Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuforce amplifier any experience

Nuforce amplifier any experience

Hello

Does anyone have any experience on Nuforce amplifier

it's a quiet new technology ....

http://nuforce.com/news.htm

Gerard .

The web page set off my BS detector immediately.
    If you have an open mind and open ears, prepare to be exhilarated.
    What you will hear.
    Your first and immediate impression will be a striking sense of purity and effortlessness.
    You will instantly hear the absence of subtle distortions that are inherent in conventional amplifiers.
    These distortions have been part of everyone’s listening experience for so long that we often fail to recognize them for what they are, or where they are coming from. Their presence is why so many people find it necessary to “tune” their system through the careful selection of components that lessen the subtle irritations.
    In everyday life, low-level background noise is often noticed only when it stops, followed by a sense of relief. You will feel a similar and immediate sense of relief with Nuforce amps.
    Sounds will simply be in the room, free from any mechanical emphasis. You will relax into the music, physically and emotionally. The leading edges of notes will have clarity and definition, with a startling absence of grit or artificial brightness. The soundstage will be wide, deep and open, without the “crowding” that typically happens when music becomes complex. You will not only hear precisely where the performers are on the soundstage. You will also hear and sense the spaces around them.
    The midrange will be pristine and intensely present, equal to the best tube amplifiers, but with bass control they cannot equal. The size of the musical event will be realistic, and the rhythm and drive will be propulsive.
    But above all, you will respond to a sense of naturalness and ease that allows you to feel the music, not simply hear it.
    It’s as if a fine haze has been removed between you and the performance. As if your music has been set free.
    Because it has.

Alan Fletcher
    BS Indeed-- Please! spare me!!

I have never before seen such an elaborate collection of "audiophile" cliches in one writing.

Just stop it! Stop it, already!

Total bullshit. Amen.

-A

Quote Originally Posted by Don C
    The web page set off my BS detector immediately.
    [/size]
    [/left]

Hello
    I have to go with Don on the Nuforce amps.
    After spending a couple of minutes on their website and looking
    at the pictures of the insides of their amps it look like they are
    using generic OEM'ed power supplies and amp moduals designed and
    built who knows where that are just placed into a pretty aluminum
    box!
    If I had been them I would have left the covers on for the pictures.

Just my thoughts
    Mike Caldwell

Ok

I do not know those amps but most important is how they sound and not what the web shows , I believe it is also interesting to see what's going on with new technology as Icepower or Nuforce .
    At the end what we want is our Jbl system sounds the best we can .

Have you seen this page :
    http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=15365

Regards

Gerard

This one too :

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue22/nuforce9.htm

Push these little guys to full power and you'll not hear a trace of hardness or brittleness, and not so much as a hint of compression or strain. My $16,000 Pass X 600s nearly drove me out of the room at high levels with the Avalons. The 9s intrigue while they pull you into the performance. They perform like $6000+ solid-state amps, and better than most of them. If you like your music powerful, neutral, slippery smooth, and super detailed, the 9s are your ticket. If you're looking for sweetness and love, warmth and liquidity, they're not for you

Gerard

I looks to me as though they may have had a shill on the HT forum plugging their amps. I've read all of that, I still don't believe that the switching frequency of the amp power supply should have audible effects on the sound of the amp. But I'm always skeptical of tweako nonsense. Either the power supply is well designed and of adequate capacity for the needs of the amp, or it's not. If you have a situation where the size and weight of the amp is important, they do have a good story there.

And look Here :

http://forum.stereophile.com/forum/s...r=290&Main=290

what they says

"They have replaced my much loved Naim NAP250. The reviews are quite accurate and I have nothing but praise for these wonderful monoblocks. I have also had the opportunity to compare them with $16,000 (a pair) Carey valve monoblocks and they easily hold their own in this exalted company. The owner of the Carey's has also put in an order for the NuForce amps. They really are that good. "

Are all those review and forum fakes ?

Gerard

People will believe what they want to believe.

Hmm

Does make one a little currious. Interesting how two experienced audio buffs could have such opposite views on an amp. Slight differences and opinions I can understand...but these go from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I will keep my eyes open for these and have a listen.

Always interesting to read about new things.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky
    Does make one a little currious. Interesting how two experienced audio buffs could have such opposite views on an amp. Slight differences and opinions I can understand...but these go from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I will keep my eyes open for these and have a listen.

Always interesting to read about new things.

Ken
    To be clear, I am not trying to comment about the sound of their amp, which I have not heard. I was just commenting about the contents of the web page and one message board post, which seem to be filled with pseudoscientific marketing drivel. The amplifiers probably sound just as good as many others. I should bow out now before this turns into one of those subjectivity/objectivity arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C
    To be clear, I am not trying to comment about the sound of their amp, which I have not heard. I was just commenting about the contents of the web page and one message board post which seem to be filled with pseudoscientific marketing drivel. The amplifiers probably sound just as good as many others. I'm should bow out now before this turns into one of those subjectivity/objectivity arguments.
    Don, I understand and would agree. It never ceases to amaze me how colorfull the language can get on these descriptions. FYI, no argument here...

Ken

Does someone has the possibility to hear those Nuforce amps .
    I would like to have to comments from Jbl users and I am way too far to have a test .

Gerard

Nuforce in Australia

Or may some gyus from Australia can test the Nuforce :

see :

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/v...ic.php?t=17913

NuForce at CES

I just returned from CES and saw and heard the NuForce amps. They are quite impressive. You'll see more about these in the press. The Absolute Sound gave rave reviews to the Reference 9. The amplifier landscape is evolving. There will still be the purists who stick with what they know... but when a $1600 amp can compete with units that cost ten times as much, it's worth a look. Also takes up a fraction of rack space and electricity. Makes sense to me.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Thread Information