Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L300???

Hey where was Henry located when you were dealing with him?

As far as JBL dealers go in Winnipeg there is none that I could recommend,and forget about service as well.

Dufferin ave near Powers but there was another place earlier closer to downtown,maybe Main St?Tell me about it.If you asked ten guys the same question you got eleven different answers.Some showed a little interest if they smelled some cash though.Building a custom system with no real reference support was a nightmare and long distance wasnt cheap like now.And who can say what the guy on the other end knew or didnt know?If memory serves and it usually dont Banquox spent some time on Main between William and Bannatyne where the road curves.There used to be an all nite pool room there that burned.But I could be wrong .....

Hi Jim they were on the west side of main just north of the royal bank which is a parking lot right now. It was Athlete's wear before they relocated behind the concert hall. That was mid 70's and by the 80,s he was on Dufferen till mid 90's

Hey remusr; I liked some of your ideas particularly the 375 horn replacing the le 85 in a 4343 set up in a custom cab with a 3 way electronic x over and a passive for the tweeter.Another idea was a similar thing with something like a 4350 but how many of those exist I have no idea.How practical is this in terms of availability,spare parts, price etc?Cab volume, weight is not a big issue and Im thinkin of a vertical array some 20" wide x 28"-30"deepx 4' -5 ' with the horn and tweeter on top in some kind of mount.As long as they can be dollied and get thru a regular door its all good.The shopping list would be something like 2 or 4 2235h 2 375's 2 077's and the mids.Whatta ya think or am I dreaming?

I know nothing about xovers so I would have to go with an existing complement of speakers and from what I hear the 4345 setup (18" 2245H bass) sounds pretty ultimate if you can get the components. Otherwise I'd go for the Goldsound kits - they supply NEW drivers & xovers and you build the cabs per their specs. Or develop xover skill or a support group! What about the later 2344/2404 biradials for mid/highs rather than the 2420/375 mid that you can't get the original aluminum diaphragms for? I know...the 375 is one impressive piece cw the buttcheek look.

An 18" bass would be awesome - I heard LedZeppelin in Edmonchuk back in 1967 or so and they had Marshall 18" bass units that I still remember - always wanted to recreate that grumbling background bass guitar sound in Whole Lotta Love!
    FWIW - I've heard secondhand opinions that 4350 or 4425-type multiple woofers sound muddy. As well as requiring huge and wide cabs.

Thread Information