Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4435 vs Ti 250

Ron K
    4435 Bass is more coherent if it can be done without a sub. Ron

leif
    Anyone know what the price of the 4435 is on the secon hand market?
    And how much can I expect to get for my good old B460?

Pricing a used 4435

Hi Leif

Really I think it's impossible to afix a price for used 4435s for your area. Here in North America ( with our wide open spaces & huge distance between urban centers ) generally the shopper is a lot less willing to pay for the transport of heavy objects ( like speaker boxes ). As such - generally, most large speakers sell for just the relative value of their components.
    But, I don't think what I just articulated holds true for Euro sales ( & maybe especially Norway/Sweden ) . Another poster here has mentioned some fabulous sounding hifi stores that seem to be stocked with all the things we never see here in our stores.
    So in my opinion the set, roughly values out at $125. to 150.00 US per component including the crossovers. A horn is a separate component . That's 10 components ( maybe 12 if the enclosures get included ) - my North American pricing vernacular.

A B460 is a piece of sculpted wood working art - and should be priced as such - so the price should be - whatever the market will bear at the time of sale . That's a real cop-out on my part but I'll stand by it.
    Try for 600 to 1000. dollars .

I do hope some of this helps < .Earl K

leif
    Thanks a lot Earl.
    Like you said, the B460 is a piece of wood art. And I love it so dearly that I told my wife to berry me in the box , if I should ever die :-) So I really really don`t want to sell it. But I may have to to raise money for new speakers.
    One thing Canada and Norway has in common, is huge distances. I have to travel for about 12 hours (one way) to see these speakers....
    But I guess I will not regret if I do so.

4435 460 ect

If I were you id keep that 460 sub. look to pay around 1500 for the 4435. Those L250Ti are no slouches either. the 250 Ti Was reviewed by stereophile They didnt love it but its in the audiophile class. With that 460 the 250Ti is a NICE SET UP. I dought you really need the 4435 if you have the 460 with the 250 ti.( I sold mine and went with Von Scheikert Vr-4's 20hz is now mine )
    Von Schweikert VR-8
    Canary Ref. 1 300B monoblocks. 300Bx16

Alex Lancaster

Wink

Leif:

If You want "kick" and "punch" try this:

Make or get a couple of: 4560 enclosures, E145's, 2425/6's with 2307´s, 4 total 2402's, keep the B460, all these will do that and get rid of nuisances like Wife, neighbors and cockroaches; Be friendly to cops, invite them for a drink (or more, as needed) of Hi Octane Acquavit.

Alex.

leif

LOL, that was a good one. I wish it was possible.

Hi LIEF

I 'm listening to Rock music and Pop too(Even Jazz sometimes),so I highly recommend you 4435.I listen to 4430 and TI250 more than ten years ago in a show and remember me that I found 4430 were made to rock music and 250TI for classical.4430 were punchy, the bass appears "very fast" or could I say more dynamic even if I found the upper range a little harsh and shorter than the 250TI.These ones(250TI) had a "fully "sound that seems "larger","wider", in a word:ample than the 4430.

For the price:In good shape ,I saw a pair for 3400€ last year here in France. Good luck

JonFairhurst
    I vote for the 4435 as well - if you have room for them.

----------------------------------------------------
    http://www.fairhurst.com/jon/speakers/

dennis j leisz

4343 vs Ti 250

This topic prompted me to perform some side by side comparisons within my JBL stable in a newly constructed home Audio/ Video room. I invited a few friends over to help move speakers around and participate in the listening tests. We set up the Ti 250s' , 4343s' and a pair of 4344 clones which I designed and built with the help of a furniture maker. ( the only way I could get them into my living room and past my wife). The Ti250s' presently act as the fronts in my home theater with L150a's' in the rear. After listening at length to a wide variety of music our conclusions were all similar. The Ti250s' are a nice speaker with wide bandwidth and clarity, sounding more like an above average audiophile speaker. The 4ways,4343, with the horn mid and hi frequency have an SPL impact which the Ti250 cannot and was not designed to duplicate. So if SPL and impact are what your after the big monitors can't be beat. The Ti 250s' will remain in their current spot until my winter project gets done, a 4 way with a 2245 and a supporting cast, more to follow on a new thread.

Obsolete
    "The Ti250s' are a nice speaker with wide bandwidth and clarity, sounding more like an above average audiophile speaker. The 4ways,4343, with the horn mid and hi frequency have an SPL impact which the Ti250 cannot and was not designed to duplicate. So if SPL and impact are what your after the big monitors can't be beat."

Basically the same conclusion several friends, coworkers, and I came to in similar A/B tests

Which system would you prefer to listen to for extended periods?

Do you have any pictures of your 4344 clones?

dennis j leisz

4435 vs Ti250

Hi Giskard, One of my good friends who participated at our listening is a recording engineer at Paisley Park Studios here in the western suburbs of Minneapolis. The monitors in their recording studios are big Westlakes with TAD drivers. He had never heard the Ti 250s' and as a matter of fact did not know they existed. He was most impressed with the evenness , clarity and balance. The reason why I keep them in my system is because they maintain many of JBLs' core competencies, SPLs' and bandwidth but without fatigue. Your question is a good one. For long periods of listening definetly the Ti250. To impress your pals listening to the new Led Zep DVD then the 4344. I will post some photos of the clones soon. Regards, Dennis

Obsolete
    Thanks Dennis

That's exactly the conclusion I've come to as well.

Thread Information