Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL L 90

Aeneas
    Paragon, that's just great! Thanks a lot!

I've been looking for a quite a while now for info on my JBL L80's but it's really hard to find.
    I bought them second hand and enjoy them for a few months now together with one of the most powerfull NAD integrated amps (the 319). The sound is superb. I'm still seeking for the best interlinks between the cd-player and amp, though the Audioquest I have for lone are really good.
    I'll stop talking....

Regards,
    Aeneas (another happy JBL owner)

Does anyone have any interest in a pair of the L100 towers?

I picked up a pair and truly have no use for them, just couldn't let the old owners allow them to go to waste.

You really need to post this in the Lansing Marketplace section, after you have updated your profile to show your location. It's free. Pictures would be good too.

MastaOlli

LE120H Woofer from TI5000 / L90

Hello, I looks for the TSP of the JBL woofer LE120H ! from the JBL TI 5000/L 90!

Quote Originally Posted by me
    - Remember , this ( L90 ) is designed as a "smallish box" , book-shelf type speaker .
    - To find what this le120h-1 is fully capable of in the VLF department , one would need to explore other box/tuning options.
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaOlli
    Hello, I looks for the TSP of the JBL woofer LE120H ! from the JBL TI 5000/L 90!

- Giskard has previously mentioned ( that ) for tuning purposes , ( just ) treat this woofer like ( it is ) an evolved 128H.
    - TS Parameters for the Le120H have never been published .

- Giskard is the best authority on this subject ( he has unprecedented access to information for a lot of JBLs' weird & wonderfully obscure parts ) .

- He mentioned in the past that ( with the absence of published TS Parameters for this woofer ) the best thing to do would be to use the parameters from the 128H ( or 128h-1 ).

- Unless he updates that opinion , I'd follow his older advice ( others have, with good success / ie; read John Ws' L7 makeover ) .

- You could also invest the "sweat-equity" and learn to measure a woofers' Thiele Small Parameters for yourself ( granted , a bit of a "hit & miss" venture ) .

<> Earl K

ps; JBLs' current Thiele-Small Parameters in pdf form .

L90 on ebay.de right now, with a 650€ BIN :
    http://cgi.ebay.de/High-End-Studio-M...QQcmdZViewItem

Hi All,

I just bought a pair of L90 speakers in excellent condition from a local used shop. I found this forum when I was trying to find information about the L90s and I have a couple of questions.

According to the magazine article that paragon posted (previously, in this thread) the L90 speakers had an MSRP of 5000 marks. If my research is correct regarding early 1990s valuations of Marks vs Dollars, these sold for over $3000 in early 1990 US Dollars... is this correct? If so, I got the deal of a lifetime What was the actual street price of these in early 1990s Europe?

Also, were these ever sold by JBL in North America?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by toobwacky View Post
    Hi All,

I just bought a pair of L90 speakers in excellent condition from a local used shop. I found this forum when I was trying to find information about the L90s and I have a couple of questions.

According to the magazine article that paragon posted (previously, in this thread) the L90 speakers had an MSRP of 5000 marks. If my research is correct regarding early 1990s valuations of Marks vs Dollars, these sold for over $3000 in early 1990 US Dollars... is this correct? If so, I got the deal of a lifetime What was the actual street price of these in early 1990s Europe?

Also, were these ever sold by JBL in North America?

Thanks!
    JBL has a HUGE amount of legacy speakers they made over the years ...
    the question I'd ask you is - do you like how they sound ...?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    ...the question I'd ask you is - do you like how they sound ...?
    I don’t like the way the L90s sound... I LOVE the way they sound!

It’s obvious they faithfully transmit whatever signal is fed them. Imaging is rock solid. There is no dynamic compression or frequency coloration, even at loud levels. In my room, there isn’t any bass below 40hz, but when the rest of the spectrum is so spectacularly recreated, who cares?

The used shop I bought them at thought they originally sold for $900 a pair. Anyone know if this is correct or not?

Quote Originally Posted by toobwacky View Post
    I just bought a pair of L90 speakers in excellent condition from a local used shop.

Seriously! We wanna see 'em!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post

Seriously! We wanna see 'em!
    Okay... Here they are:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Nice Bass ported at the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by midlife View Post
    Nice Bass ported at the rear?
    Yes, there's a huge vent on the rear along with bi-wire / bi-amp binding posts.

- Beautiful ! That's one classy looking 3-way .

- The closest I can come is that I now own a pair of le120h woofers ( sadly, just sitting in a cardboard box on a shelf ).

Quote Originally Posted by toobwacky
    The used shop I bought them at thought they originally sold for $900 a pair. Anyone know if this is correct or not?
    - The price mentioned is way low .
    - I believe that shop is confusing it with some other older "L" model / the scuttlebutt is (was) that this series was never available in North America ( or maybe it was just the USA ) . ie; It was Europe only .

>< cheers

BTW, the L90 was designed for horizontal orientation. I have them set up vertically because of space constraints.

Also, they come in mirror imaged pairs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information