Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: condense/organize large threads into articles?

OMG!

The bad "end of the year mood" or what?

THIS IS THE BEST FORUM OF THE WWW!

Come on, find better one and post the link right here:
    .................................................. ............

I have not issues with what you lot decided on as long as it benefits the majority.

The irony is that everyman and his dog wants to chew the fat off a "Quality thread" and squeeze the jiucy bits into a nice ordered package and yet elsewhere we have python length threads with some useful but buried data that even the hierarchy can't get there heads around.

I am pleased with the initiative taken here.

On money, it is a problem and on other forums interlectual property is taken seriously. I would prefer to see a modest annual membership fee for regular members and for restorers (with an intent to profit from the information). The funds could be used for maintainence of the site and improvement.

I don't propose to post this in the forums issues for only it to be pounded to death with spammers who have no interest here.

I am going on holidays for a bit..enjoy.

Ian

norealtalent
    I would be very happy to have compensation required for "membership privelages." I hate fees!

Have a nice holiday Ian, we'll burn, I mean, hold the fort while you're gone.

Incidentally,

Something most of you propably have skipped over, the inception of the 4343-4344 thread was of Porschedman, (Ed) who asked me over 12 month ago to build some new crossovers for his 4343's that he had updated to 4344 driver specs.

Ed has yet to install the new crossovers and write an detailed review which I would expect sometime in Feb -April 2006 pending Ed's schedule.

The reason I bring this up is the "project" is still in a state of flux and if with the arrival of the now new "DIY Forum everything gets chopped up and the whole continuity of the project will be lost.

I should also point out that prior to publication of the 4343 -4344 upgrade project there was such contentious resistance to the idea by Super Moderator Robert Hamel that the project was nearly dropped.

Robert, fearing members might not hear the difference would therefore have post-project concerns over there being a lack of value for money for the effort and the outlay involved. This reaction served and prompted me into investigating and proving the updates even more rigorously.

What eventuated was quite revealing.

My approach is simple. Take nothing for granted and assume nothing when it comes to this business..

Old ears and attitudes are deaf ears in this business.

But if you are the cautious type you may want to wait for Ed's reviews and then make up your own mind.

Collectively however, if you follow and read carefully all the steps in the 4343 upgrade stages common sense prevails and there is justification and satisfaction to behold by every 4343 owner. Even the most passive changes like enclosure height adjustments and positioning can be the difference b/ n love and hate with these systems.

Change is often good and refreshes our sensory perceptions. Even Ed was surprised after some hounding by me at the overall improvement reverting back to full 4343 passive crossover mode made with his Passlabs X Series 250 power amplifier over using the Ashly active crossover in bi amp mode. The point being if the expertise and reasoning behind this was not pointed out in the way it was Ed would never have made the change and been non the wiser. This is a key behaviour in attaining the ultimate in audio sound reproduction. Don't let sticks in the mud stop you from progressing, walk over them if you have to.

It is interesting to note that JBL also resisted the innovation and introduction of the L250 designed by Greg Timbers for some time and it was then latter upgraded to the 250Ti and remains one of the best JBL systems of all time.

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/profiles/jbl/l250.htm

Thread Information