Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Serial Number registry?

JBL 4406, 4313B and 4430

Hi,
    if this topic is still active, may be someone can help me to get further information about my JBLs :
    - JBL 4406 : SN J1104-101080 and J1104-101081
    - JBL 4313B : SN 23177 and 23184
    - JBL 4430 : SN 281698 and 301021

Thanks
    There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. William Shakespeare

How to get JBL informations ?

I know that a database or a spreadsheet exists which contains all JBL informations. Does someone knows how to get it ?
    There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. William Shakespeare

Nobody knows about JBL informations ?

I correct what I already wrote : I know that a database or a spreadsheet exists which contains some JBL informations about their vintage products.

Does someone knows how to get it ?

New Member with SN#s

Hello All,

Mid Appalachian American here with what amounts to barn find L200s
    that seem matched at 4.0 ohms, woofers move and rebound freely
    under finger pressure. Cabs mitres are slightly open on corners, otherwise
    very fair condition with the surrounds Looking tannish, no grill covers, but
    the screens are completely intact.

Serial numbers: 17969 A & 17970 A

I haven't fired them yet, letting them acclimate
    to my home. They were in cardboard shipping boxes for
    ten years in an unconditioned machine shop along a mountain
    creek bottom. Original owner claims they were fine before he
    made the move with them and parked them.

It would be helpful and appreciated if someone could point me to
    a thread were I can post pics and seek advise on how to best
    check these out before I power them.

I am not an audio guy, (hence my plea) just a musically inclined
    person seeking to build out a vintage system that will allow my vinyl collection to
    impact my percussion and key playing children's souls to the degree it once did mine
    with a long gone PX bought Sansui system

Thanks,

Lewdog
    Last edited by Lewdog; 02-24-2019 at 12:11 PM. Reason: ETA

No one can help ?

D130F sn-5843 8-16ohm

Glad to own a piece of the heritage. Cant wait to get it reconed and hear the alnico smooth sparkle.

Help with dating my new (to me) C51 Apollos

Hi everyone. I’m new to the forum and just finished some restoration work on the cabinets and woofers (new foam surrounds) on a pair of C51 Apollo speakers. I tried to upload a picture of my setup but am not sure it worked. They are looking and sounding fantastic. The refoam helped immensely and far more than I expected. It was the perfect project for sheltering in place.

In any event, I’m curious about when these may have been manufactured. The serial numbers are 4906 and 4954. I think it’s the S6 configuration with the LE75 horn.

Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts on this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Glad to own a piece of the heritage. Cant wait to get it reconed and hear the alnico smooth sparkle.

C51 Apollo

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlingmd View Post
    Hi everyone. I’m new to the forum and just finished some restoration work on the cabinets and woofers (new foam surrounds) on a pair of C51 Apollo speakers. I tried to upload a picture of my setup but am not sure it worked. They are looking and sounding fantastic. The refoam helped immensely and far more than I expected. It was the perfect project for sheltering in place.

In any event, I’m curious about when these may have been manufactured. The serial numbers are 4906 and 4954. I think it’s the S6 configuration with the LE75 horn.

Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts on this.
    Hi Dazzlingmd,

we at this time have 21 pcs in the registry, but none of them with fabrication data.

yours seem to be some of the oldest with this SN .
    the lowest number we saved was 53071

sorry

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Thank you for your useful additions to the registry. IMO these components can be repurposed to greater sonic effect, as the N2600 runs the 075 much too low, causing sonic hell. I dismantled similar systems years ago with marine equipment suppliers in UAE , though in aftermarket cabinets. Your situation may be different, as you would probably get the most $$ selling these original systems intact.

Thank you for your useful additions to the registry. IMO these components can be repurposed to greater sonic effect, as the N2600 runs the 075 much too low, causing sonic hell. I dismantled similar systems years ago with marine equipment suppliers in UAE , though in aftermarket cabinets. Your situation may be different, as you would probably get the most $$ selling these original systems intact.

So who has the oldest now and most rare, for I have their fingerprints, along with in

D130F with number 10019, prototype #013, initialed by Mr G himself and all the rest in the gang, with a hand written date of 4/9/52 (prototypes, see all the goop everywhere Mr G perfected, but since this was a prototype, the goop is all over the place, with their finger prints still in the goop, and Initials all fancy and in places you would have to destroy this speaker if you wanted to forge them on it if you dared to try for there is no real gap between cage and cone, so 50's fancy letters all at the time between 46-57.

So who got the oldest with Serial Number 10019 and Prototype 013, and do take not of the Silver circular Symbol, and the placement of the 21057, with 013 under it, VERTICAL and tucked under the cage, not horizontal between the cage all out in the open on all the rest, so it has to make you wonder why goop all over it, not clean like a retailed speaker would of left the factory. Goop in places so think its still goopy. Stuck Initials all over the place, in places so they could not be altered or even done once completed. A date of 1952 hand Witten, so since it has the plate of F, and 10019, would then suggest, with 013 on it as well, and NOT in the NORMAL retail positions, or sloppy marks just slapped on it to get down the line, but care in trying to perfect this for Mr Fender, before the roll out in 57 for his new stack and sound, that changed world history!

So who has the oldest now and most rare, for I have their fingerprints, along with initials, and numbers in places no others have been stamped at before, that no one here seems to understand or care, for its not a tree fiddy ebay special?

And these in D130 and D130 are for serial placements, LACK of Initials, all FANCY showing mine may not be as old as a D130 with serial number 11xxx, but mine is D130F with Serial Number 10019, and the 3 digit extras of 013 (13th of at least 999), and written 4/9/52, meaning again, prototype

More below for examples...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  jbl other serial.jpg
Views: 1284
Size:  100.3 KB

Notice the placement of the 21057 stamp, lack of silver Circle Symbol, and 013 under the 21057, tucked under vertically under the cage and near the coil

Name:  other2.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  46.5 KB

Name:  other3.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  64.2 KB

1 run 7,310th off the line....of the "new improved D130 now the D130F for Mr. Fender the Man Himself" retail, clean no goop all over it, unlike mine of 10019, 013, and goop and fingerprints all over my mug :O
    Now, again, look at mine vs the below of others I have found and shown to compare.

Name:  marknnumb.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  89.7 KB

Check out them FINGERPRINTS in the Mr G's Goop!! Or the hole in the foreground that shows no paint been removed like a screw(s) been in the hole :O

Name:  fancyglue.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  41.8 KB

Thread Information