+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 353

Thread: Your best JBL find

  1. #46
    Administrator Mr. Widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoman
    I've never been so nervous wating for my card to process! $100.00 !!
    I know that feeling!

    Wow... that is certainly a find indeed!!!

    Widget

  2. #47
    Junior Member Neoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Elk Grove CA
    Posts
    15

    You're gonna kill me

    Well you thought that was good. During my stint as an audio visual tech I got a chance to refoam these baby's and the owner who was also my co-worker let me take em home after we closed are CA. operations......JBL 4313B Still a favorite! Price paid ..NaDA FREE BE!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #48
    Your Memory Lives On RIP Tom Loizeaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Baltimore, MD USA
    Posts
    669

    norealtalent

    [QUOTE=norealtalent]I've been fortunate to have 7 pair of these... To see the new pair with boxes and grilles in plastic lined up against the wall was really impressive...QUOTE]

    It's clear you're really hooked! Seeing the extent of your addiction makes me feel better about mine.
    You've gotta get a pair of 4343s up and running and tweaked. Take some time to enjoy audio bliss!

    Tom

  4. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoman
    Well you thought that was good. During my stint as an audio visual tech I got a chance to refoam these baby's and the owner who was also my co-worker let me take em home after we closed are CA. operations......JBL 4313B Still a favorite! Price paid ..NaDA FREE BE!
    Well sure..., after you put the foam on the wrong side of the cone, who else would want them.

  5. #50
    Senior Member Audiobeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    St. Peters, Mo just west of St. Louis.
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by toddalin
    Well sure..., after you put the foam on the wrong side of the cone, who else would want them.
    That's to funny!
    I have had a pair for about a year before I realized it had the same problem.

  6. #51
    RIP 2011 Zilch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    9,985
    Look out, folks, Todd's on a ROLL tonight!


  7. #52
    norealtalent
    Guest
    [QUOTE=Tom Loizeaux]
    Quote Originally Posted by norealtalent
    I've been fortunate to have 7 pair of these... To see the new pair with boxes and grilles in plastic lined up against the wall was really impressive...QUOTE]

    It's clear you're really hooked! Seeing the extent of your addiction makes me feel better about mine.
    You've gotta get a pair of 4343s up and running and tweaked. Take some time to enjoy audio bliss!

    Tom
    Thanks Tom. Never say never! 43's are still in the back. I'm working on the Westlakes right now. Got one x-over straightened out yesterday. I won't give any impressions yet. I know it's only one and it's only half the signal, but it sure sounds more like it. Looking at the schematic and comparing it to the unadulterated sections, I don't think these things were ever right! There are 3 circuits in each speaker that are just plain ass backwards, resistor-coil-cap instaed of cap-coil-resistor. I'm no crossover wiz but I know that cap needs to be on the right side of the coil!!!

    Free 4313's are nice, even with the foam backwards but I gotta say, the $100 L300's take the cake in my book!!!

  8. #53
    Administrator Mr. Widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,473
    [QUOTE=norealtalent]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Loizeaux
    Free 4313's are nice, even with the foam backwards but I gotta say, the $100 L300's take the cake in my book!!!
    Ditto!

    Hey Talent,

    You should contact Westlake and get the schematics and whatever other information you can about your Westlakes... Ken has pestered the hell out of them and they have been very forthcoming with information and help...


    Apparently each pair of their bigger monitors are essentially custom built and they keep thorough records.


    Widget

  9. #54
    Member jbljfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Upper LH Corner, USA
    Posts
    90

    From a friend of friend

    I picked up a pair of original owner L-220's for $300. I've had the surrounds on the woofers and PR's replaced. The cabinets have gotten a lot elbow grease, lemon oil & 000 steelwool. I'm still hoping pics show up on http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...4&page=1&pp=15
    I use them for HT mains and I promise Widget I will not watch any opera DVD's with them.

  10. #55
    Administrator Mr. Widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,473
    Quote Originally Posted by jbljfan
    ...I promise Widget I will not watch any opera DVD's with them.
    Zooooom over my head.... but I can't imagine watching an Opera DVD on any system.


    Widget

  11. #56
    Senior Member Akira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    327

    4411's $100.

    Not as spectacular a deal as some of the others but...

    Got a pair of 4411's for a trade on an cheap 1/2 space digital reverb which was worth $400. new, but maybe $100. at the time. I picked up the 4411's because they were a steal, even though I had no use for them. Tried to sell them without success. But, in the early 90's they were considered uncool. No one wanted a speaker that size. Computer music and small two ways became popular. I never played them until recently. I always assumed they were just a pair of 4311/L100's. Wrong: they actually sound pretty good.
    Still have no use for them.

  12. #57
    norealtalent
    Guest
    [QUOTE=Mr. Widget]
    Quote Originally Posted by norealtalent
    Ditto!

    Hey Talent,

    You should contact Westlake and get the schematics and whatever other information you can about your Westlakes... Ken has pestered the hell out of them and they have been very forthcoming with information and help...


    Apparently each pair of their bigger monitors are essentially custom built and they keep thorough records.


    Widget
    Been there, done that, thank you Ken + Sherwood!!! I am going by the schematic Sherwood sent me. Some of the positive pathway components are very neatly installed backwards and I swear it's original. There is NO sign of tampering in those areas. I don't know what else to think. I'm wiring them like the schematic says. I don't know why somebody else would do the mods that were done unless something was wrong in the first place and I find it hard to believe that Westlake would let them go if they weren't right I know mid production changes get made and yada yada yada. My experience says when all else fails, go back to basics. I'll follow the schematic. When I have them both done, I'll listen and decide from there. Thank you for the encouragement and support.

  13. #58
    Senior Member Ian Mackenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Tardis
    Posts
    5,949
    Love them pics...jealous

    Ian

  14. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,131
    [QUOTE=norealtalent]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget

    Been there, done that, thank you Ken + Sherwood!!! I am going by the schematic Sherwood sent me. Some of the positive pathway components are very neatly installed backwards and I swear it's original. There is NO sign of tampering in those areas. I don't know what else to think. I'm wiring them like the schematic says. I don't know why somebody else would do the mods that were done unless something was wrong in the first place and I find it hard to believe that Westlake would let them go if they weren't right I know mid production changes get made and yada yada yada. My experience says when all else fails, go back to basics. I'll follow the schematic. When I have them both done, I'll listen and decide from there. Thank you for the encouragement and support.
    Wired by a dyslexic maybe???

  15. #60
    norealtalent
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    Love them pics...jealous

    Ian
    Personal visits are strongly encouraged I love to share my JBL's. I have also been known to ship to Australia when asked nicely (hint)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Old JBL find!!!
    By JBLROCKS in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 08:38 AM
  2. Where to find JBL logo?
    By watchman in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 08:42 AM
  3. Can't find JBL 012 Tweeter Info!
    By TLDRGGR in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 10:22 PM
  4. How did you find out about JBL Pro Series?
    By jbl in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 03:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts