Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial Number registry?

HP, it is possible that one of my 150-4C's has the serial 22725.

i have an old jpg that shows the back of one of the drivers, but is rather hard to read so i am not 100% on that number. would that correspond to the circa 1958 375's?
    C40/N400/150-4C/375/2397/2405/D123 (rear) + D208 - LE8T

00Robin
    Oh. I never thought of Altecs serials wanted. I have the original sheets too. I don't know how to send them,but I'll make copies and send them,like real send them?? where? I'll look up my numbers too *grumble,grumble,that means unscrew the backs of the cabs AGAIN* it's for the 604's but the numbers on the sheets go from 405 a to 755c and there's like a million different depth inches things and MHD and BCD stuff whatever THAT is. It says at the bottem,Anaheim Ca,the Altec Symbol of the man and the price for the Loudspeaker installation and Wiring booklet is a whopping.....12 cents! Its got tons of info on Phasing,wall mounting and what have you,a buch of heiroglyphic looking diagrams....

Quote Originally Posted by Harkness View Post
    i have an old jpg that shows the back of one of the drivers, but is rather hard to read so i am not 100% on that number. would that correspond to the circa 1958 375's?
    Hi Harkness,

there we have a problem. If this number is right, this driver dates about later than 1960. This number is the latest for 150-4C in the registry.

(if you PM me your mail adress, I can send you the sheets of the registry)

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Altec Registry

Quote Originally Posted by 00Robin View Post
    Oh. I never thought of Altecs serials wanted. I have the original sheets too. I don't know how to send them,but I'll make copies and send them,like real send them?? where? ....
    Hi Robin,

a good point.....we are looking for a nice guy for doing the Altec Registry.
    I am not able to do this too. Will be nice if one of the Altec owners or fans can do this.
    Any ideas.....

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

00Robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    Hi Robin,

a good point.....we are looking for a nice guy for doing the Altec Registry.
    I am not able to do this too. Will be nice if one of the Altec owners or fans can do this.
    Any ideas.....

HP
    I remember the name Robin is always for boys/men in Germany. I believe so,my German friend told me there are no Robin girls. I'm a girl named Robin, in case you thought I was a man. No problem,I just didn't know if you knew. I don't even know if it matters.

00Robin
    OH! The Avatar is a scene from Farscape over a chess game when Crichton lost his move and he couldn't let the white queen fall to the black King and the gun? Sci-fi pulse pistol. It's hard to see,but it is a pivital moment on the living ship Moya when he lost his control over a woman and the chess game was a life and death situation,very complicated. He's trying as hard as he can not tolet the chess piece fall and his big hands are scrambling to stop it. His gun,Winona is laying on the board. They require no cleaning and they run 6-800 shots on a cartridge. Really cool.
    The show is a mind blower. 88 eps,four seasons of Henson Company at 35 million per ep. The most amazing CGI you'll ever see on a television show. It was cancelled in 2004. Its extremely fast and a very intelligent story and the growth of the characters,escaped prisoners all aliens except one American that was caught in the firestorm and taken in and docked in this ship the size of a skyscraper,Amazing story. The story is of Hope and beautifuly done. Alien sex,women alien sex,different aliens having sex,very adult,shocking,beautiful and very real,all about maintaing hope and survival.
    Sorry,not a real gun although I do have a concealed permit. I'm a Little Walther Fan myself. My Dad gave it to me.
    Last edited by 00Robin; 10-12-2007 at 07:15 PM. Reason: more

Didn't clock it as a Farscape scene, - we watched the show pretty regular ... the finale was a huge letdown, vaporized in the boat, tho the Peacekeeper Wars nearly made up for it ...

My partner Emma is a Little Walter fan - a fine blues harp player!

OH! The Avatar is a scene from Farscape over a chess game when Crichton lost his move and he couldn't let the white queen fall to the black King and the gun? Sci-fi pulse pistol. It's hard to see,but it is a pivital moment on the living ship Moya when he lost his control over a woman and the chess game was a life and death situation,very complicated. He's trying as hard as he can not to let the chess piece fall and his big hands are scrambling to stop it. His gun,Winona is laying on the board. They require no cleaning and they run 6-800 shots on a cartridge. Really cool.
    The show is a mind blower. 88 eps,four seasons of Henson Company at 35 million per ep. The most amazing CGI you'll ever see on a television show. It was cancelled in 2004. Its extremely fast and a very intelligent story and the growth of the characters, escaped prisoners all aliens except one American that was caught in the firestorm and taken in and docked in this ship the size of a skyscraper,Amazing story. The story is of Hope and beautifuly done. Alien sex,women alien sex,different aliens having sex,very adult,shocking,beautiful and very real,all about maintaining hope and survival.
    Sorry,not a real gun although I do have a concealed permit. I'm a Little Walther Fan myself. My Dad gave it to me.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Zilch over at AK told me I should register the serial numbers of my new JBL's over here to find out when they were made. This is my first post here, so hello. I am not new to vintage audio, just to JBL.

Anyway, i bought a pair of C36 with the 030 system. Cabinets have no numbers, but here are the rest:

075: 25901 and 25903
    D130: 48276 and 49196
    N2600: 9234, 9235

Below are 2 pictures.

no problem

..... I'm a girl named Robin, ....
    Hi Robin,

nice to meet you

HP

Quote Originally Posted by Aufwuchs View Post
    Zilch over at AK told me I should register the serial numbers of my new JBL's over here to find out when they were made. ...
    Hi Aufwuchs,

welcome to the forum,.....your name sounds a little german.....

the drivers you gave us for the registry are all from 1960

HP

Thanks for the information on the manufacture date of the drivers. Aufwuchs is a German term that is used in my field of study. I am half German but sadly have never been.

001 system parts from C-34

001 system parts from C-34 listed in separate auctions

130A serial number 404169
    (cutCorners label with date code serial number from April 1954)

175 serial number N-40574
    (cutCorners label with date code serial number from May 1954)

N-1200 serial number 404170
    (cutCorners label with date code serial number from April 1954)

1217-1290 serial number 308121
    (cutCorners label with date code serial number from August 1953)

woofer in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JIM-LANSING-VINT...QQcmdZViewItem

from auction description:
    Up for auction a rare but well-known quality piece from LANSING. In excellent condition. Just one incredible sounding speaker. Rated 16 ohms. 4" voice coil. It was removed from a C-34 enclosure along with 175DHL horn and D N-1200 network. I still have the C-34 enclosure is anyone is interested.
    see my listings for the LANSING HORN 175DHL and N-1200 X-OVER NETWORK.

driver and horn in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JIM-LANSING-KOUS...QQcmdZViewItem

Up for auction a rare but well-known quality piece from LANSING removed from a c-34 enclosure along with 130 15" speaker and D N-1200 network. I still have the C-34 enclosure is anyone is interested. The 175 DHL is in EXCELLENT CONDITION! Consists of a exponential horn, high frequency driver and diffusion lens. Just one incredible sounding speaker. Horn is marked model 1217-1290 and driver is marked M-175. 16 ohms.
    see my listings for the Lansing 15" speaker M-130 A and N-1200 x-over

crossover in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JIM-LANSING-N-12...QQcmdZViewItem

Up for auction a rare but well-known quality piece from LANSING. In excellent condition. It was removed from a C-34 enclosure along with 130 15" speaker and 175DHL high frequency horn. I still have the C-34 enclosure if anyone is interested in buying it. The N-1200 has a 3 position hi frequency attenuator. Cross-over at 1200 cps, 12 Db /octave attenuation. rated 16 OHMS
    See my listings for the LANSING HORN M-175 and LANSING SPEAKER 15" 130
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

My recently arrived 250Ti's

01932 slant left
    01949 slant right

Purchased from Original Owner. 01949 has a gold tag on the rear with the OO's name. He bought them while stationed in Germany so I would assume they were purchased through the BX (said he was AF.)

Which is considered left/right? Would one assume with the vertical sides mated?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Harkness View Post

i am now quite certain this number is NOT correct, so it would be best to strike it from your records. i'll have to wait until i get the chance to open my C40's to see what they really are.
    C40/N400/150-4C/375/2397/2405/D123 (rear) + D208 - LE8T

Thread Information