Thread: Leftover project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    pentictonklaus

Leftover project

My lovely wife finally thought she could clean out all that stuff under the sofa.
    I am kind of defenceless since I will be going back to work( the cold north ) right after Christmas, and won't be able to avoid it. So I thought I finally get my butt into gear and put that leftover stuff into some wood. Started yesterday at a friends shop after I took away from under the sofa :
    ( please don't ask how I got it all there)
    2 x 2231
    2 x 2118 j ( 2 more to reach 8 ohm are on the way, finally )
    2 x 2344 with 2426 h
    2 x 2405
    So what to do ? Without trying to copy any of Zilch's 4430 work, the result is somewhat close, at least in the bass part.
    2231 in 180 liter tuned to 30 hz, 2118 in 14 liter in seperate box for time alignment or whatever,2344 in a metal frame on top, 2405 I do not know jet. All driven active, crossed with 2 times ML 552 at 300hz and probably around 1200. Bass 2X crown DC 300,mids and highs Bryston 3 B. Here are the first pictures. Oh forgot to mention 2344 will have the passive part of the 4435 network build if parts arrive in time. Here are the first pictures and thank's to all for work and info from this forum. Merry Christmas
    Klaus
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Klaus,

A picture says a thousand words.

Enjoy..and nice workshop.

Ian

Very nice. Looks fun.

Keep us posted.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

norealtalent
    Nice work! Any thoughts on a finish?

Penticton Eh!

Nice work

Julie and I used to live on the 7th fairway at Twin lakes Country Club. Do you happen to know Al Formo? He is a local well known business man. Used to run Al Formo's Carpet on the main drag. I used to spend a lot of time in Penticton.

If you know him how is he doing? I mean Penticton is not that large a place and if you have been there for many years I am sure you would know him.

Ken

pentictonklaus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky
    Nice work

Julie and I used to live on the 7th fairway at Twin lakes Country Club. Do you happen to know Al Formo? He is a local well known business man. Used to run Al Formo's Carpet on the main drag. I used to spend a lot of time in Penticton.

If you know him how is he doing? I mean Penticton is not that large a place and if you have been there for many years I am sure you would know him.

Ken
    Hello Ken
    Yes I do know AL. I live in Penticton since 15 years. His carpet store was right next to the Barley Mill Pup. We used to meet there for beer drinking. He closed the business some 7or 8 years ago and ganged up with the local car sales club. I think he's still in town but I have not seen him for some years. I have also been working overseas and in the north for the last 5 years but will inquire about his whereabouts. It is a small world. Penticton did however grow and real estate is out to lunch. A place at twin lakes sells for 300 k now.

I plan to finish the speakers in flat black, since I do not have enough time
    to do a piano finish like the old homebuilt one in the picture. The parts from parts express did not arrive jet and I am running out of time since I was called back to work for the 27th allready. Still hope to finish before christmas.

Klaus
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information