Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The King of Bass is Dead, Long Live the New King

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    My opinion is that in a blind test, most people would pick the W15GTI, but ina sighted test...
    I give people much more credit than that. I find even the least informed and apathetic can hear when given the chance... the problem is far too often ignorance, not inability to discern the difference. Don't take my word for it... JBL and Harman's own studies prove it.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Besides, everyone knows the 2245H was the king of bass.
    Still is...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    Simple chart of the results...
    I'm sorry to dis the beastie, but this curve tells me the 2235 is the more accurate...read flat....transducer...in it's inteneded passband...flat to 1000hz.

They should both be test in their optimum enclosures for the definitive test....both at broken in spec.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    I'm sorry to dis the beastie, but this curve tells me the 2235 is the more accurate...read flat....transducer...in it's inteneded passband...flat to 1000hz.

They should both be test in their optimum enclosures for the definitive test....both at broken in spec.
    Until someone can tell me the point of this thread it should be moved to diy or off topic.

As JBL state "use for the intended application and the product will perform as intended"... . Car Subs are Car Subs, Extended Low Frequency Woofers are for Studio Monitoring and other Critical Playback Applications.

Close examination of the T/L partameters tells all.

Another case of doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons...Frankenstien comparions anyone!

norealtalent
    Damnit Ian, I was almost convinced to get 4 of them for my Westlakes!!!

There must be significant group delay in car subs...Bong...Bong...Bonk!

A long stroke helps..apparently,

David....Yeah well you can do what ever you like as long as your not quoting an original JBL Spec'd product..Heck..I thought what was what this forum was about.

A case in point...."..do coated 2235's out perform stock 2235's?..Maybe they were'nt aware of the aquaplas coating back in those days."

norealtalent
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    partial "..do coated 2235's out perform stock 2235's?..Maybe they were'nt aware of the aquaplas coating back in those days."
    I seriously doubt it. If JBL could have improved the 2235 with a simple spray, THEY WOULD HAVE...

RIP 2009
    So has anyone confirmed the rumor that the W15GTI is basically the same speaker as the 2266H, 381 mm (15") dia., 76 mm (3in) Dual Coil, Differential DriveŪ, Direct Cooled subwoofer used in the Vertec series?

John

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Oops! Were we supposed to?
    Well, as I recall, the subject has come up a couple times in the past, and I'm still curious. The 2266 lists for a lot less than the W15GTI, though...

John

Itīs 2256g boys not 2266. They are realy close in parametrar. The carwofer is dual 6 ohm and 2256 is dual 8 ohm.

mats

Hmmm.

I've not seen a VERTEC VT4882 up close, but I believe the 2266H is (was) also used in the SR-X Series (SR4725X maybe?). If that's the case, the relationship to the W15GTI is distant. It'd be like the W15GTI's shrimpy, older first cousin.
    Out.

Sorry, 2256 is in vt4881 compact sub. I havenīt looked at al vertecīs. But Titanium Dome is right about 2266 is in vt4882.mats

Smile If you read Danish

or can make a good run at getting the gyst of it, then here's a thread about XLS subs that turns into bitch-slap between a JBL proponent who's representing the W15GTI as a pretty good alternative. He references JBL's whitepapers and seems to know a lot about the 2256, too.

Look for posts by Hasselhof in this five page thread, and his interaction with 3DX. There's some good ripping going on.

Maybe we should ask Hasselhof about this. He seems to have a lot of info at his disposal. Who's got some Danish chops?

http://www.hifi4all.dk/forum/forum_p...xls&PN=0&TPN=1
    Out.

I talked with hasselhof yesterday about w15gti and he knews alot about it. The man is very smart and knows much about jbl and crown.

mats

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    Maybe you could keep us posted, Todd, on how they continue to behave over time. Your 2205/2235 is fairly new...how many listening hours do you think you have on them? The 2235 might wake up a little more down low with more break in. Just a thought.
    They have been used a minimum of 4-5 hours a day every day since their install last December between Christmas and New Year... probably 80-100 hours at this point.

Thread Information