Thread: Crossover Points on Velodyne ULD15 Subs

majick47

Crossover Points on Velodyne ULD15 Subs

This past weekend my brother purchased a pair of Velodyne ULD15 subwoofers with seperate amps/crossovers to augment his JBL 4311b. The price was right, $450 for the pair. These were purchased from the second owner who advised that the high and low crossover points had been changed by the first owner. From what I understand their are 2 resistors for the low pass and 4 resistors for the high pass inside the amp/crossover that would have to be changed. Does any member have any experience changing the crossover points on the Velodyne ULD models (12/15/18)? I listened to the ULD15 subs and they sounded very good but imo the crossover points should be set higher since his 4311b bass doesn't extend that low in his fairly large listening room. I was quite impressed with the Velodyne subs and considering the difficulty in locating/affording a B460 I would seriously consider purchasing a Velodyne ULD18 to go in my system (L300).

majick47

Velodyne ULD15 Subs

I screwed up, should of posted in "Off Topic". Please move, thanks.

Sorry... can't help. I have a Velodyne HGS sub... now two generations old but newer that the UDL series. I found they sound best below 50Hz... above that and you can really hear the servo working... the damn thing sounds mechanical rather than musical. With mine and the newer ones you rotate a knob... a bit simpler to dial in than messing around with a pile of resistors.

I'd contact Velodyne directly and ask them to send you a manual.

Widget

majick47

Velodyne Subs

Thanks for the update Mr Widget for your experience with Velodyne crossover points. I should of mentioned the first owner allegedly had full range speakers and it is quite possible that they are already in the neighborhood of 50hz. I was unable to hear the servo cutting in so it leads me to believe it is set in the 50hz range. An adjustable crossover as in the newer models would be the way to go but sorry to say this model does not. I'll try contacting Velodyne again but thet advise on their web site that they no longer support the ULD series.

Thread Information