Thread: preamp for Yamaha PC2002M

geoff

preamp for Yamaha PC2002M

I just got a PC2002M to drive my 4410s and need a recommendation for a good preamp. Any input is appreciated. thanks

majick47

Preamp for Yamaha PC2002M

If you want to stick with the Yamaha brand find a Yamaha CX1000U preamp and it will be a good match for your Yamaha PC2002M amp. A CX1000U in good shape will run around $300. Both units are a lot off bang for the buck, reliable and very decent sound/build quality.

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    I just got a PC2002M to drive my 4410s and need a recommendation for a good preamp. Any input is appreciated. thanks
    Not sure what would be a good match. Nice amp, however. I used to use one of them in my mobile rig in the late 1980's. My only complaint was the dang thing weighed a ton, but what didn't!

majick47

Yamaha Amp/Preamp

JBL DOG if you think the PC2002m was heavy try lifting a PC4002m, 100 lbs and it took both me and JBL NUT to lift it into the trunk of my car. The old roadies sure earned their money moving those amps. I was checking out the new equipment at the local JBL pro shop and everything is smaller and lighter to accomodate a new generation that doesn't have the muscle to lift the vintage equipment.

Thread Information