Thread: Leftover project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    pentictonklaus

Leftover project

My lovely wife finally thought she could clean out all that stuff under the sofa.
    I am kind of defenceless since I will be going back to work( the cold north ) right after Christmas, and won't be able to avoid it. So I thought I finally get my butt into gear and put that leftover stuff into some wood. Started yesterday at a friends shop after I took away from under the sofa :
    ( please don't ask how I got it all there)
    2 x 2231
    2 x 2118 j ( 2 more to reach 8 ohm are on the way, finally )
    2 x 2344 with 2426 h
    2 x 2405
    So what to do ? Without trying to copy any of Zilch's 4430 work, the result is somewhat close, at least in the bass part.
    2231 in 180 liter tuned to 30 hz, 2118 in 14 liter in seperate box for time alignment or whatever,2344 in a metal frame on top, 2405 I do not know jet. All driven active, crossed with 2 times ML 552 at 300hz and probably around 1200. Bass 2X crown DC 300,mids and highs Bryston 3 B. Here are the first pictures. Oh forgot to mention 2344 will have the passive part of the 4435 network build if parts arrive in time. Here are the first pictures and thank's to all for work and info from this forum. Merry Christmas
    Klaus
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thread Information