When it comes to solid state: I'm in the Bryston camp, too. Surprised to see so many others that are! Bryston amps are excellent home theater choices- lotta muscle yet relaxed. But if you're gonna listen to a lot of music with your HT- my choice changes. Personally, I love the STASIS based amps. Find vintage Threshold- and buy. These things have great musical quality and NEVER get hot (very flat though- may not be for everyone) IMO, they make perfect choices for HT/Music set up. You can even pick up the older Nakamichi (which utilized the STASIS circuit) for a song these days on eBay. I have one that if I blindfolded you - you'd swear you were listening to an amp costing 20X it's price (some for as little as $200). Older Acurus amps rock, too. I find the Japanese designed circuit amps are too nasal for extended listening (again, IMO). I start to get a headache after a while (listener fatigue). Brit amps have no ass. Go American! (macs always a good choice if you can swing the ransom these days- valve or solid state). But, at this point- If you're up late at night posting on a forum like this- It's too late for you; I don't think you will ever find an amp that stays parked for long.