Thread: I propose a video tour of & for members

I propose a video tour of & for members

Why doesn't somebody here who has the time and resources, set out and do a video tour of all the most interesting LH members - especially those in the speaker/stereo business (store or shop) OR those most knowledgeable/best known posters here. Also could include touring JBL, Altec facilities, etc.

Make a complete video record of the whole thing and furnish copies to all at a modest (or maybe not so modest!) price.

Alternately, members could all make and contribute video info on themselves , others in their area, or facilities near them, and send them all in somewhere to be edited and combined and then copies could be furnished (at cost or ?) to all. Short of having a central meeting (see P.S.) somewheres, it would help us all to get to know who we all are/what we all do.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

P.S. I'm just thinking this instead of the grand meeting/convention we all TALK about having but never do (heck, if I had a central place/facility, I'd enjoy inviting all to an annual meeting).

Maron Horonzakz
    Baaaahhhh Humbug your all to ugly.

We may be ugly, but our JBL's aren't!

[Well, MOSTLY not, anyway.... ]

paragon

Video ?

My JBL `s are ugly, but I´m not !
    Is a bad Photocamera-video enough or must it be a super highres video?
    So könnt Ihr nicht das meiste erkennen! HiHiHi !

factory tour video

How about members recording video tours of JBL or Westlake factory? Recording studios?
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

My company had the contract to design & install the AV and control system for the Olsen twins' apartment in NYC, unfortunately they are now selling the apartment, so no Synthesis system for them, and sadly no video tour for you all.

*sniff*

Next time.

je

Hey guys. I'm 110% serious about this!

Poll added.

Don't understand why there isn't more interest in this - maybe I can explain a little better?

Anybody can send in a video and they will be selected and compiled into a master DVD - copies made available to all at minimal cost.

Alternate idea - post results so they're accessible on-line (streaming video?).
    40+ years of sacrifice...and for what???

I actually thought this was a good idea, sorry if I seemed dismissive. I'd be interested in viewing other member's systems, not sure that anyone would be interested in my house, but some of my customer's houses make for nice tours...

je

Perhaps some want to maintain the illusion that the internet so faithfully creates.

Meeting members in reality is kind of weird at first...in many cases they are just like you...damn boring experience!

I recall when I met Bo, for the most part we didn't do much talking..mostly listening to his 4345's but we sure had few great laugh's (very dry sense of humour ..that Rock man has...got a thing about waving Giskard signs at airports) about our journey and some of the more interesting characters that hang out on the forums...no names

By the way its not that difficult to shoot 4-5 minutes on a digital camera in movie mode and email or burn it to disk.

This would be useful for technical procedures like diaphragm replacement.

Then there's always the dolly finger..you guys go a phone system that works?

damn boring...

Quote Originally Posted by sonofagun
    Don't understand why there isn't more interest in this -
    I don't think my home setup is video-worthy:
    4312's and L88s in the living room, some L19s in a back bedroom.

My garage has more interesting content, but not much visual appeal: drivers in boxes, jumble of horns on shelves, and some big, old speakers waiting for refurbishing and a room big enough for them to play in.

I am interested in getting a glimpse of other member's super-systems, factory tours, recording studios and high end installations though.
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Thread Information