Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pioneer sx1980

pioneer sx1980

There was a listing on ebay for this Pioneer SX1250 and emailed the guy for a bin price because he said free shipping with bin but stated no amount for bin. I have since gone back to look for listing and it's gone. Below is the response I got from my emails. I'm sure it's a scam. How can they get away with this? His page looked legit and he had 100% feedback.Please advise!

HI
    First I want to tell you that my pioneer sx1980 are brand new, unopened box
    all accessories included and also an international warranty .
    My price is the best you could get: 700USD(not euro), including the
    shipping and insurance taxes. We will pay them because the package
    will be delivered from Europe.
    As delivery service we use UPS2days air service or overnight (with insurance and
    15 days return policy), because it's the faster. And if you will have
    a quick payment, we must also have a quick delivery. So that's why we
    use as a payment method Western Union money transfer, the fastest and
    also very secure way of sending money. I just open a electronics company here in europe
    If i will make with you a good deal,you will recommend me ,maybe ,to your friends or to other persons.For me it is very important to have permanent deals on ebay,
    any negatice deal will not make good to me,That explain the price
    So, if you agree with my terms I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.
    Waiting your quick answer right now,
    THANK YOU

jims
    Yeah, lots of unethical stuff going on out there. Why just last week I had my bid on a pair of 120TI's cancelled only to find out later someone cut a deal with the seller off-line. Oh, wait a minute, that was you, wasn't it?

Yes, that is the common fraudulent listing tactic of late. eBay likely ended the listing, and you can see their warning notice on the page you get instead.

The scammers are using hijacked accounts.

"Hijacked" is not the correct term, actually. Many sellers (millions?) gave up their passwords responding to phish emails.

It's a "multi-level" con....

pelly3s
    hmmmm yeah that just doesnt seem cool at all. it would be nice to have an sx 1980 though.

now if people would only read when they sign up for ebay that ebay will never ask for their password then there wouldnt be so many damn problems now would there

you are out of order

Quote Originally Posted by jims
    Yeah, lots of unethical stuff going on out there. Why just last week I had my bid on a pair of 120TI's cancelled only to find out later someone cut a deal with the seller off-line. Oh, wait a minute, that was you, wasn't it?
    You are out of order jim's, where do you get off comparing me to that scam artist, my only mistake was sharing with this forum what so many people do anyway, and I said to keep the peace I would refrain from doing that again, because contrary to what you say I never really thought of it in the ways that was brought to me on this forum. I will also say that I offered him a price when there were no bids on it, and he forgot to kill the ad, so at the time I paid the money you did not have a bid on it. So I would appreciate from everyone that I don't need to be told about this again. If you are so damned worried about these 120ti's you can have them, pay me what I paid and I'll send them to you. I might also mention that when he did kill the ad there was only 2 bids on them, and yet I've had 3 people tell me they bid on them,how is that possible? Sounds like someone is lie-ing. Is it you???
    Last edited by kingjames; 01-11-2006 at 10:12 PM. Reason: needed to add something

pelly3s
    Now no fighting. I'll go out and admit I've made a couple of buys off ebay before any bids were placed. its not anyones fault other than the sellers on that whole thing. now lets all have a drink and listen to a nice pair of JBL's

It seems to me if if a buyer can get a seller to stop an auction and sell to him/her....well more power to the buyer! It is the seller that is unethical. The buyer (if unaware of his fellow board members bidding on something) does not come off in my eyes as unethical. It is always the seller who should protect the integrity of his auction. I have bid on some auctions only to find my bid was cancelled. It sucks it hurts, but I blame the seller not the buyer. To me as a buyer it's dog eat dog unless of course the imformation that lead him to the auction came from a buddy who is bidding on it. That being said I love the way human nature is showing itself in the form of cabin fever here on the boards on several threads. I propose that we have a "Cat Fight Thread".

Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s
    hmmmm yeah that just doesnt seem cool at all. it would be nice to have an sx 1980 though.
    What do you want with that "old crap"?

Rolf

Thanks Audiobeer

To-che! If I knew of another member was bidding on this item I would have never done what I did. When I buy something on ebay I always pay instantly. The 120ti's were already paid for before there were any bids. With that said I consider this matter closed.

Marnie
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjames
    I might also mention that when he did kill the ad there was only 2 bids on them, and yet I've had 3 people tell me they bid on them,how is that possible? Sounds like someone is lie-ing.
    It's possible because there were 4 bidders.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5851042086

eBay prohibits offers to buy OR sell outside eBay. Both parties violate eBay rules doing so:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ebay-sale.html

jims
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjames
    You are out of order jim's, where do you get off comparing me to that scam artist, my only mistake was sharing with this forum what so many people do anyway, and I said to keep the peace I would refrain from doing that again, because contrary to what you say I never really thought of it in the ways that was brought to me on this forum. I will also say that I offered him a price when there were no bids on it, and he forgot to kill the ad, so at the time I paid the money you did not have a bid on it. So I would appreciate from everyone that I don't need to be told about this again. If you are so damned worried about these 120ti's you can have them, pay me what I paid and I'll send them to you. I might also mention that when he did kill the ad there was only 2 bids on them, and yet I've had 3 people tell me they bid on them,how is that possible? Sounds like someone is lie-ing. Is it you???
    No lie. I was the third bidder (opussiam----I used my wife's account ). Certianly the seller is the bigger issue here but Zilch makes my point. No, I didn't intend to compare you with the scam artist but I did see a small irony in your post.
    Subject closed, as far as I'm concerned.

pelly3s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf
    What do you want with that "old crap"?

Rolf
    eh i was figuring getting a couple sx-1980's and using them as bases for my 4430's lol so if anyone has them just throw them out in my front yard i'll dispose of them for you. they are such low power they are useless....... ok ok ok i cant go on with that anymore. that is one of my dream peices that i am looking to own before the end of this year

Point taken.

I was going to write a whole paragraph here but decided to leave this alone, Jim's, I must admit that your irony was on the money and I did have a chuckle with it. I do understand the fair play rules here as explained and will not conduct myself in that manner again. He'll, now I know what criminal's feel like. WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s
    that is one of my dream peices that i am looking to own before the end of this year
    I hope your wish come true. Here in Norway I have not seen any of these for years.

Rolf

Thread Information