Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial Number registry?

D 101 serial numbers

O.K. this is a trick posting, because, as far as I know, JBL's first product, the D 101 speaker was never given serial numbers.

The D 101 (D101, D-101) had the model number cast into the frame and initially bore the "Iconic" label, badge or name plate, the first one shown below.

A second version of the Iconic label added the "Trade Mark Reg." under the three stars on the upper half. Maybe this was what prompted Altec to apply enough pressure to cause Jim Lansing to stop using the "Iconic" name.

The final D101s appeared with the rectangular logo adopted when JBL move to the Marquardt facility in Venice, Ca. in late 1947 (more details here: http://audioheritage.org/html/histor...g/founding.htm )

The first D130, D175 and N1000 components and D-1000 cabinet also bore this rectangular decal and no serial numbers, but I haven't seen it used on any other models.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

D130 serial numbers part 1: earliest serial numbered D130

The earliest D130 drivers I have seen bear the same square Venice, California "A Jim Lansing Signature Speaker" badge/logo/nameplate as the last D101s. So these would have bbeen made after the move to 4221 Lincoln Boulevard in Venice. The nameplate was placed on the side of their rolled and welded, flat-back, no-hole magnet pot.
    They did not have an applied label showing serial number or model.
    The model was molded into the outer edge of the frame as it had been on the D101.

The earliest "cut corners" tag with spaces for "Model No.", "Impedance", and "Serial No.". and the "James B. Lansing Sound Inc.", name only, appears at the bottom of the cut-corners tag. This tag first appeared in conjunction with the race-track oval shaped Venice, Calif. "Jim Lansing Signature Speaker" logo nameplate on the side of their rolled and welded, flat-back, no-hole magnet pot.
    I haven't yet seen a D130 with this labelling, BUT the drivers and crossovers I HAVE seen with the Venice race-track logo NEVER had a serial number filled in!

In late 1948 JBL move to 7801 Hayvenhurst Avenue in Van Nuys, Calif. and the race-track logo was updated with the new city. The logo nameplate and cut-corners label were still on the side of their rolled and welded, flat-back magnet pot. At sometime during the Van Nuys era the first serial numbers appeared on JBL drivers. Though I have found other JBL components with the Van Nuys racetrack and the "name-only" cut corners label, the earliest serial numbered D130 I have seen, number 5010, has the Van Nuys race-track logo and a unique "cut corners" tag without any Lansing I.D. on it.
    This D130 serial number 5010 shows another Van Nuys era innovation: the hole through the flat back of the magnet pot. So my guess is that this D130 is from late in the Van Nuys era, and the "no-name" cut corners label represents a temporary, stop-gap label when the "name only" labels had run out. It would have been used for a short time before the new logo design necessitated by the move from Van Nuys to Fletcher Drive in late 1949 had been finalized.
    I have also wondered if the 5010 number might be the begining of the "date-code" numbering possibly standing for October of 1950 represented as yymm, but that would seem a fairly late date to still be using the Van Nuys logo.
    glen

D130 serial numbers Part 2: The Big "L" Logo

In 1949 moved again, from Van Nuys to Fletcher Drive in Glendale, Ca.
    The Alvin Lustig designed JBL logo, with the "L" in Jim Lansing rendered in oversized flowing script had appeared in JBL advertising in 1950, and sometime around 1950 or 1951 it appeared on the drivers as well.
    Keeping the Logo design cleaner and bolder meant redesigning the cut corners label too. The name, "James B. Lansing Sound inc." was moved to the top of the cut-corners label, and in it's place at the bottom appeared "Los Angeles, Calif. Made in U.S.A.". In between were the same spaces for mode, impedance and serial number.
    The logo and label were still on the side of their rolled and welded, flat-back with a hole magnet pot.
    D130 with big "L" logos and cut-corner serial number tags on the magnet pot:
    (listed in hypothetical "date-code" order)
    D130 serial number 510511 (May 1951 revision? 11)
    D130-E serial number 10613 (June 1951 revision? 13)
    D130-E serial number 10613 (June 1951 revision? 13)
    D-130 serial number 10615 (June 1951 revision? 15)

When the one-piece cast iron magnet pot with the rounded shoulder profile was introduced the same big "L" logo and "name & address" cut corners label were moved the spokes of the frame. The serial number label was on the leg with the solder-lug electrical connection, and the big "L" log was on the opposite leg.
    D130s with cut-corner serial number labels on frame leg with solder lugs and big "L" logos on opposite leg :
    D130 serial number 212167 (December 1952 revision? 167)
    D130 serial number 407169 (July 1954 revision? 169)
    D130 serial number 412169 (December 1954 revision? 169)
    D130 serial number 503169 (March 1955 revision? 169)

The Logo and label kept their same positions on the frame spokes when JBL switched from the solder lugs to spring connectors.
    (Some other drivers appeared with knurled-knob screw down connector terminals, but I did not find D130 examples)
    D130s with cut-corner serial number labels on frame leg with spring connectors and big "L" logos on opposite leg :
    D130 serial number 510169 (October 1955 revision? 169)
    D130 serial number 601169 (January 1956 revision? 169)
    D130 serial number 601169 (January 1956 revision? 169)
    D130 serial number 608713 (August 1956 revision?batch? 713)
    glen

D130 serial numbers Part 3: The First Foilcals

The rugged heavy aluminum foilcal was introduced around 1956/1957. It featured an early version of the exclamation point logo with an "L" in the dot at the bottom of the exclamation point. "Jim Lansing" appeared to the left of the exclamation point, "signature" was to the right.
    For the first time the serial numbers seem to be simply a sequential numbering system, possibly starting with 10000.
    D130s with foilcals using the "L" exclamation point:
    D130 serial number 10268
    D130 serial number 10424
    D130 serial number 12394
    D130 serial number 12961
    D130 serial number 13631
    D130 serial number 13687
    glen

Hi Glen,

More great work on your part. Here are a few points I can add...

To the best of my knowledge, the D-101 remained in production into the Van Nuys era, late 1948 to early 1949. It is included in this catalog:

http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...1948/page5.jpg

I just looked at the original of this catalog with a magnifying glass, and the paper label on the D-101 says Venice, as do the labels on the other drivers in the catalog. There was an earlier version of this catalog on ebay one time (that I didn't win) that looked the same but said Venice on the cover. This Van Nuys catalog was probably a reprinting of the earlier one with the address changed. Still, it seems to me that if the D-101 production had stopped by that time then Jim would have removed it from the new catalog.

The two D-101s in my collection have the round "Iconic" labels; one with and one without the trade mark mention. Only the earliest San Marcos D-101s have the "Iconic label, as Altec Lansing apparently confronted Jim Lansing with what they regarded as his infringement of their trademark as soon as they found out about his use of it. Jim must have been working on the tooling for the D-175 and H-1000 horn at this time, as the earliest examples are labeled San Marcos, as was their literature. I have to think that he was planning to introduce his two way speaker with the Iconic name until Altec dropped the hammer on him.

Strangely, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office lists the first application to register "Iconic" as occurring on October 20, 1947, and being granted to Altec Lansing on January 25, 1949. The documentation can be viewed here:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...te=qftp40.2.21

One would think that the squabble over the trademark would have occurred earlier than October 1947; Jim had been set up at Marquardt in Venice for some months by then, and had been making the entire line with San Marcos "signature" paper labels previous to that. There is also no evidence in current USPTO records that Jim ever applied for a trade mark on the Iconic term.

Even stranger, that USPTO page shows first use of the Iconic term as "19370701", and first use in commerce as "19470401." July 1937 would be about right for the introduction of the Lansing Iconic; the earliest advertisement we have for the Iconic is in an October 1937 magazine. Wouldn't the debut of the Lansing Iconic, and it's taking the industry by storm have constituted first use in commerce?

It looks to me like Altec probably threatened to lawyer Jim Lansing to death, then after he had agreed to quit using the term they had their legal department leisurely work up a trademark application. We'll probably never get to the bottom of this mystery.

The first "A Jim Lansing Signature Speaker" rectangular paper labels bear the San Marcos address; I have a D-130 with this label, and have seen a few others. Single sales sheets with the San Marcos address exist for the D-130, D-131, D-130A, D-175, H-1000 and D-1000 system. Jim's friend Norman Neeley was forming a marketing company in 1946, and Jim asked him to help with distribution of his products. Neeley coined the term "Jim Lansing Signature" for the product line, probably in the wake of the Altec squabble.

Glen, I have about thirteen flat back drivers on hand including the D-101s, and two or three early cast pot drivers. If you like we can get together sometime to photograph everything and add a few more pieces to our puzzle.

Thanks Steve!

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for putting your vintage catalog, and this thread, under your magnifying glass!

This Van Nuys catalog was probably a reprinting of the earlier one with the address changed.Still, it seems to me that if the D-101 production had stopped by that time then Jim would have removed it from the new catalog.
    You may be right about this, but it's also a possibility that the product photographs were just a bit out of date by the time the catalog was being prepared. Maybe the D101 was photographed with the Van Nuys label for the catalog, but sales were limited to existing stock with the Venice label while sales of the less expensive D130 outstripped the older driver.

It's always faster and easier to revise the type layout for printed matter than to go back and redo product photography which is a bigger chore.
    As an example of how photos may lag behind: on the bottom part of the same page as the D101 you looked at was a picture of a D130:
    http://lansingheritage.org/images/jb...1948/page5.jpg

The same photgraph of the D130, turned to face right instead of left, is used on the cover of the catalog:
    http://lansingheritage.org/images/jb...1948/page1.jpg

This catalog is listed in the library as 1948 and the cover is stamped April 1949.

But the same photograph is still used for the 1951 catalog:
    http://lansingheritage.org/images/jb...1951/page1.jpg
    http://lansingheritage.org/images/jb...1951/page2.jpg
    The photograph has been retouched to hide the old square Venice label which was doubly out moded by then having been superceded by the race-track labels and the big "L" logos.

Another example is the D130 on the top left corner of this 1955 catalog page which was photographed with the big "L" script logo on the side of the one-piece cast iron magnet pot:
    http://lansingheritage.org/images/jb...1955/page2.jpg
    I've never seen one branded this way and believe this variant was never produced, just mocked up for the photo.

A similar interesting product photo may shed some light on another of your thoughts:
    Jim must have been working on the tooling for the D-175 and H-1000 horn at this time, ... . I have to think that he was planning to introduce his two way speaker with the Iconic name until Altec dropped the hammer on him.
    Well the 1948 spec sheet for JBL's first loudspeaker system doesn't mention "Iconic" anywhere:
    http://lansingheritage.org/images/jb...1000/page1.jpg

But then, as I continued to poke around the literature, I recognized the bleed-through of the D-1000 page as the back side of this page:
    http://lansingheritage.org/images/jb...d175/page1.jpg
    So this is really page two of the D-1000 spec sheet, not just a spec sheet for the D130A and D175. And looking closely at the side of the D175 driver, that round thing on the side of the 175 looks more like an "Iconic" logo than any other label I've ever seen on a 175. (see attached photo) It might be just heavily retouched, as some other JBL product photos of this era were. Or it might be a deliberate attempt to obliterate an Iconic logo after the Altec lawyers called. But I wish you could put that spec sheet under your magnifying glass, I think that just might have been a 175 with an iconic label in the original photo and your right about Jim Lansing originally intending to the D-1000 to be an "Iconic".
    glen

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell
    Glen, I have about thirteen flat back drivers on hand including the D-101s, and two or three early cast pot drivers. If you like we can get together sometime to photograph everything and add a few more pieces to our puzzle.
    That actually sounds like great fun!
    It sounds like like you have some of the "missing links" that I thought should exist, but haven't seen. And also some specimens I did not expect, like the Van Nuys D101.
    And you know I like pictures!
    I'll get in touch soon.
    glen

Hey Glen,

Just to be clear, only the address on the cover of the c. 1948 catalog says Van Nuys. The labels on all of the drivers pictured in it say Venice. I was trying to say that this catalog had first been printed with the Venice address on the cover, and was reprinted when the company moved to Van Nuys, changing perhaps only the cover address.

One thing is for sure, D-101s are scarce. I have only known of the existence of seven of them (I think) in the modern era. The two I have belonged to Hal Cox, who probably received them along with a bunch of other stuff from William Thomas many years ago. A friend of a friend in San Diego has a pair with original cones, reportedly with the round labels. One recently sold on ebay, also with a round label. My friend Robert In Australia has one with the round label. The only one I've ever seen with the rectangular "Signature" paper label was owned for a time by Kerry Brown; the picture of it is still on his site:

http://homepage.mac.com/ikecarumba/PhotoAlbum12.html

In the same time I've been looking for D-101s, I've seen at least 100 to 150 flat back D-130s, 130As and D-131s go by on ebay. So, even if the D-101 was still being made into the Van Nuys era (which I still suspect is true), very few were sold.

As to the use of "Iconic", my sense is that the altercation with Altec probably took place in late 1946 or early 1947, before Jim moved his operation to Marquardt in Venice. Otherwise it would be hard to explain the existence of the drivers and literature with the San Marcos address but lacking any mention of Iconic. I think that after Jim agreed to cease using the Iconic term, Norman Neeley came up with the "Signature" theme to use instead. BTW, Kerry Brown also shows the "Signature" label from a San Marcos D-175 on his site- same link.

It is neat that you noticed the same D-130 picture being used again and again. This tradition has continued at JBL, as a number of items have been pulled from the archives again and again for use in literature over the years. Some of the images appear numerous times, airbrushed, cropped or otherwise manipulated by the art agencies involved. There is one particularly hideous reworking of a profile shot of Jim Lansing that makes his hair look like whipped cream or something.

D130 serial numbers Part 4: The Classic Foilcals

It was probably sometime in 1957 that the exclamation point logo with an "L" in the dot at the bottom of the exclamation point was replaced with the letters "JBL" in the dot. "signature" was moved to the left of the exclamation point, where "Jim Lansing" had been, and "speaker" now appeared on the right.
    The serial numbers seem to continue the sequential numbering system begun on the first foilcals.
    Because I know some JBL products were specially aimed at the Japanese market I was curious if some drivers were more common there than the U.S. So I have noted some of the cases where I found the D130 listed on a Japanese website. The higher serial numbers do seem more common in Japan, so maybe it was still being marketed there after it became less commonly available in the U.S.
    D130s with foilcals using the "JBL" exclamation point:
    D130 serial number 15263
    D130 serial number 16058
    D130 serial number 16084
    D130 serial number 16601
    D130 serial number 19215
    D130 serial number 24426
    D130 serial number 24799
    D130 serial number 26058
    D130 serial number 26536 dated delivery receipt Dec.5,1957
    D130 serial number 27208
    D130 serial number 28363 japan
    D130 serial number 30072
    D130 serial number 30952
    D130 serial number 31884
    D130 serial number 32867 japan
    D130 serial number 35428 japan
    D130 serial number 36569
    D130 serial number 36625
    D130 serial number 39111
    D130 serial number 39154
    D130 serial number 40812
    D130 serial number 44321
    D130 serial number 44951
    D130 serial number 44953
    D130 serial number 45061
    D130 serial number 45066
    D130 serial number 45214
    D130 serial number 45459
    D130 serial number 45656 circa1960
    D130 serial number 46145
    D130 serial number 47780
    D130 serial number 48084 claimed 1959/1960
    D130 serial number 48085 claimed 1959/1960
    D130 serial number 49132
    D130 serial number 49134
    D130 serial number 51901
    D130 serial number 52832 japan
    D130 serial number 52921 circa1960
    D130 serial number 53148
    D130 serial number 55569
    D130 serial number 56685
    D130 serial number 61618 japan
    D130 serial number 63186
    D130 serial number 63834
    D130 serial number 63837
    D130 serial number 64285
    D130 serial number 68124
    D130 serial number 68126
    D130 serial number 70349
    D130 serial number 70368
    D130 serial number 73783
    D130 serial number 74239
    D130 serial number 74505
    D130 serial number 75733
    D130 serial number 77462
    D130 serial number 80067
    D130 serial number 83052
    D130 serial number 83067
    D130 serial number 83139
    D130 serial number 84815
    D130 serial number 84819
    D130 serial number 88786 japan
    D130 serial number 89450 japan
    D130 serial number 90560
    D130 serial number 90661
    D130 serial number 92600 japan
    D130 serial number 99237 japan
    D130 serial number 99241 japan
    D130 serial number 99250 japan
    D130 serial number 102292 japan
    D130 serial number 104053 japan
    D130 serial number 109931 japan
    D130 serial number 111707 japan
    D130 serial number 111808
    D130 serial number 112471 japan
    glen

D130 serial numbers Part 5: The Final Foilcals

The last D130s I found were an "H" variant bearing a redesigned foilcal with the Northridge, Ca. address. So these must have been produced after 1976 when JBL started moving some of their departments into the Nortridge facilities where they remain today. The D130H serial numbers are NOT a continuation of the earlier D130 sequence, so must have restarted at a lower number.
    The only examples I found were in Japan, like most of the highest numbered D130s with the classic foilcal.
    D130H drivers with the Northridge foilcal:
    D130H serial number 11469 japan
    D130H serial number 11705 japan
    glen

Lancer99 components on ebay

LE14A serial number 16803 and 17791
    LE20-1 serial number 40947 and 43057

LX4-1 serial number 7926 and 8706

three different auctions of parts claimed to be from a pair of Lancer99 speakers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-JBL-LE14A-12-Woofers-from-Lancer-99-Speakers-WOW_W0QQitemZ9720395657QQcategoryZ3276QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

from auction description:
    This is 2 JBL LE14A Signature Speaker 12" Woofers taken out of a pair of Vintage JBL Lancer 99, Type S99 Speakers. 8 ohm. Serial # 17791 & 16803. The Surrounds in both Speakers are Stiff with a just a little play. Both Speakers sound Very Good! As with all electronics - sold as is. You'll Love these Vintage JBL Speakers!!! Bidding starts at 10.00. Winner pays shipping (35.00 cont.US). Thanks!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-JBL-LE20-1-Signature-Tweeters-from-Lancer-99-Speakers_W0QQitemZ9720395621QQcategoryZ3276QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is 2 JBL LE20-1 Signature Tweeters taken out of a pair of Vintage JBL Lancer 99, Type S99 Speakers. They work and sound very good! Imp. 8 ohm. Actual Tweeter is 2". Full Diameter is 3 7/8". Serial # 40947 & 43057. I peeled off the black trim in front that surrounds the Tweeter - And, they will need to be reglued on to the front, by the winner. As with all electronics - sold as is. Great Vintage JBL Tweeters! You'll Love Them! Bidding starts at 10.00. Winner pays shipping (8.50 Cont.US). Thanks!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-JBL-LX4-1-Crossovers-from-Lancer-99-Speakers-WOW_W0QQitemZ9720395646QQcategoryZ3276QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is 2 JBL LX4-1 Crossovers taken out of a pair of Vintage JBL Lancer 99, Type S99 Speakers. Precision Divided Network System. High Frequency Level Control - Low/Medium/High. Comes complete with wiring. Serial # 8706 & 7926. They're both in good shape and work well. As with all electronics - sold as is. Great Vintage JBL Crossovers!! Bidding starts at 10.00. Winner pays shipping (8.50 Cont.US). Thanks!!
    glen

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell
    Hey Glen,
    Just to be clear, only the address on the cover of the c. 1948 catalog says Van Nuys. The labels on all of the drivers pictured in it say Venice. I was trying to say that this catalog had first been printed with the Venice address on the cover, and was reprinted when the company moved to Van Nuys, changing perhaps only the cover address.
    A light slowly dawns, in my head.
    glen

C32 with 050 system on ebay

I believe the seller has mis-identified this system.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-D33001-N-120...QQcmdZViewItem

A picture of the top of the enclosure shows five sides, which would indicate that this is the deeper C32. And the component system is the 050 which would make this a D32050B (B for Blond Finish) if it was a factory cabinet. The seller believes it may be home built because it has no Lansing insignia on the cabinet. I'm not sure when they started putting the big "L" decals on the cabinets, but the 175 has one so it might be odd that the cabinet doesn't.

This system has 5 and 6 digit date-code serial numbers on the cut-corners labels.
    Here are the system serial numbers, and dates (guesses based on theoretical date-code interpretation)
    D-130B serial number 205132 (May 1952 version 132)
    D-130B serial number 205132 (May 1952 version 132)
    175 serial number N21074 (October 1952 version 74)
    1217-2190* serial number 20381 (March 1952 version 81)
    (*pretty clear that this should be a 1217-1290 horn)
    N-1200 serial number M11355 BG*
    (*I believe the "M" is a typo intended to be the letter "N". "N" and "No" have been used as prefixes on the date code numbers before)

This crossover number is a little vexing, first there's the M for N typo.
    But then there's "BG" after the number.
    Steve Schell has mentioned that the dual woofer systems must have had the crossovers adjusted differently than crossovers for the single woofer systems. Maybe the "BG" is a designation for an N1200 balanced for dual woofers, posssibly only used when the crossover was sold separately. (the seller says this may be a home built system)
    Finally, though, there is the serial number's first three digits, which according to my current theory would be the thirteenth month of 1951 (1951 + 13).
    It might just barely be possible that in January of 1952 someone incremented up to 113 from 112 (the twelfth month of 1951) instead of to 201. It kinda gets there, but I'm more inclined to say "three strikes you're out" and give up on interpreting this crossover serial number for now.

From the auction description:
    Up for auction is a very rare JBL D33001 style cabinet in blonde. The cabinet may be an aftermarket, or homemade cab as it doesn’t have any JBL insignia on the actual cabinet. They are however extremely well built and the cabinet sounds great. The cabinet is loaded with all original stock JBL components. This JBL cabinet includes the JBL N-1200 X-Over, two JBL D130-B 32 ohm woofers in like new condition and a single "potato masher" D-175 horn and 1217-2190 horn lenses.
    This speaker was swept and tested. Both D130-B woofers swept great with no noises, rubbing, or other such unwanted noises. The single D-175 horn is open as it must have a bad diaphragm. When you try to ring the diaphragm out you get an open reading.
    All of the drivers are in excellent shape as can be seen in the photos. The blonde cabinet is in good shape and would need some work in order for it to be excellent. The cabinet has miscellaneous scratches, nicks, and dings on it. It also has some finish that is starting to scale on the top of the cabinet as well as a dark spot on the top of it.
    Don’t miss out on this terrific chance to own this JBL classic. This speaker would be great for the tube enthusiast and great for horn lovers. Capture a piece of American speaker history with these classic JBL speakers.
    glen

L200 parts on ebay

In separate auctions

LE15B woofers serial number 18605 and 18139
    LE85 drivers serial number 23255 and 23698
    H91 horns serial number 30559 and 30833
    L91 lenses serial number 38737 and 38152
    LX16 crossovers serial number 19069A and 19304A

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-L200-speaker...QQcmdZViewItem

JBL LE 15 B 15" woofers from L200 Studio Monitors
    serial numbers 18605, 18139
    Speakers are in perfect working order. One dented dustcap--not affecting sound.
    LE85 drivers, H91 horns, L91 lenses, Lx 16 dividing networks listed seperately.
    ALL COMPONENTS ARE ORIGINAL JBL AND FUNCTION PERFECTLY

JBL LE 85 drivers with H91 horns from L200 Studio Monitors
    serial numbers 23255, 23698, 30559, 30833
    Drivers are in perfect working order.
    LE15 woofers, L91 lenses, Lx 16 dividing networks listed seperately.

JBL L91 lenses from L200 Studio Monitors
    serial numbers 38737, 38152
    Lenses are in perfect working order.
    LE15 woofers, LE85 drivers, H91 horns, Lx 16 dividing networks listed seperately.

JBL LX16 crossovers/dividing networks from L200 Studio Monitors
    serial numbers 19069A, 19304A
    Crossovers/ Dividing networks are in perfect working order.
    LE 15B woofers, LE85 drivers, H91 horns, L91 lenses listed seperately.
    ALL COMPONENTS ARE ORIGINAL JBL AND ARE FUNCTIONING PERFECTLY
    glen

L100 serial numbers, dated original boxes

From elsewhere in the forum:

L100 (not "A", vertically aligned tweeter-mid-woofer)
    in original dated boxes
    L100 serial number 33717 was shipped from jbl may 11 1972
    L100 serial number 34352 was shipped from jbl may 22 1972

L100 (not "A", vertically aligned tweeter-mid-woofer)
    L100 serial number 36082 and 36090 claimed 1972 purchase
    glen

Thread Information