Thread: Technician Needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    analogman

Technician Needed

I am in need of a technician skilled in FM alignment and "tuning up" vintage solid state. I need one here in the San Francisco Bay Area as I do not want to ship. The receiver in question is a mint Sherwood S-7300, 100% unmolested original and functional, just getting tired and has some noise developing in the FM section.
    Please advise. (and please, no boat anchor jokes, I am NOT using this with ANY JBL ! )
    Thank you very much for your consideration!

Analogman

This should be moved to "Off Topic"
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

analogman
    Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    This should be moved to "Off Topic"

You know what fella? I'm tired of your crap and your condescending, know it all liberal hypocrisy. You lecture others on proper forum protocol, language, vocabulary and manners, yet you are one of the biggest jerks here.

You've still got a problem with that PM I sent you long ago, well tough shit.

I'm posting this here, "in public" hopefully to shine the light on what a pompous asshole you are. That's a BIG gamble for me as I enjoy little status here and don't have your post count, you windbag.

Stop your whimpering, your makeup will run.

My apologies to the moderators and members that had to witness this outburst, this idiot's been dogging me for months now.

Analogman

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    tell us how you really feel......

Quote Originally Posted by analogman
    You know what fella? I'm tired of your crap and your condescending, know it all liberal hypocrisy. You lecture others on proper forum protocol, language, vocabulary and manners, yet you are one of the biggest jerks here.

You've still got a problem with that PM I sent you long ago, well tough shit.

I'm posting this here, "in public" hopefully to shine the light on what a pompous asshole you are. That's a BIG gamble for me as I enjoy little status here and don't have your post count, you windbag.

Stop your whimpering, your makeup will run.

My apologies to the moderators and members that had to witness this outburst, this idiot's been dogging me for months now.

Analogman
    Feeling a little guilty, huh? Maybe I should post your PM to me for the forum to see who the real asshole is...or are you afraid the light will be too bright? I asked for an apology from you for something that you came up with from out of nowhere. I've been dogging you? Prove it my friend.

Hey analog and edge... take it outside.

As for the Off Topic comment it was correct, I moved it. We are trying to be better about keeping our threads a little bit better organized.

As for a Bay Area service center. If it were my tuner, I'd take it to The Sound Well.

http://www.thesoundwell.com/

Widget

analogman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    Hey analog and edge... take it outside.

As for the Off Topic comment it was correct, I moved it. We are trying to be better about keeping our threads a little bit better organized.

As for a Bay Area service center. If it were my tuner, I'd take it to The Sound Well.

http://www.thesoundwell.com/

Widget
    Sorry Widget for the childish behavior. My last post was made before I read your suggestion, not in spite of it.
    I know the Sound Well and Rich Crowell well, but was never very impressed with their techs, (I saw the bench, many times) BUT that was some time ago. Could/would you provide some details regarding their current tech service?
    Thanks,
    Analogman

Question Edge...

Quote Originally Posted by analogman
    (snip) ...and your condescending, know it all liberal hypocrisy.
    I always thought you were were kinda conservative, :dont-know at least by my standards. Did I miss it?
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    I always thought you were were kinda conservative, :dont-know at least by my standards. Did I miss it?
    Hey Ti...

You didn't miss a thing... ...more like middle of the road. Best to raise my kids that way.

Thumbs up Agreed.

Reminds me of the story about the man hiring a chauffeur. The driving test was to drive as close as possible at normal speed to the bridge abutment on either side without damaging the car. Each candidate was progessivley closer to either the left or the right side as they competed for the position.

The last driver went straight up the middle, as far away from either abutment as possible.

"That's the driver I want," said the man, and hired him on the spot.
    Out.

Thread Information