Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JBL drivers as car speakers?

Nightbrace

JBL drivers as car speakers?

I am considering using the 10" woofers from my L36 cabinets for my car stereo, would this be worthwhile?

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    I have seen ppl use TAD HF drivers in cars, so why not JBL?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbrace
    I am considering using the 10" woofers from my L36 cabinets for my car stereo, would this be worthwhile?
    That has been done for years man, with many different JBL speakers. I have even seen 375!! used in a car. If you are into car sound, go for it.

Rolf

use 12"

I would use 12"'s as they are more efficient than a 10's. Just my thoughts!

norealtalent
    I'd just stay home if there weren't JBL's in my car!!!

pelly3s
    i personally wouldnt use a home driver in a car that is a daily driver only because you are going to put that speaker through a lot of abuse with temp changes and it bouncing around. Just use the JBL car stuff for the right money you can get some kill gear

Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s
    i personally wouldnt use a home driver in a car that is a daily driver only because you are going to put that speaker through a lot of abuse with temp changes and it bouncing around. Just use the JBL car stuff for the right money you can get some kill gear
    I agree, but the car-fi entusiasts don't care....

Rolf

I've thought about this as well. I want to run my spare 122A as sub.... I havn't really bother to research that concept. It's really just being cheap of me, not wanting to buy a sub.... but I'm a poor college student.

Sidenote, about the people who appear to not care about car-audio.... Doesn't it bother you to go from your JBL's at home to piss poor car audio? Do you not think that it matters? If you don't, then does it really matter in your home also?
    Excuse my ignorance.

pelly3s
    I used to be big into car audio but at the time being i cant afford it because I keep buying stuff for home. I hate getting in my car and knowing that its not gonna sound anywhere near as good

Maron Horonzakz
    Nitebrace....I see you will be a early candidate for a chochlear ear transplant. Not smart.

norealtalent
    I used to care about what was in my car enough to put something in there. Now I have home equipment that can NEVER begin to be equated by ANY car system. I have tunes in all my vehicles. When I want music, I stay home!

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    I've seen some bad assed car systems....

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbrace
    Sure. Not as durable as the Automotive gear though.

FWIW, I remember going to the Minneapolis Auto Show in the spring of 1986 and seeing at a "specialty booth", a Dodge Daytona-Z with four LE10H-1 woofers used as the subwoofer (back seat removed)...at the time, that was a pretty radical install.
    Paying debt to Karma...

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeisuseless
    Doesn't it bother you to go from your JBL's at home to piss poor car audio? Do you not think that it matters? If you don't, then does it really matter in your home also?
    The last first. Yes it matters, but not enough to make me spend $10.000 in each of our cars. That is one of the reasons why I never play CD's in my car. The other reason is that the CD's used in the cars is burned. My wife play CD's. I will not tolerate the original CD's in our cars. I had original CD's in the car some years ago, and they always end up not working. Even with a cd changes, so now I listen to a good radio channel when I drive.

Then the first last. In a way it bothers me. But I have concluded with that this is the way things are, so I can live with it.

Rolf

My truck has cheap stock factory radio!

When I listen to music I tend to tune everything else out and that would be dangerous for me when I travel on the roads.

Of course I can't chew gum and walk at the same time

I do love listening to my home stereo and then getting into my truck and realize how nice my home audio systems sound

I also like to hear if my engine or other parts of my truck have probems and with a nice audio system that would be missed.

Not meaning to be a spoil sport, but my truck is for transportation and I really need to pay attention to the road at my age(early senior moments!)

Ron

Thread Information