Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CLIO Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    I forget if you have Mic-01 or Mic-02.

01, it says, is for anechoic, and 02 for reverberant. Only difference is the length, apparently. Any insight or opinion?
    The only difference between mics is length. The longer one is always preferred.. the shorter one is for convenience. The difference between the Lite mic and standard mic is the case and the mic clip. I have the lite mic and had to modify a shock mount to fit the very thin mic body. I had my mic calibrated by a third party.

I met with the two principals of Audiomatica at last year's AES Convention. They assured me that the Lite mics were identical to the standard mics. Each mic comes with a voltage sensitivity rating as well... this is critical for accurate SPL measurements.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    Each mic comes with a voltage sensitivity rating as well... this is critical for accurate SPL measurements.
    Yup, it's written on the calibration card in the mic case.

This one's 19.8 mV/Pa as of 12/05/01, so this Standard system is about 4 years old, apparently.

"Trade" = $520 plus shipping:

UPGRADE CLIO ISA TO CLIO PCI Euro 438.00
    -PCI PC BOARD + SIGNAL CONDITIONER
    -CABLES
    -CLIOWIN 7

Looks like a deal....

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    "Trade" = $520 plus shipping:

UPGRADE CLIO ISA TO CLIO PCI Euro 438.00
    -PCI PC BOARD + SIGNAL CONDITIONER
    -CABLES
    -CLIOWIN 7

Looks like a deal....
    Why get current? I think I'd just use the older Clio... I have done all of my measurements so far with Clio 6.5 and I like it. 7 does seem a bit nicer, but the manual and disc are sitting on my desk still.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    Why get current?
    'Cause it'll run on a new computer, mostly. I don't want to mess with an old one in the lab, if I can reasonably avoid it.

It's looking like I'll still be saving enough to cover that, $450, and be running the latest configuration on all new gear....

It is a very fair offer from the folks at Audiomatica, and I suppose it makes sense in the long run.

Let us know when you get the gear.

Widget

E-speakers just responded. No upgrade available through distribution, only factory direct, from Italy.

Wonder how much U.S. Customs is gonna grab....

Just make the thing go and post some screen dumps for Christ sakes..I don't wanta be in a nursing home reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    I don't wanta be in a nursing home reading this thread.
    Heh, heh.

Thanks again, Ian.

We'll get there, I PROMISE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    ...I don't wanta be in a nursing home reading this thread.

Got a crystal ball do ya?

Widget

Just installed and calibrated Clio Lite 7.0. Was a breeze except for a Windows Instalment issue where the hardware was recognized and a driver loaded with no new hardware prompts from Windows??? So it's up and running!!!! Now I just have to try some basic measurements and see how the Microphone is and how well the Behringer Microphone I have compares with the Clio Microphone. A sugestion for someone purchasing a new system. I asked if the Microphone was calibrated which it is. What I wanted was the FR calibration curve not just the preasure calibration. If you ask make sure you are clearer than I was.

Zilch how's it going with your trade up??? You are going to love this. No more tripod shot's, loading the JPG's and seeing if they are good enough. Talk about an intuitive and well laid out interface! Get the trial version off the internet and use the that to help learn the interface and get familiar with the program. You don't have to wait to load the real deal to start using the post measurement analysis functions. Print your manual up as Widget suggested you will need it to really get familiar with the interface.

Rob

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    Print your manual up as Widget suggested you will need it to really get familiar with the interface.
    I printed mine out on a Xerox color laser a couple weeks ago using bright white paper. I'm weird that way.

Hi, Rob!

The ISA board was mailed back to the factory in Italy early last week. They have sent me a proforma invoice, and indicate they will ship via DSL upon receipt.

May the postal gods smile upon these humble endeavors!

Here are some of my first measurements. I tried it out on my 4344 clones. First thing is just how important your methodology is. I know that multidriver systems are difficult to begin with and I got to see why right away. Just a 6" difference in height give the system a different balance due to the directional characteristics of the individual drivers. All and all this is great system. Very easy to use however getting the methodology down to get repeatable measurements and useful ones will take some time. Learning how to use the analysis software will also take some time but overall it really is fun to use. Here are the first set of graphs. The first two are measured on axis with the 2122 1 meter away. The second set is at seated height on axis with the 2307 Lense/2405. You can see just how directional the 2405 is in the vertical axis. Zilch you are going to have your work cut out for you trying to compare the systems you are putting together. The methodology is key so if you have not already you might consider doing your measurements in your listenning room as opposed to your work space. If you are forced to measure there see what you can do as far as mapping the room for best places to measure and get your speaker placement set up so you measure from the same spot. I am curious to see what you think. You may want to take a known like the 4430 and use it as you baseline. I am going to try an L20T3 later to see what the differences are.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Interestingly, the basic results are the same above 1 kHz for each setup. Your space must be nicely damped, as reflections aren't majorly apparent.

Windowing cleans it up below that, mostly, but 7.7ms window renders everything below 150 Hz invalid, no?

Gotta use different methodology to get useful results below that, anyway.

D'Appolito says measure on tweeter axis. It's now clear why.

Big differences in the 800 Hz region between your two test heights. I'm guessing you're crossed over somewhere near there?

Thread Information