Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Your best JBL find

00Robin
    right place,right time...

gpakyle

What to do With Altec Speaker/Cab

In response to "Hoto", the $37.50 was for just one 604-B with the N-1000-B crossover and 605 cabinet. How I wish I had two! Now I don't know what to do with this one really nice speaker and cabinet I would love to hear from others what they might do with such a "find." I am considering selling it, but I'm not totally convinced that I want to. Any thoughts, suggestions or comments would be most appeciated.

So far, the last one. L55's for $25. Pristine except for stiff lansalloy.

Lucky Finds

I was visiting the Goodwill warehouse, which I refer to as the "mother ship" (it supplies all of the outlet stores) - and picked up a pair of L100 Centurys for $15. Drivers are perfect. I refinished the cabinets, added some Guilford speaker cloth and they are working and looking great. Also picked up a pair of well cared for L77s at an estate sale for $10. Persistance pays!

I finally get my first 434X , it is an orginal 4344 and I just pick them up this morning, The orginal owner brought them in Koera and shipped to here(Toronto) 2 yrs ago, the family decided to go back to Koera tomorrow and put this for sale locally.
    I check the speakers last week and finally get it for CAD 3K, fr the orginal asking price of 4K.
    http://toronto.craigslist.org/ele/381846384.html
    It's in great shape and I test it at their home setup with AV amp and seems work excellent. Only a very small dent/pinsize hole on the 2122H which just on the paper cone(not on the center cone-picture will provide later and need advise on this minor repair, thinking to just use a type at the back of the cone, any suggestion is welcome) .
    The family move back to Korea tomorrow and they listed this for sale on the last minutes, I can offer them a lower amount but you never know if someone will get it for a better offering price....I actually searching a 434X model locally for last few years but it is hard to find one here. Most of them located in US and shipping/tax (14%) just too much.
    I am so happy with this purchase and I empty my back a/c for this but I believe I make a right decision.
    Will post more pic later....

00Robin
    Quote Originally Posted by gpakyle View Post
    In response to "Hoto", the $37.50 was for just one 604-B with the N-1000-B crossover and 605 cabinet. How I wish I had two! Now I don't know what to do with this one really nice speaker and cabinet I would love to hear from others what they might do with such a "find." I am considering selling it, but I'm not totally convinced that I want to. Any thoughts, suggestions or comments would be most appeciated.

I would LOVE to buy that boy. I just wonder where the other fellow is? I'm in Michigan about 150 miles away I think, or so. What do you want to do with that? Do you have a set of others you use or what?
    I'm sitting on a set of Altec VOTTS,the green 15" in two giant walnut stained cabinets and they are fantastic,but that cabinet of yours is a work of art.

A pair of 4350's at a pro-sound installer in Long Island City, NY for $2,000 in 1995. Cabs were structurally sound, needed refursbishing, and got the bass drivers reconed. They're still by main speakers. I'm currently awaiting new filters from Giskard/Riessen, otherwise they sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoman View Post
    Well you thought that was good. During my stint as an audio visual tech I got a chance to refoam these baby's and the owner who was also my co-worker let me take em home after we closed are CA. operations......JBL 4313B Still a favorite! Price paid ..NaDA FREE BE!
    Those are my favorite also......all 28 of them!

L200's

I read a listing on Craigslist in DC for a set of JBL L200's FREE. I quickly replied and said I could pick them up. I was shocked at first to just read this. I was even more shocked to get a call less than 5 minutes later and the gentleman said they were mine. I live more than 100 miles away from there but less than 2 hours lates I was a proud owner of a very nice set. All original.

Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxx View Post
    I read a listing on Craigslist in DC for a set of JBL L200's FREE. I quickly replied and said I could pick them up. I was shocked at first to just read this. I was even more shocked to get a call less than 5 minutes later and the gentleman said they were mine. I live more than 100 miles away from there but less than 2 hours lates I was a proud owner of a very nice set. All original.
    Thats a stunning deal - congrats!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

2 JBL 2240H sub woofers, left in a friends rental house and he had no use for them so he gave them to me for free....one needed a recone but still way worth it.

Not JBL but still a awsome find....found a Pioneer Elite VSX09TX in a trash pile driving home one night from school. Replaced the power trans. and it fired right up.

JBL D130's in a family memebers atic allong with the LE175s

My mint 4315's

My best find was my mint pair of 4315's for 3 cases of beer just when I thought my luck was run out. They are in the same section and a couple of posts down if you want to check out the pics.
    4435, 4430, 4315, 4312B.
    2 x Bryston 4BSST2, BGW 203, JBL 5235, Aphex 720.

Thumbs up how i got horns!

love these great stories!

about 8 years ago i scored my pride and joy JBL system from a local hall. at the time i wasn't aware of the magnitude of my find, but i definitely knew i liked old JBL, so was ready with my cash.

for my $250 i got:
    2 piano black C40 Harkness cabinets each loaded with...
    a 150-4C, a 375 attached to a bent horn mounted in the mouth of the low frequency horn and N400 crossovers.

the bad news was that 1 of the 375 drivers had been blown, and the cabinets had been scraped up having been dragged around the stage in this particular hall, and had lost their feet at some point.

after researching my score and joining the original Lansing Heritage site, forum member Oldmics sold me a pair of correct 16 ohm aluminum diaphragms, of which i still have one as a spare, and the system sits in my living room with the 375's driving some nice 2397 smith horns. i added a pair of alnico 2405 slot tweeters as well. everyone who hears this setup is amazed, and i am so blessed to have found these amazing sounding components for a price i could afford!
    C40/N400/150-4C/375/2397/2405/D123 (rear) + D208 - LE8T

I got these altecs for $200

I got these JBL's for $400

Both these came from a flea market dealer that just happend to mention that her son has some large speakers for sale. I will be back next week to get his Cornwalls for $300.

a set of 4312B's

at a garage sale for 10.00, the lady said they were hubbies old "garage speakers"

got em for 2 fins.
    Larry
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

Thread Information