Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Just got a bunch of JBL Tech Manuals

RIP 2009

'Just got a bunch of JBL Tech Manuals

I recently BIN'd three big binders of JBL tech manuals off eBay - the first two arrived today. They look like a real goldmine, including lots of stuff I've never seen. They've got actual original printed versions of tons of crossover schematics, (including the MIA 3110A schematic!), and they're good clear copies, unlike many of the PDF's at JBL's site. Likewise, all the rest of the material - it's all JBL original.

It's going to take me a while to see what I've got, but if anyone is aware of missing info, drop me a line, and I'll see if it's here.

John

If you have something the site lacks would you be willing to scan and donate the images for historical reference? I know the old hands would appreciate it.

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by duaneage
    If you have something the site lacks would you be willing to scan and donate the images for historical reference? I know the old hands would appreciate it.
    I don't have a problem scanning things, but previous submissions I've made have never shown up - I don't want to just spin my wheels...

John

Tech Manuals are not typically posted in LH library.

It would be a substantial undertaking to get them all here.

Perhaps, as John is suggesting, we can at least get a commitment for the ones that are not up on the JBL sites.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    including the MIA 3110A schematic!
    Huh?

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=5856

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=19089

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=22413

I asked JBL about those manuals showing up on eBay a couple of years ago - "Yeah, we really don't like it but there isn't much we can do about it."

RIP 2009
    Nothing I could find on the 3110A schematic at JBL. 'Not sure if I'd seen it here before...thanks for the links!

John

Have to be careful with the contents of those manuals. By rights only JBL authorized personel are supposed to have them. We don't have permission to use them or their contents on the site. I have seen copies of service center CD's show up for auction as well. Ebay pulled those auctions down once someone got the word the material was copywrited.

Rob

For the discontinued products i do not agree with the scrupling. Look what we have in the techbot section.

More important for me is that John said he scanned other material as well and it didn't show up. I remember Hofmanhp mentioning the same before.
    Don, is there anything we can do to help speeding up the uploading to the library?

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    Don, is there anything we can do to help speeding up the uploading to the library?
    Evidently not. I've asked several times. I have quite a bit in the queue from January of 2004 that still hasn't been put in the Library. From what I understand it is an arduous task that takes blocks of time that Don might not have available.
    For the discontinued products i do not agree with the scrupling. Look what we have in the techbot section.
    If someone can get this stuff off eBay then it's fair game.

Who sold them? What were the auction numbers?

More important for me is that John said he scanned other material as well and it didn't show up. I remember Hofmanhp mentioning the same before.
    apparently not.....about two years ago I asked if anyone had the specs for the 2202 H , Giskard said he had sent it to Don and to wait for it........ Still waiting ( sigh)..that was one project that had to bite the dust for lack of info... Hope you guys have better results

Obsolete
    Hmm, I thought I had posted that spec sheet somewhere in the forum anyway. I guess it was the 2203H I posted.

Post Fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Evidently not. I've asked several times. I have quite a bit in the queue from January of 2004 that still hasn't been put in the Library. From what I understand it is an arduous task that takes blocks of time that Don might not have available.
    (snip)
    This is old news, discussed many times, including in this thread on another topic begun by the charming yet inscrutable Miss Orchid:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...ighlight=forum

which went nowhere.
    (Ian, I still don't know why you edited my post for "inappropriate content." http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...1&postcount=47 There was nothing inappropriate there, just a man's name. I've written far more inappropriate things; was it a Russian-style name purge for historical-political purification? :dont-know)

Anyway toward the middle, before the thing wandered off to our usual absurdities:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...4&postcount=65

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...2&postcount=70

The fix is to pay someone to do this under Don's supervision. I'm still up for donating money/auctioning a pair of speakers, etc., to an archiving project.
    Out.

Thumbs up Congratulations, John.

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    I recently BIN'd three big binders of JBL tech manuals off eBay - the first two arrived today. They look like a real goldmine, including lots of stuff I've never seen. They've got actual original printed versions of tons of crossover schematics, (including the MIA 3110A schematic!), and they're good clear copies, unlike many of the PDF's at JBL's site. Likewise, all the rest of the material - it's all JBL original.

It's going to take me a while to see what I've got, but if anyone is aware of missing info, drop me a line, and I'll see if it's here.

John
    I'm sure it's exciting to look through that gold mine.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Hmm, I thought I had posted that spec sheet somewhere in the forum anyway. I guess it was the 2203H I posted.
    or I just missed it...some times finding stuff posted is a "hit or miss" with the search..... ( I'm not the world's best search engine user, even tho I'm a programmer)

I was really looking in the library for it and not much any where else...

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    The fix is to pay someone to do this under Don's supervision. I'm still up for donating money/auctioning a pair of speakers, etc., to an archiving project.
    I've offered to do it several times beginning in January 2001 and was politely declined. The price was always free of charge.

Thread Information