Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Your best JBL find

Smile Im new. My 4430s are old

I live in the sticks and just got my fabulous slow speed internet in my home, so I dont know if I got a deal or not. Found a set of 4430s in a church. I have actually sung through them,Played sax through them, basiclly knew them before buying them but hadnt seen them for a few years.Someone had been using them for a stand and the topsof the cabinets are a little scratched but after replacing the driver in one of the horns, they sound great strategically placed on each side of my piano. We really rock!!! Oh yeah, paid 700 canadian. My daughter did better though. Gave her the L112s that the 4430s replaced.

Smile Welcome sledchick

Quote Originally Posted by sledchick
    I live in the sticks and just got my fabulous slow speed internet in my home, so I dont know if I got a deal or not. Found a set of 4430s in a church. I have actually sung through them,Played sax through them, basiclly knew them before buying them but hadnt seen them for a few years.Someone had been using them for a stand and the topsof the cabinets are a little scratched but after replacing the driver in one of the horns, they sound great strategically placed on each side of my piano. We really rock!!! Oh yeah, paid 700 canadian. My daughter did better though. Gave her the L112s that the 4430s replaced.
    In fact, welcome both to the Internet and to Lansing Heritage. Both are wonderful places to explore.

I also have a pair of 4430s, but I paid $1200 US for them. I put them in my office, which is fairly large. They're very nice speakers, and, as you say, they can really rock. Congrats!
    Out.

L26 Decade's for $20, found at a clients home back in the late 80's. I had just finished installing a Pioneer surround system when he commented that the JBL's sounded horrible when compared with the Pioneer's, a quick listen & no wonder with blown Tweeters. Fixed Tweeters, very impressed with sound, was a Yamaha buff untill then as we were thier repair agents. Reluctantly sold them to a mates brother in law for $1000 after having them for a while & you wouldnt believe it but that same mate handed them back to me minus the boxes & in need of some major T.L.C on my last visit to Queensland 15yrs later. I quess me & the Decade's were meant to be togeather. Have nearly completed new boxes, rerolls etc, I will never part with these again.
    Cheers Wayne.

dc4all
    Today! I bought a pair of L220's for $75 at the Salvation Army. Now I've got to bring my truck to lug 'em home....

Smile Welcome dc4all.

Quote Originally Posted by dc4all
    Today! I bought a pair of L220's for $75 at the Salvation Army. Now I've got to bring my truck to lug 'em home....
    Cool find! What's their condition?

Just enter "L220" in the search box and you'll find lots of info. Our resident L220 expert, Steve Gonzales, can tell you everything you need to know about L220s.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by dc4all
    WOW, great score ....welcome to the forum..

New to the forum. My best score was a pair of near-mint UREI 811cs for $100, which is about what one grille originally cost. A nearby studio needed to empty its storage space and I happened along at the right moment. I was there when these particular speakers were uncrated at the facility and there again when they were replaced with Genlec 1032a's. They spent their first life in a control room that had maximum volume restrictions that prevented abuse so they came to me as well broken in.

Now if I could just find some grilles! The tent sale is long over...

Bob

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Womack
    Now if I could just find some grilles! The tent sale is long over...

Bob
    Welcome, Bob!

Yup, and the grilles were about $10 in the tent

Quote Originally Posted by JBL Dog
    Welcome, Bob!

Still waiting for my official welcome, Boo Hoo
    Been floating around since June.

Oh Well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne

Oh Well.
    Didn't you get the memo? We don't officially welcome people from Down Under. You are certainly welcome here though.

Widget

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne

Oh Well.
    Welcome Wayne!

Morbo! is the Aussie greeter.

[Warn the neighbors, tho.... ]

Oh, and bookmark this page:

http://www.acay.com.au/~jbartok/welcome.html

Welcome Wayne!

Well Thank-you Mr Widget & JBL Dog

I was just having a dig, have spent lots of hours enjoying this forum & hope to be around for some time, besides I've nearly finished the full rebuild of my L26 Decade's & want to rack your guys brains on my next project, was thinking the L100 or maybe some of the pro-series. I can build the cabinets no problem but sourcing the components on e-bay & there cost will no doubt have a major influence, thanks again for the welcome.
    Cheers Wayne.

Welcome, Bob!

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Bob

analogman
    My near mint, 001 Apollos
    $30.00 at a local thrift
    Analogman
    P. S. Lots more but NOT JBL; have since sold EVERYTHING NON-JBL except for a pair of Heresys I gave my Son and a pristine pair of ARs I restored for nostalgia's sake that I just gave my 14 year old Daughter. The ARs are nice for a kid that listens to "alternative" in a small space; AFTER they received new woofers and Solens. That project was spurred on by memories of those old black and white ads in Playboy with Miles and the like. Could never sell them for what I had in them plus she's very happy.

Thread Information