Thread: CD player with balanced XLR outputs

Smile CD player with balanced XLR outputs

Excuse me if i put this in the wrong place, not sure if It should go elsewhere, feel free to move it or spank me I am looking for ideas for a cd player with balanced XLR outputs. to use with my altec lansing amp that has those inputs. Any ideas or suggestions are gratefully and happily accepted

If you can find a Sony CDP-D11 or D12. I have the D11 and like it very much. If you can find them they run about 350 t0 450 these days on Ebay. Take up 1RU and sound great. I believe Bo has the D12. Not sure of the difference.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by jim3860
    Excuse me if i put this in the wrong place, not sure if It should go elsewhere, feel free to move it or spank me I am looking for ideas for a cd player with balanced XLR outputs. to use with my altec lansing amp that has those inputs. Any ideas or suggestions are gratefully and happily accepted

Yes... I moved your thread to teh Off Topic area... not a big deal.

Adcom also made a CD player with balanced outs... the GCD 750. It is fine, though I don't like it as much as my other players so I haven't used mine in a while.

Widget

Thumbs up CD payer with balanced XLR outputs

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky
    If you can find a Sony CDP-D11 or D12. I have the D11 and like it very much. If you can find them they run about 350 t0 450 these days on Ebay. Take up 1RU and sound great. I believe Bo has the D12. Not sure of the difference.

Ken
    THANKS KEN AND MR WIDGET......... Ok i will look for the sonys on ebay, since MR WIDGET doesent care for the adcom. They make nice amps for the money though. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

More Stuff

Tascam makes the single rack space CD-01U Pro and the 3 rack space CDA 700 unit.

I think you are gonna need a pre amp though.Nothing will plug directly into an amplifier and give a satisfactory result.

Oldmics

The Sonic Frontiers CD players all had balanced outs, IIRC. Also had vacuum tube analog stages too!

One alternative, that gives REALLY high performance, might be to find a CD player with a digital out, and use it as just transport only to drive a Benchmark DAC-1 (which has balanced outs). New, they're like $1K, but you might be able to find a used one out there somewhere. IMHO, best sounding DAC I've heard that didn't cost 3 times as much or more as it did!

Regards,
    Gordon.

Resolution Audio

Don't know what the budget is, but Resolution Audio CD 50 or 55 on the used market is an excellent buy - and it sounds ANALOG. Variable analog outputs can run direct to amp, without need for pre.

Thread Information