Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Your best JBL find

Bill F.

Not JBL, but . . .

Whazzat calling my name from the warehouse shelf at the local Univ. custodial dept.?

Just brought 'em home.

No coaxes inside, but a pristine 505b pair.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

These !

Got these around 5 years ago at an estate sale - $25 for the pair - L200's
    I just posted on another string inquiring as to the approx value !

All my JBLs were great finds. L112 were advertised "with speakers" in an ad for a $40 Yamaha CR-1020 (also came with Onkyo Integra CDPC and 40' of 8g). First set of L100's in original boxes were free. Second set was $10 or $20. Traded a set of DCM KX10s for newly serviced L26s.

Was just perusing this thread and had to comment. The first car I purchased when I graduated college was a new 1973 2002 tii in turkis (I've been told the rarest color). I certainly wish I had never parted with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbee50 View Post
    Was just perusing this thread and had to comment. The first car I purchased when I graduated college was a new 1973 2002 tii in turkis (I've been told the rarest color). I certainly wish I had never parted with it.
    While stationed in DE 1981-1984, I had a few different rides, but one of my favs was the 1972 2000 "Touring" 3-door hatchback in Inca orange!

S8 PA in my home again after 30 years

Please help guys. I've gotten back the old band PA from the mid 70's. It is as follows: JBL S8 cabinets I think. I don't want to rip the cloth yet to see if the LE15 are in there? How do I get in? With an lx5 crossover and then the drivers , one is a jbl 2445J and the other a 2440 driver, 2309 horns, 2310 lenses, and then there are a couple E-V T350 tweeters. I didn't get the crossovers for the t350's. Do you recommend the x36 or the x336? What's the difference? Before I get back to work on 1/5/09 I want to get into this stuff. Write as long as you want. Is one driver better the 2445J or the 2440 than the other? Thanks.
    The best part I paid $300.00 for all of it!

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    While stationed in DE 1981-1984, I had a few different rides, but one of my favs was the 1972 2000 "Touring" 3-door hatchback in Inca orange!
    Just noticed this today with this thread's revival. Very cool car. I drove one in England in 1971. One of the few '02 variants that has not lived under my roof at one time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Just noticed this today with this thread's revival. Very cool car. I drove one in England in 1971. One of the few '02 variants that has not lived under my roof at one time or another.
    Did it have the auto in it?

I ended up junking mine when the frame rusted through and wouldn't pass inspection although we welded it up pretty good. I picked up a much larger 2500 after that.

new to the site. first jbl find was a pair of 4408s at a tag sale. hooked them up and found one tweeter was expired. yesterday i found a pair of 940s in jersey for 100 bucks. pick up only and i live in mass but i think ill buy em. my hk680i has been giving me hints about getting better speakers when i play floyd slightly above listening level.

Did it have the auto in it?
    Nope, it was a 4-speed. I still have about ten "-02" cars sitting around, two of them convertibles, and one of those we picked up in Wiesbaden on our honeymoon 27-years ago. Also have a 2000 four-door, three Isettas, and three 700 two-cylinders; but no 2500/Bavaria/etc. sedans. Recently sold a 1980 E12 528i and I still drive a 1987 535is when the weather's good. Like Seawolf, my daily driver is a 1995 E34 5-series. Oh yeah, and five BMW bikes. I could fill a thread with "my best BMW find", but now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Like Seawolf, my daily driver is a 1995 E34 5-series. O
    well, no..my daily driver is a 4WD Ford truck...the garage queen (at least in winter) is a 540i ...that V8 puts out 280something hp and is not really a snow car ...the dentist that owned it before me put on WIDE (265/270 ?) 40 series Pirelli's on very expensive BBS wheels ( stemless ....I have to carry little stainless valve stems in the glovebox ...then to refill air, have to locate which titanium bolt is the fake (out of about 25) ..unscrew it and screw in my ss adapter to refill air ...then reverse all when done) ..the 40 series tire is cool looking but no protection for the wheel, so at replacement time I went taller/skinnier at 250/50/17 and had to order P77's from Arizona.

worked at Intel for some time, their parking lot had more & better BMW's than the local dealer

I've driven M3's , 740's ,330ci's , 645's (what a beast) , Z4's etc on Koman "drive for the cure" day ..but the old 540 is still good enough for me

LATER: 2 other reasons the BMW is in the garage 1. heater is weak 2. the truck has permanent plates , no renew , no emissions tests , nothing , zero plate costs while I'm alive.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    well, no..my daily driver is a 4WD Ford truck...the garage queen (at least in winter) is a 540i ...that V8 puts out 280something hp and is not really a snow car ...the dentist that owned it before me put on WIDE (265/270 ?) 40 series Pirelli's on very expensive BBS wheels ..the 40 series tire is cool looking but no protection for the wheel, so at replacement time I went taller/skinnier at 250/50/17 and had to order P77's from Arizona.

LATER: 2 other reasons the BMW is in the garage 1. heater is weak 2. the truck has permanent plates , no renew , no emissions tests , nothing , zero plate costs while I'm alive.
    I find it hard to believe your winters are colder than ours here at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, and the heater in my 525i works great. The car also is super in snow but then living here and being a BMW-dealer general manager and sales manager, I never ordered any BMWs without traction control since ASC+T became an option in 1994. I use Pirelli WinterSports 235/45s on 17" E34 M5 forged wheels and I go wherever I want, including visiting daughters in NY. You might want to check that thermostat, or your heater's water pump. Yeah, there is such a part: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...14&hg=64&fg=18
    or try replacing your micro-filter if it's just an airflow issue. Or just drive the truck.

I find it hard to believe your winters are colder than ours here at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, and the heater in my 525i works great. The car also is super in snow but then living here and being a BMW-dealer general manager and sales manager, I never ordered any BMWs without traction control since ASC+T became an option in 1994. I use Pirelli WinterSports 235/45s on 17" E34 M5 forged wheels and I go wherever I want, including visiting daughters in NY. You might want to check that thermostat, or your heater's water pump. Yeah, there is such a part: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...14&hg=64&fg=18
    or try replacing your micro-filter if it's just an airflow issue. Or just drive the truck.
    we've been in the 20's for last 10 days , cold enough ..mine was a Calif car and does not have ASC+T , and yes, its easy to "break 'em loose" (even with a 5 speed auto)

I changed the microflter in an attempt to solve problem...what a bitch ...2 hours on my back contorted around , (you have to remove glove box) and no joy ..

this one was worse ...so I just "drive the truck"
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

LOL

I only drive the truck when the snow gets +12", +chains if it's +30". Otherwise it's the Audi A6 2.7T bi-turbo 310 HP (chipped) with dedicated winter tires. Loved the bimmers when I was in DE, but I'm an Audi guy now.

Loved the bimmers when I was in DE, but I'm an Audi guy now.
    I sold Audis for 20-years, and Porsches, too. But I drive BMWs—at least for the past 38 years!

I just did the microfilter on my '95 and it took about a half-hour including vacuuming out the compartment. No, it's not my first time and, yes, it is helpful to like being upside down! A 5-series is a piece of cake compared to the same vintage 3-series. They were both added later as an afterthought. On the new ones it takes about ten seconds.

Thread Information