226h 15" in my Home cinema. 2 2226 in each front and center . The other 2 as surround in Jbl 4530 scoop.
    The Qsc 3402 will deliver 2x700w/8ohm 2x1100w/4ohm and 2x1700w/2ohm. In bridge mono 1x2200w/8 and 1x3400w/4ohm.

regards mats

Thread Information