Thread: 2482/Not!

2482/Not!

In an attempt to find a mate to a JBL/ Dukane 5P360HP (2482) I purchased what was advertised as a 2482. Upon removing the back cover I noticed that the diaphragm is aluminum instead of the phenolic that I was expecting to see. Closer inspection reveals that the diaphragm screw spacing doesn't match the 2482 spacing. It appears that I have a 2440 with a 2482 back cover. Now, the ironical part of the story. I had two large JBL drivers with black wrinkle paint, the red seals intact and no foilcaps. They were sold to me as 375's. There was a noticeable difference in performance so I removed the seals and found that one was a 375 and the other was a Dukane 5P360HP. I sold the 375 and bought the 2482 to match the Dukane. Well, now I am back where I started with a pair of unmatched drivers. It does test one's sense of humor.

norealtalent
    I can relate. I bought a 2482 once because I had a 2440 and spare dia. I thought I'd just throw in the dia and be stylin'. That is why when people ask me what I think, I tell them I try not to, it usually gets me into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Banks
    I sold the 375 and bought the 2482 to match the Dukane. Well, now I am back where I started with a pair of unmatched drivers.
    I've had a few of those situations too....eeeeek! I hate the moment of realization that you have to start all over again.

Widget

Mr. Widget
    This was part of my attempt at getting my Hartsfield clones corrected in order to market them. They eventually need to make way for a 4350 hybrid clone project I am putting together. Widget, your recent speaker project and the Westlake monitor you posted has convinced me to build columns instead of the "freezer box" that the wives seem to hate.
    Woody

Thread Information