Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CLIO Clinic

Hey Zilch

You know those L200T3 networks you sent. They work! The red is the 2418/ 2342 combo no network. The Red is with the network. Your going to love this thing. I am going to use drivers and such where I know what to expect to get the hang of things. That way I can trouble shoot until I get the "correct" response to learn how to set things up.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    I couldn't find a reference to where the files go in Version 7. I also looked through the 6.5 manual and couldn't find it either.
    I would have thought they would have gone in the calibration directory but no -> C:\Program Files\Audiomatica\CLIOWin 7

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    You know those L200T3 networks you sent. They work!
    Heh. And that's the most rudimentary version, too!

Just call that design "done" and on to the next one.

Acutally, 2416H-1 sounds a bit better, if you have any of those.

Thanks again to Giskard for turning us on to that surprisingly good minimalist network.

Update update:

Audiomatica received my ISA card.

$616.73 PayPal'd today for the updated gear w/latest software, including shipping from Italy via DHL Courier.

$1020.39 total to date.

U.S. Customs duty pending.

Thinking I'll also get a "Lite" mic to mount inside my test box for woofer testing per Small....

CLIO Upgrade:

Signal conditioner, new V4.0 PCI card, CLIOwin 7 software, beaucoup more cables.

"Lite Mic02" ordered for in-box woofer testing.

Gonna hard wire through the wall from office to "Lab," I'm thinkin'....

Trivia question from Audivex: Who was Clio, and what was the TV program?

Pinggggggggggg

So what's up. Zilch you have that bugger up and running yet???

Rob

Yeah..like hello Man..I am twiddling my thumbs and whistling Dixie.

I reackon your figuring out how to repost 800 posts and what Clio reports

Check your PM's for a PC!!
    Always fun learning more.......

Well , how's the Clio Club doing ?

- By now, I was hoping that we would have seen a few exposés of never before measured, JBL HiFi components.

- Or have you guys discovered so many blemishes in what you personally accept as "nice-sounding" ,that submitting to the tyranny of the "flat-line visual" is just a no-go at this time ? I'm aware that the inherent HF/UHF phase-cancellations from a design like the 4344 or 4345 is not considered to be a drawback as long as ones capacitors and electronics are up to the task .

- ( See Widgets' "Frequency Response thread for an interesting overview of the limitations of "measured" specs.

- A few ideas ;

(a) Tweeters; How about FR/Impedance plots for the 035ti , 044ti , 046ti & the 050ti ? As well as harmonic distortion comparisons for these same tweets . ( The gold laminated titanium 050ti might just win this competition ). It would be nice to see these specs / even though these are mostly ( or rumoured soon to be ) NLA/Obsolete "Legacy Components" .

(b) Harmonic distortion comparisons between the 108H and 2118H . It would be nice to quantify the reduction in overall "objectionable" distortions ( read; odd numbered types ) that applications of aquaplas provides. I love what JBL does with aquaplas / I wouldn't mind seeing it quantified .

(c) Harmonic distortion comparisons between a 2445H and a 2450-SL ( or a stock D8R2425 versus the aquaplased 275 diaphragm in a 2426H driver .

(d) Response & distortion specs for the legendary 112H/2108H series of 8" midbasses .

Heya, Earl!

Well, I'm up to doin' (c); JuniorJBL has put together a computer for me to run it.

There WILL be a learning curve, tho....

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Well, I'm up to doin' (c); JuniorJBL has put together a computer for me to run it.

There WILL be a learning curve, tho....
    Excellent !

I'll look forward to seeing that, ( once all those (I's) are dotted & those pesky (T's) are crossed . )

Hello Earl

We can give some of that a whirl. The distortion won't be that easy though. Need a real quiet room cause if your looking around a 90Db reference level lots of what you looking for is 40-50Db down. So you have to make sure the furnace/refrigerator/washing machine and dryer are off and your levels are high enough above the noise floor to give you the dymanic range. Hear is a curves trying this out. This is a 2418 on a 2342 ran through the L200T3 crossovers Zilch sent me to try out. The Red is 2nd and Green is Third Harmonic

The PC was easy stuff. Now I just need to come up with CLIO or the likes so I can do this myself!
    Always fun learning more.......

Quote Originally Posted by RobH
    We can give some of that a whirl. The distortion won't be that easy though. Need a real quiet room cause if your looking around a 90Db reference level lots of what you looking for is 40-50Db down.
    - Thanks for the reply Rob.

- Two and a half decades ago ( @ 1981), when Urei was redeveloping the horn section for their 813 duplex, they were presented with a similar dilemma.
    ie; How to make meaningful measurements without access to an anechoic chamber ?
    -Their solution was to use 4" Sonex panels to create a portable sound chamber that they said offered close to 100 % attenuation above 1000 hz.
    - The test speaker sat on a stand with 6 panels hung all around it ( the bottom panel had a hole cut into it to allow the speaker-stand acces.
    - The cubical interior was large enough to accomodate a duplex in a smallish enclosure. There was enough interior space to distance the test mic. 1 meter away from the duplex.

- 4" deep Sonex is quite expensive, so is 4" Auralex ( though it's a cheaper alternative to Sonex ).
    - I own a lot of 2" deep Auralex panels that I use for room treatment purposes ( my own interpretation of LEDE ) .
    - Personally, I'd build with the 2" or 3" stuff , if I wanted to build an ad hoc test chamber ( specifically for HF transducers ). Even when having the ability to "time-window" the test samples, I feel there is a benefit to the enhanced isolation .

Thread Information