Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: jbl 2245 H

jbl 2245h

The name of the company is uncle spot speaker repair-vintage tube amp.adress is 1136 north.carpenter rd ,suite#3 Modesto, ca 95351. He said the company name which I forgot but I belive it starts with a- W . iF any one knows were to buy recone kit from a company that begins with a-w Now I have to spend about 70.00 for a round trip to his adress than to mine in woodbridge va. Which is about a half an hour ride from washington,dc. so he can put the right cone in this driver

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gene
    He said the company name which I forgot but I belive it starts with a - W
    Probably a Waldom recone kit - definitely not quite up to JBL specs...

John

Quote Originally Posted by gene
    The name of the company is uncle spot speaker repair-vintage tube amp.adress is 1136 north.carpenter rd ,suite#3 Modesto, ca 95351. He said the company name which I forgot but I belive it starts with a- W . iF any one knows were to buy recone kit from a company that begins with a-w Now I have to spend about 70.00 for a round trip to his adress than to mine in woodbridge va. Which is about a half an hour ride from washington,dc. so he can put the right cone in this driver
    If he represented it as all original JBL parts, you should get a refund. If you bought it "as is"...I'm afraid you don't have much recourse. I hope it works out for you.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

jbl 2245H

Thanks agin for all of info. edgewound gave me a jbl service center web site. they have a bunch in va and md. I will take it to one of the service center in my area and have it recone.

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    Probably a Waldom recone kit - definitely not quite up to JBL specs...

John
    Yup, Waldom is the name, and they are cheaper, and so is the sound you get from them.
    scottyj

jbl 2245H

By the way Johnaec ......Waldom is the name of the company he toid me he order the recone kit from Thanks.

For what it's worth I have talked to a few guys that have used the after market 2245 kits and they have claimed that they sounded just as good, In fact didn't someone do some testing on a aftermarket recone and state that the specs were correct???

By the way for a JBL recone kit you are looking at $200 plus

slxrti
    Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    Yup, Waldom is the name, and they are cheaper, and so is the sound you get from them.
    I had a pair of 2235 with after market kit's, they sounded better than the original 2235 cones. I tested them in a 8 cubic foot box. There was less boom and were very smooth.

slxrti

WYSIWYG JBL-2245H

Violie: Clearly Foam surround
    LE15-Thumper
    "Give me JBL, or give me death"

Are mine original ?

I've just bought two 2245H used

The original owner say they has been reconed few years ago by an authorized JBL dealer.
    I can't say if they are original or not. Any suggestion ?
    here are some pics

first picture is a particular of the cones. There is a small color difference. Both have foam surround
    second picture is a details of the back. The color difference is real. The darker one have SN N. 32605, while the other is 15215. Is it possible that this difference in the basket color is due to a different age ?
    third picture is a detail of what has been written on the cone (backside). Both speaker have the same
    finally last picture is a label that only one of the 2245 have

Is it normal to find speakers with these differences ? Are these original recone kits ?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by mvaldes
    I've just bought two 2245H used

The original owner say they has been reconed few years ago by an authorized JBL dealer.
    I can't say if they are original or not. Any suggestion ?
    here are some pics

first picture is a particular of the cones. There is a small color difference. Both have foam surround
    second picture is a details of the back. The color difference is real. The darker one have SN N. 32605, while the other is 15215. Is it possible that this difference in the basket color is due to a different age ?
    third picture is a detail of what has been written on the cone (backside). Both speaker have the same
    finally last picture is a label that only one of the 2245 have

Is it normal to find speakers with these differences ? Are these original recone kits ?
    Yes...It looks like yours are genuine JBL. Aquaplas on back of cone, and the writing from the production line. The older 2245's are grey, newer are black.

The sticker on the grey one is with the "J" number is a production code....is fairly current.

That is the first time I have seen a grey 2245, that's got to be rare??? I have a pair of 2202H mid drivers in grey but no big deal as I have seen that a lot over the years.

jbl 2245H

This lansing heritage web site has a bunch of awesome guys.......If you dont know something about jbl, ask and you shall find your answer on this awesome web site. thanks Gene Minniefield

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    That is the first time I have seen a grey 2245, that's got to be rare???
    The one I sold a few months ago was gray. The cone also had white aquaplas on the back, (it was an older recone kit).

John

2245H recone kit

FYI....here's a JBL 2245H recone kit. All JBL recone kits come in this stage of pre-assembly....and all service center units come in their own box. This is to give you some info when shopping for a recone so you know how the parts are furnished from the factory. The only unassembled parts JBL will sell separate from a recone kit is the dust cap and the trim gasket (either rubber or composite latex/cork). Notice the writing on the back of the cone...it's the model number for the driver... in this case 2245H and the initials of the QC person on the assembly line. Genuine JBL recone kits are not available as separate voice coil, spider and cone. I hope this caveat helps you to make an informed choice as whether or not you opt for factory or aftermarket parts and assembly.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thread Information