Thread: Windows XP Install prompts - CLIO

Windows XP Install prompts - CLIO

Well here's a new one. Went to install CLIO. Installed the sound card for it and restarted the computer. No new device????? OK, cracked the case and reseated the card and rebooted. Again no new hardware?????

OK let's try the Wizard and low and behold Windows XP Pro installed it and loaded the driver automatically with no Installed Hardware messages??????? Anyone else have this happen?????

Talk about something that can make you spin your wheels!! Here I am physically reinstalling hardware that was automatically installed invisibly in the boot cycle?? What's with that??

Rob

norealtalent
    ANYTHING computer driven should come with a RBFH!

Really Big F------ Hammer

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    Anyone else have this happen?????
    Pretty much everyday. In fact, I'm in Fostoria right now replacing the power supply in one machine and re-imaging another machine with XPSP2. I thought this was supposed to be my week off to finish moving!

They don't call it "Plug and Pray" for nuttin'
    4406, 4412A, L100, L100t3 (3 pair), L1, L7, 4645C, 4660A, 4695B, SR4735 and various DIY JBL Pro loaded systems.

Obsolete
    Amen

Will only prompt when XP has no driver

I believe windows xp will only prompt when it does not contain the proper driver. When I do clean install's of xp I never get a prompt for hardware if the driver is included and in win xp pro service pack 2 it has most drivers of anything out there.It will load automatically,if in doubt the next time,just go into device manager to see if the driver was loaded.In most cases when xp does not prompt for new hardware it is because it has already loaded the driver.Hope this helps!

Thanks Guys!

It would not have bothered me if the instuctions with Clio included that as an option. It just runs through the normal menu as if it doesn't have the driver. I would have figured it out faster without those instructions.

Rob

Obsolete
    I could be wrong but I think WXP automagically installs the wrong driver. I think you need to update it using the clio2k.inf file inside the \inf2k directory on the CLIO CDROM.

Page 3 - http://www.audiomatica.com/download/readme.pdf

Hello Giskard

That is correct. I installed the correct driver once I saw that Windows had installed the card. They should really change the CLIO manual to have an option where Windows DOESN'T give the new hardware installed prompts. Other than that it was a clean, quick and painless install. Went through the calibration portion quickly and look forward to taking some measuremnets and having some fun with it.
    Thanks Rob

Obsolete
    Ok, now I understand your original post.

i build my machines with video & sound the add all other cards later.
    http://www.medpot.net/forums/

daily volcano demo`s
    find out the truth
    tell`em morbo sent you

mention lansing heritage for 10% off

Thread Information