Hi guys,

I have a pair of altec 420 biflex that are in Santana cabinets. I have a guy that has been asking if I want to sell them. I told him that I would but was unsure of their value but would get back to him. The driver has not impressed me much so I figured that I would let them go.

Now Im reading here that the 420 could be reconed as a 416 or similar so Im having second thought about selling them.

Has any one here done this, also what do think the cost to recone them would be?

By the way, I posted some time ago now regarding "Altec mini Iconic" My plan at that time was to turn those cabinets into subwoofers. I got mucho help from many of you as to how to go about doing it. THank-you!

After going back and forth with different ideas, I decided to hell with it and dropped in a pair of ElectroVoice SP15b's. Im driving them with a Sherwood tube integrated as a second system and they are sounding great. Im now going to incorporate those subwoofer ideas using the Santana cab's.

At the rate Im going I should have my subwoofer project completed in the summer of 2008

RC