Thread: Stands for L300

majick47

Stands for L300

Not that I'll be moveing the L300 often but I just completed a set of stands with wheels which resemble a furniture dolly. The two "stands" raise the speakers 3" off the floor and it is just enough to bring the tweeters/horns/woofers better in line with my seating position. I have to say it's a noticable improvement in the total sound quality of the L300. I used 3/4" maple to make the stands and used the smallest wheels that would support the weight (145 lbs). Next I'll paint them a semi gloss black and the stands should easly blend in with the original black bases and not look out of place or out of proportion.

Sounds neat. And the pictures are where?

Out.

Quote Originally Posted by majick47
    Not that I'll be moveing the L300 often but I just completed a set of stands with wheels which resemble a furniture dolly. The two "stands" raise the speakers 3" off the floor and it is just enough to bring the tweeters/horns/woofers better in line with my seating position. I have to say it's a noticable improvement in the total sound quality of the L300. I used 3/4" maple to make the stands and used the smallest wheels that would support the weight (145 lbs). Next I'll paint them a semi gloss black and the stands should easly blend in with the original black bases and not look out of place or out of proportion.
    These were raised 1-3/4" so that they would clear the bricks thereby letting me move the cabinets just that much closer together. I simply nailed/glued 1"x2" to the existing bottom and painted it to match. Even 1-3/4" helped get the tweeters closer to ear level and the woofers over the coffee table.

well done

you got my vote.

Love that suggestion

Ti Dome, I love this every time you post it, it is so fittin'

majick47

L300 Stands

I'll have them painted by Monday and post some pictures. Same as toddallin stands it brought everything to ear level.

Thread Information