Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Horn system pictures

jealous

Quote Originally Posted by carolus
    My little (home made) multi horn system. Big Klipschorn, Western Electric WE66A, Vitavox 1/1, vitavox 1/2, and EV. It's good for a complete Mahler orhester (and symphony).
    To all: Good end year, and fine music in 2006
    Hi Karel,
    I still think your system is one of the very best I had the opportunity to listen to !
    Are your tube amps and cross-over finished ?
    Did Bruno came with is Digital amps to your place to make a try ??? (I know you hate them ...)

have a nice day
    Yves

RacerXtreme

Horns

Which system is the most spectacular? The Molinear site from France gets my vote as #1, but he's got to lay down some veneer on the cabinets for the 30" Fostex woofers.

My actual small horn speakers. In France too ....
    regards Stephane
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards Stephane

jealous

Quote Originally Posted by golem841
    Hi Karel,
    I still think your system is one of the very best I had the opportunity to listen to !
    Are your tube amps and cross-over finished ?
    Did Bruno came with is Digital amps to your place to make a try ??? (I know you hate them ...)

have a nice day
    Yves
    Hello, hello, hello Yves.
    Fine to read you.
    Aië, aië, aië, my "tube-X-over-24dB" is tuning in a nightmare. But, one night he shall transport the music. At this moment i listen to a CD BACH (BWV12).
    And or audio friend Bruno (the great Tacticus-doctorandus from the Nord) is always welcome in the 'Flanders-audio-campus" for a quickly test with his pandora "tact-amp".
    But you know me, i feel no need for "digital-sound-management" in a "normal home invironnement" with good tuned horn system...
    I am clear, i do'nt hate Tact situations. It is not my (musical) "diapason", and i respect each of us individualy diapason (or concept philosophy)....
    Yves , i am from the old audio school ....
    Let's feel the music emotions ....
    yves, let's talk about your home brewed (fait maison) "Iwata" (family) project ... If you need help, let me know.
    A good "maestro-horn-builder" in Iwata (horn) application (and more bigger) is or friend (Johan) "MAFUTA" (a new Roggero). Ask him (and go listen) for all your (wet)horn dreams ...magnificent ...gorgeous.

Yves, i wish you a good and safe year end. A great new year 2006 (and much longer), with ambitious audio project and (important) in harmony with your (home) family ....

Allez, salukes and "au revoir".
    A+
    Karel

Quote Originally Posted by mafuta
    Mac MC352

Sorry can't seem to post the picture itself.

Whole system here
    www.aca.gr/pop_dreyer.htm
    ē

Hi Johan,
    congratulations with your "great" and spectacular new audio concept (before Christmas).
    I can feel (barefoot!) the "bas" in my back garden ....
    Allez, salukes en tot "horens".
    Karel

Karel

It was the photos of your magnificent system that started it! Especially the wood Iwatas.They continue to amaze me.Surely the most unhorn sounding horn ever!

The fat Iwata with the JBL 2490 was really the biggest surprise.It sounds so natural and undistorted. At times I almost think it is my old Quad electrostats(Of course until the dynamics swing in and I find myself in the kitchen!).That from a driver that has been called a "tin can" on this forum and elsewhere.

Thanks again for all your advice; the Iwatas,scaling up an Iwata,putting me on to ALE and then Goto and (most importantly) the alignment of the drivers

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by mafuta
    Karel

It was the photos of your magnificent system that started it! Especially the wood Iwatas.They continue to amaze me.Surely the most unhorn sounding horn ever!

The fat Iwata with the JBL 2490 was really the biggest surprise.It sounds so natural and undistorted. At times I almost think it is my old Quad electrostats(Of course until the dynamics swing in and I find myself in the kitchen!).That from a driver that has been called a "tin can" on this forum and elsewhere.

Thanks again for all your advice; the Iwatas,scaling up an Iwata,putting me on to ALE and then Goto and (most importantly) the alignment of the drivers

Johan
    Hello "Mafuta"

I own a pair of 2490H drivers loaded in 2392 horns ; these are very big and quite ugly from my wife's opinion ...
    (http://www.jblpro.com/pages/cinema/5000.htm#5671=)

After my visit to Karel, I'm almost ready to build Iwata Horns (1inch for the TAD2001 and ... 3 inches for the 2490) plus maybe a bass horn with 2 Altec 416 8A
    Did you experimented anything else for the 2490 ?
    Thank you
    Yves

Hi

No.I wanted to use a larger Iwata from 250 to 1kHz.Upscaling the Iwata 1.5X gave me a 3 inch throat and exactly 1 suitable driver in the whole world i.e .2490. So I bought a new pair blind.Hence the surprise about the sound of the tin can.Other avenues included 2482,Altec 290 or twin Goto 505(ouch!) on suitable adaptors ,but then the fat Iwata would have become too deep ,making physical alignment difficult (Karel will bend your ear on that! -but I fully agree on the importance thereof).

BTW you will not be sorry for all the hours (and money) spent on the Iwatas.Warning A fat Iwata plus driver must weigh close on 100kg!

Good luck

Johan

Thumbs up

Okay all you hornies, no messing around this time. From Crystal Method's Legion of Boom comes this image replete with horns, arrays, and direct radiators.
    Out.

House de Kris
    OK, there have been some pretty awe inspiring pictures here of horn systems. I'll bring this thread back down to Earth with a more humble common-man take on horns. My picture is of a couple systems I usually use outdoors, typically back-to-back. Although, in this picture they are side-by-side for testing purposes indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by ngccglp
    My A7s, and future heir.
    That's a handsome boy! Look at that smile!

Hi all,

I have a nice pair of A5 Altec Lansing in lounge room setting :all natural wood "

Quote Originally Posted by CONVERGENCE
    Hi all,

I have a nice pair of A5 Altec Lansing in lounge room setting :all natural wood "

Not without pictures posted here, you don't....

Nope.

How about these Kleinhorns hand build by some students of Mr Pass.

RacerXtreme

Kleinhorns

Those Kleinhorns look impressive. How do they sound?

21" woofers? Made by who?

Thread Information